HUGE Rumor........

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And it IS strictly a rumor......but some soap site (never had heard of it) reported that Billy Flynn (Chad) may be leaving Days when Kate Mansi (Abby) leaves. they said he was filming til October, which means he would still be on screen til April/May...and May is a sweeps month.

Now a few months ago, it was posted that he had signed a new contract, which is of unknown duration. He even tweeted that he was staying in Salem.
One of the sites (I checked 2) said that perhaps this is to give Chad & Abby a happy ending, they move away together, etc. and know that the current pregnancy is Chad's child.

Please remember, this is STRICTLY RUMOR and no idea if the original site is all that reliable. But others are picking it up, of course. Wait to hear from Jason47.....he is the most reliable.

I've been watching twitter today to see how true it is. I think part of it is.

I wonder if it was his decision or are writers are doing something with the Chad/Abby
story.

Is the actor just leaving? Will someone else play Chad?

If this is true (and I do believe it, since Jason47 confirms), then good. Since Sami left, it's been the Abby/Chad show. It's time to give another group of characters the spotlight (as long as it's not Claire!). And if they can go off together on a happy note, that would be nice.

That Indulgence site is where I first saw it, but never heard of it before, so....was not sure. Never ever heard Jason refer to it before either

I'm wondering if he's gone already or leaves before Oct.

Last edited:
The show can do nothing about actors who choose to leave. Marci Miller (present Abby) decided not to stay, opted to leave. The show was lucky they could get Kate Mansi (past & future Abby) to reprise her role. She recently agreed to extend her stay a bit....and the guess is to end their story. Billy Flynn was rumored to be leaving for quite some time, then he signed a contract. Maybe it was a short term one, so that they could write out both chad & Abby together. I don't know, contract details are definitely not public.
I do think this news was NOT to be given out yet.
I really do think, tho, it is a travesty that the show would not come to terms with Steven Nichols, especially with Jack returning,
So.......Kayla has no son, daughter or husband in town. Stefan will have no mother or brothers in town. No family. Kate also will have no family, since Lucas is leaving, and her "like a son to me" Chad will be going.

I could stand to see Kate with Will more, I still enjoy her in scenes with him. Can't really say that about her character in general.

They are going to keep losing the best actors and characters until we have nothing but the "young group", most of which I care NOTHING about. Why can't Gabi leave along with Eli and Lani. They can also get rid of Claire, Eve and a few others. I have been watching DOOL since the 60's but I'm really getting tired of the repeated storylines and losing the vets. I know they need new people to keep it interesting but most of the new ones lately haven't been interesting at all!

So.......Kayla has no son, daughter or husband in town. Stefan will have no mother or brothers in town. No family. Kate also will have no family, since Lucas is leaving, and her "like a son to me" Chad will be going.

I found a clip of the first five minutes of the first episode a while back. The first scene of Alice and Tom showed them talking about the importance of family.

My, my... how this show has changed. :sad:

That Indulgence site is where I first saw it, but never heard of it before, so....was not sure. Never ever heard Jason refer to it before either

I've referenced Casey's stuff from Daytime Indulgence a few times over the past few years. He's new on the scene, but nothing he's reported in the past few years has turned out to be false, so I consider him a trustworthy site.

Back