Horton Christmas Ornament Countdown

abf3af9cf0ed0b262bcae25530b2b0bf769ccca9.jpg

63af5c172b93557c664f7c677378d9b87fe1b37f.jpg

The big question is whether Xander will manage will stay married to Sarah long enough to get an ornament on this year's tree. Imagine him telling Gwen: "Bloody hell, I've simply got to keep Sarah from learning the truth about Mr. Clown long enough to fulfill my dream of getting an ornament on the Horton tree!"

Never fear DBF, if Maggie doesn't present Xander with his own ornament in a few weeks, we can take comfort in our Spectator version:

1b81088b6d22d56fe15b21a5a46bd706.jpg
This ornament would be a runaway best-seller at Salem's finer stores. Women would be fighting over them the way parents used to battle for Cabbage Patch dolls. In fact, if Xander received a royalty for each ornament sold, his money troubles would be over.

How would Gwen get an ornament? She is Jack's daughter, who is not a Horton. Yes, he is married to Jen, but that has nothing to do with Gwen. But....we know that all Salem's citizens get one, married or not. Heck, Bonnie still gets one. Hahahaha.

How would Gwen get an ornament? She is Jack's daughter, who is not a Horton. Yes, he is married to Jen, but that has nothing to do with Gwen. But....we know that all Salem's citizens get one, married or not. Heck, Bonnie still gets one. Hahahaha.
Chelsea got one as Hope's stepdaughter. Chase got one as Hope's stepson after she and Aiden were married and he was "killed" on their wedding night. Mickey and Maggie's foster daughter (Janice) got one. Melissa got one and she wasn't legally adopted by Mickey and Maggie, they just took her in as a runaway teenager. Dougie LeClair got one for being Doug's godson (the Horton's didn't know Doug was Dougie's bio dad). Faith got one for being Scotty's girlfriend, same as Carrie got one for being Mike's girlfriend. Technically Daniel would've been Mickey's stepson, and Melanie and Parker his step-grandchildren. I know you hate it, but many non-blood or non-married Hortons have gotten ornaments since way back in the day.

Gwen is Jennifer's stepdaughter, even if we don't like it.

As I said......everyone in Salem, no matter if not related, gets an ornament......they are no longer as special as they once were. No wonder they don't devote an entire episode to the hanging of the ornaments any more. They really have become meaningless under all the different writers.

I guess it all depends on your viewpoint. I still love the ornaments and for me, the more the merrier. I love seeing them every year and look forward to new ones as they're added. But there are people like you who hate to see non-Hortons get them and that's fine too.

This ornament would be a runaway best-seller at Salem's finer stores. Women would be fighting over them the way parents used to battle for Cabbage Patch dolls. In fact, if Xander received a royalty for each ornament sold, his money troubles would be over.
Could you imagine the mighty X-man having a booth in Horton Town Square where he'd sign his hunky ornament and give each lady a peck on the cheek? You're right, his money troubles would be way over!

I don't HATE to see non Horton's get an ornament. Don't put words in for me. I think spouses of Hortons, their children are fine. But when a Horton divorces a non-Horton, then their ornament should no longer be a part of the tradition. And girlfriends or boyfriends of Hortons .......doesn't seem right. Guess the rules changed over the years.

Sorry, my apologies, I misunderstood. When you said you hated Gwen getting an ornament I thought you meant all non-Hortons, too.

I just hate the idea that Gwen gets an ornament, no matter what.

As to Horton spouses, (or boyfriends/girlfriends) once they're divorced (or have broken up), for the most part, their ornaments are retired and usually never seen again (you might get a peek at them in the box during the ceremony, but that's where they stay, in the box). But there are some exceptions, such as Laura. She and Bill divorced decades ago but her ornament is hung every year. When Doug and Julie were divorced, his ornament was still put on the tree.

Back