How do I add an avatar and/or signature pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliviaunt

Reaction score
Ok, I knew how to do these things in the old system and like to think of myself as fairly computer literate....but I don't get it!

When I try to use an image, I get this message:

"This GIF image has the incorrect file extension". HELP! What am I doing wrong? :confused:

The avatar dimensions are slightly different. You will most likely have to resize to upload. The requirements for the avatar is on the page where you will hit browse to upload your avatar.

The signature is quite different. It took me a while to figure it out. You have to save an image that you want to use as your siggy, and load it. You have to use a certain vb code. I didn't realize this, but at the bottom of these pages, is a list of posting rules, so, after you upload your siggy, you can click on the vbcode and it will show you what codes to use to do whatever. In the signature use the vbcode , you have to copy and paste the url for your pic after it is uploaded, you will see it after it is uploaded. anyway, this has to be typed in the big empy box in order for it to appear in your posts.

hope this helps. any more questions, feel free to pm me, or Poirot, or Wayne.

Everytime I type in the vbcode, it disappears, but, you put your bracket([) then type in sigpic then another bracket (]), type in the url that you copy and pasted, then bracket ([) then type in /sigpic then bracket, with no spaces.

Thanks for the help. I'm making progress. :cool: I still haven't quite figured out the signature....but I'm getting there. (I think).

Ok, I don't get it. I uploaded my pix then I got the vb code and added that in the big box with the url again and no spaces and saved signature. When I click on my name it shows my siggy but not when I post.Grrrrrrr

Never mind, it's showing up now.lmbo I don't know what that was all about, it wasn't there, then it was. WooooHoooo I did it!!!!

Thanks!! I need to read the rules. I know Poirot doesnt want certin things and i'm known for breaking the rules.lol I'm the bad, rowdy girl of the bunch.hahahaha

Very interesting! Iam going to have to check this out in further detail. :D

My sig doesn't show up in posts either, even though it is accepted in the User CP section.

P.S. Update: Got it working. :)

I remember having a problem, too. But evidently, what happens is when you make a sig pic, it will only show up on NEW posts.

The avatar dimensions are slightly different. You will most likely have to resize to upload. The requirements for the avatar is on the page where you will hit browse to upload your avatar.

The signature is quite different. It took me a while to figure it out. You have to save an image that you want to use as your siggy, and load it. You have to use a certain vb code. I didn't realize this, but at the bottom of these pages, is a list of posting rules, so, after you upload your siggy, you can click on the vbcode and it will show you what codes to use to do whatever. In the signature use the vbcode , you have to copy and paste the url for your pic after it is uploaded, you will see it after it is uploaded. anyway, this has to be typed in the big empy box in order for it to appear in your posts.

hope this helps. any more questions, feel free to pm me, or Poirot, or Wayne.

Everytime I type in the vbcode, it disappears, but, you put your bracket([) then type in sigpic then another bracket (]), type in the url that you copy and pasted, then bracket ([) then type in /sigpic then bracket, with no spaces.

yesssssss mine works now thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tried adding a sigpic

and it just shows the url, not the banner. Sigh. Can anyone help me with this. I am fairly good usually and importing pics from Photobucket and such things. Got something wrong this time, though. :confused:

this is the banner, made by sammysue, on another forum, but noting fans are welcome to snag and use.

I thought I read somewhere on the site that we weren't aloud to use banners as signatures?

In the FAQ, it states; "Signatures should be just a line or two, regular font size, color is o.k." and "'Signatures' contain information that you want to include at the bottom of all your posts. This might include pictures, links to your site(s), quotes, etc." I don't think the banners are enabled on the site, no one here really has a banner as their signature that I've seen.

I'm not sure if that's different since before, as I've only been here since January 2011. I think the reason that only the link shows up is that pictures aren't enabled anymore in signatures. I couldn't get a custom smiley of the "female" symbol to work, either.

Sorry.

That is correct Nicole.

As Poirot snickeringly breaks her own rule about pics in her signature line. For shame (I'm JOKING!!!) :)

Wayne

Just removed my siggie pix to save bandwidth for the site. Thanks for letting us know Poirot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back