How do I watch Days of Our Lives on Peacock?

Thanks, Jason. Some people might have the ability to do it if they knew how.

If you posted in the other topic how to access Days, please repost here since that topic is getting long. Thanks.

I have a streaming device which was included with my DVD player. You can also use a Roku to watch Days. You just
need to add the Channel/App to the device. I have Cox cable and the premium Peacock is free for now.

Peacock has Premium Plus for $10. You don't get ads with that.

If Cox doesn't let me watch Peacock premium, I'll pay the $4.99 a month. I don't watch many shows on NBC so I won't pay
the higher price.

Currently those who have Xfinity/Comcast should have Peacock. I’m assuming it’s some version of the premium because we were able to watch Beyond Salem 2. I’ve read that this may not be the situation for long as apparently NBC was doing that initially just to get people on board as subscribers. But for now, it should be as simple as hitting the voice remote button and saying “Days of our Lives on Peacock” and it will open up.

I do not have cable nor a smart tv. I do have internet/wifi system and a tv that has HDMI ports that allows me to use my Amazon Firestick for streaming. Because I do not have cable/tv but I do have Xfinity as my internet provider, they gave me their Flex streaming device for free that includes free Peacock Premium. Check with your internet provider to see if they might have an option like this. I have Verizon for cell service and they also have several free options such as this, so check with your cell provider.

Last edited:
You probably need to contact them.

With Cox, I have a cable box I can watch Peacock through. Otherwise, I use internet to watch on my
other devices. I hope that helps.

Peacock has Premium Plus for $10. You don't get ads with that.

If Cox doesn't let me watch Peacock premium, I'll pay the $4.99 a month. I don't watch many shows on NBC so I won't pay
the higher price.
Kat - When I had Premium for $4.99, the ads were fine. Not that long and enough time to grab a snack. I also have Hulu w/ads, which is now $6.99 and going up to $7.99 in October, but still a good deal.

I'm trying to get Peacock myself, and have learned that through Spectrum you may be able to get it for free. My question - Is Peacock through your TV or internet service?
tabbycat46 - I don't have a smart TV so watch Peacock on my laptop. Can't use a Roku, since TV is in a cabinet.

I have Peacock on my smart TVs (I have an LG in my living room and a Vizio in my office), but I also have a Fire TV dongle. Amazon runs deals on them all the time. I think the cheapest one is $30 regular price.

The Vizio also has built-in Airplay, so I can cast from an Apple device (like an iPhone or a Mac) to the TV. But I only use that for work stuff since the TV has streaming. You can get a Vizio TV for $130-150 for a small one at Target.

And I subscribe to Peacock when I want to watch it. My AT&T internet and Verizon phone get me free HBO and free Hulu & Disney, but not Peacock.

tabbycat46 - I don't have a smart TV so watch Peacock on my laptop. Can't use a Roku, since TV is in a cabinet.
Hey WW, I already have a smart TV so that won't be an issue. The only issue that I have is that I have 3 choices through Spectrum (TV Choice, Apple TV and Roku). The Smart TV that I have is through Amazon Fire/Fire stick. If I can access Peacock through my internet that would be the ideal.
Like katmouse said, I'll probably have to call them.

Thanks for the information. All this stuff is so confusing. I also looked at all the TV choices that are avaiable through a Smart TV and/or app, and I sincerely hope that Ken Corday knows what he is doing. The show could get lost in the shuffle.

tabbycat I have Spectrum and you go here peacocktv.com/spectrum to sign up. You get premium for free for a year if you have their cable or 90 days if you just have their internet. I haven't started the process myself because I'll wait to the switch. Then you can go to peackock on your fire stick, sign in there and you're all set.

There are multiple ways one can watch Peacock, even still on TV.

If you don't have a "smart TV" which has the Peacock app, you might still be able to hook up your laptop computer via an HDMI cable if it is an older TV (one that is not smart, but has an HDMI input in the back). That way, when you play the "Days" episode on your laptop, if it's hooked up via HDMI, then you can play it on the laptop, but it will also play on your TV screen.

If you don't have either a "smart TV" or a TV with an HDMI input, then I think you are out of luck with watching it on TV.

Your next best option, in my opinion, would be to watch it via the Peacock website on a computer screen. Then the show is at least big enough to see instead of being on a phone or tablet.

Do you know if your TV has an HDMI input in the back (or front, I guess it could be anywhere on the TV, although mine is in the back).

If you have an HDMI input on your TV somewhere, you can buy an HDMI cable for like 20 dollars or so, and then hook it up to your computer and then still be able to watch Days on TV (by playing it on the computer but watching the feed on the TV).

As long as you have a connection for a DVD player on the back, you’ll be fine. Even if you don’t have an HDMI cable, there are adapters. Take a picture of the TV connector and someone can help you find the right one. FireTV and Roku both have small dongle type streamers that don’t take up space in a cabinet.

Amd therein lies the rub. NBC is saying you can watch for $5.......but it will cost all kinds of other money to adapt TVx, computers, in addition to the subscriptions. That is asking a lot just to be able to watch a show.

A show that's terrible, to be frank. If they expect people to rig their current TVs (I exclude myself, mine is set up to run streaming services, etc., ...but I speak of others) and/or buy new TVs/devices for the pace of storytelling that makes a "kitchen sink" soap look trendy and fast-paced...they will have a sore reckoning.

Here are some images. HDMI cables say HDMI on them. They are fatter than a USB port. Most laptops have one on them, and most computers in the last few years have at least 1 on them. At one of my offices we have a 5-year-old or so TV that has FOUR HDMI ports.

1660582727021.png1660582860413.png

A dongle is basically a USB port that will connect a wireless device. There are also dongles that fit HDMI ports. Many wireless mouse/keyboard combos operate off of them. (My two new all-in-one computers came with a dongle for the mouse & keyboard.)

There are many low-cost options that probably will work with your existing TV if you have an HDMI port on it. Between my home and office, we have purchased four Roku sticks, and they really work very well. I like being able to stop watching in my office, and pick up later in the living room, and then stop and finish in the bedroom, for example.

Back