Horton Christmas Ornament Countdown

a2c1fdd0dc50e738ed3ba7f569a41eaf3be15710.jpg

f092e50e353a97ea0c20a1c8732060c11b2f15c6.jpg

Spencer has never been seen in Salem. He was only mentioned once by Julie. Apparently Steven had Spencer with a model in Europe. Spencer was supposed to come to Salem as a young man but the storyline was scrapped. He was never given an ornament. It just showed up with the newer ornaments a few years ago, along with new ones made for Steven (they misspelled his name as Stephen), Sandy (Tommy Horton's daughter) and Janice, since those 3 either broke or were reused.

Steven was last played by Stephen Schnetzer, probably better known as Cass Winthrop on Another World. Steven was a con artist/crook. Here he is with Julie. So Hope has two half-brothers, Steven (by Addie) and Dougie LeClair (by Doug).

1978schnetzerhayesB.JPG

Janice was Mickey and Maggie's foster daughter. She was eventually returned to her bio mother, Joanne. The character returned in 1987 as an adult, who was now a doctor. She got involved with both Mike and Bill Horton. Janice was killed by Jack's adoptive dad, Harper Deveraux (when he was the Riverfront Knifer). She died on the operating table as Bill and Mike tried to save her.

janicemaggie.gif
mikejanicebill.gif

Janice's original ornament was red. I believe it was reused as Sarah's ornament after Sarah's original ornament apparently broke. Janice's ornament wasn't seen or mentioned for decades, then this new one was made a few years ago out of the blue and Maggie put it on the tree.

Here's the last time Janice hung her own ornament (the red one), with Bill, Melissa and Tom behind her:

81a4752d16ae30016480219ecc6cc356.jpg

Even though he was a "criminal", I put in some votes for Trevor Donovan (Jeremy) this season on Dancing with the Stars. Didn't think he had much of a chance of winning, but I did my part to support a former Salemite!!

If Xander sees all the ornaments bearing the names of people who no longer have any relevance to the Salem social scene, he might go to Maggie and Sarah and demand one of his own. And he’d be right to do so. He’s now a major Horton in-law and his ornament, as seen on this board, would certainly add some pizzazz to the otherwise drab Horton tree.

For those who ask who Stephen and Sandy are, Steven (they misspelled his name on his ornament) is explained above, in post #26.

Sandy is Tommy Horton's daughter with his ex-wife, Kitty. She hasn't been seen/mentioned in decades either.

And for newer viewers, Scotty is David Banning's son, so he's Eli's half-brother and Julie's grandson.

If anyone dares to object to a Xander or Leo ornament because of some criminal activity in their pasts, they should be referred to the post above that shows the Jeremy ornament. At last report, Jeremy was a wanted criminal. Perhaps, even worse, he was once called out by Grandma Alice for not keeping in touch. Fie on him.

Back