I always wanted to.......

Well for one thing the cost of living is ridicules and the taxes are out of site. I could not ever find temp work. I stayed with very wonderful friends in Santa Clarita and it was just too suburban for me. I never felt a sense of community there at all. Plus the asians and illegals were the rudess people in the world. I missed living by the water...it was so far away from the ocean. Florida is cheaper...I love the weather...ya it is hot in the summer but honestly I live in AC...drive in AC... and work in AC so not a problem for me. I love the afternoon showers here. I love North Palm Beach where I am moving too...such a nice little community. People are just nice here.

What part of Florida??

I'm going to be attending Stetson University in DeLand.

Always wanted to travel...Germany, Austraila, Scotland, etc...maybe one day!
Also wanted to work behind the scenes in a Theater...loved doing that in junior high and it really would be my dream job.

Jammers, I've been backstage at many a show (music) and I wouldn't want to be working there, unless I was doing sound or lights, lol. Never been there in a Theater, though. I hope that's different!

A great thread Poirot! Loved reading everyone's response.

I have always wanted to be funny and get paid for it. Make millions and live high on the hog in Hollywood, CA. Have millions of adoring fans asking for my autograph, ride in limos, have all designer digs, drink the finest of wines, have a professional staff to do everything for me including rubbing my feet before bed. Nothing would be finer then appearing on Jimmy Fallon and doing a comedy routine with him. Do charity events with Joan Rivers, Brian Regan, Joy Behar and other famous comedians. Live the life of Riley and crack everyone up.

:rotfl:<-------------------------------THAT is what i would want to see alllllllll the time.

Be an archeologist. I had always wanted to be able to dig up those bones and teeth, cups and gold coins, or even a gold necklace....... I did buy a metal detector a few years ago, and have a lot of fun going out on the beach here in Florida, and the three of us that went, found two wedding rings and a lousy set of keys.... That was a joke and a half. We have found several things since...... callouses on our feet, and sand under our finger nails is the extent of the beach... I had a cousin that also had this burning in his belly, and with his metal detector, he found three gold coins, and three silver coins.... I have three... well they are called ha/pennies, and I have been offered money for them often, just sort of did not need the money then. I wish they would offer me some for them now.... times change, and what goes around comes back to bite us in rear.....

Days de... you will be on the east coast, not too far from the Daytona Speedway, and there is a small air port there too. When I was there last the club that rents several planes at one time, was there, above there. and was dumping out the last shipment of club members out of the plane, they belonged to the parachute club at De Land. I loved it there, but I live west coast, about 125 miles south of Tampa, and love the size of Fort Myers a whole lot better than Tampa, but love De Land too. I am thrilled you will be down here next year...

Message for Guilty Pleasure.... I tried to learn several musical instruments, and then when I finally had a long chat with myself, I decided I could still play the CD Player.... or record player... they always sound great....

@old cowgirl
I always wanted to learn to quilt and embroider so I could make a "crazy quilt," like the ones my grandmothers' generation made. But after trying my hand at knitting, crocheting, and cross stitching, it became obvious I don't have a talent for hand crafts. My daughter-in-law even gave me a kit called, "Embroidery for Dummies" one year.
I knit and crotchet and embroider, but not sure these long distance lessons would benefit either of us, and not sure how you would hold the embroider needles. I can teach you how, if you can figure out how to do it.....

In re: metal detectors. I have a friend who writes a column on the internet. He mentioned a H.S. reunion. Someone posted about having found a class ring from his class (with his metal detector at the beach, but actually right near a storm drain). He mentioned the initials on it, my friend said he would ask around at the reunion. Heck, I pulled out yearbooks, found someone with those initials, posted my find. Well, I don't know who called who, who looked up who, or what, but...the finder and the owner got together and the ring was returned.....it had been lost the day after receiving it! Needless to say, all those years later, it was hard to believe.
So, it can certainly be fun. I know folks who use them just looking for change and they do find them.

Sunnydaze....I often thought the same as you, but between the fires, mudslides, earthquakes, smog and traffic....Nope, would not want to live in Hollywood.

Love reading these, ok I always wanted to travel to Sydney Australia. I also wish I could do a road trip across the country (like diners, drive-ins, and Dives tv show on the food network) I wish I could learn how to play the guitar. I would love to learn sign language and Spanish, and french. One more,if i had the guts I would've try out for a reality show or audition for a soap opera lol.:D

Thanks Barb... I love the Metal Detector... I have several rings, but to find the owner of a ring that lost it only a few days after the ring was purchased is breathtaking... There are so many things they can do for you, and it seems like there is always a need, thanks for the information. Sometimes, this day is o ne of them, I need things like that to calm me down, and make me calm.... This really helped. I was not sure if everyone would think I was hoakey or not, but I assure you, I get a lot of enjoyment from the thing... that is as close as I could come to my original dream... Thanks for opening this thread...

Which reality show would you audition for PC???

I would like to do the Amazing Race or Survivor, but my brain tells me that I am nuts!! I think I could use Survivor as a weigh loss program, but I dont know how I would do with little food. My brother and I have said that we would like to go on there at the same time, but not tell anyone we are related and see how far we could go...but I swear to you if he voted me off, I would pound him! We laugh that we would make it to the final three, one of us would win and then we would annouce at the reunion show that we are brother and sister. We also joked about doing the Amazing Race, but neither of us likes heights or can tolerate eating gross stuff, so we decided we would just watch the show instead. LOL. Plus if things don't go his way, he gets a "tad" grumpy. Would never do Amazing Race with my hubby because I love him and don't want to screw up a 20yr + marriage over a show :D...not even for a million dollars!

Oh, that is too funny. When it first came on, I also thought of Survivor, (Richard Hatch would have never made it, lol) but I really do not swim well at all, and some of those challenges were awful. I think after people got sick after going home, they changed some of the challenges. I always want to know how they can be in bikinis and shorts all the time with the insects. Sorry, but I live near water, forests, etc. and I know whereof I speak. LOL
I'd love to be in the writers' room at a soap.

Jammers, I think if I had the chance for some money, it would be on GSN, Game Show Network, and try out for Minute to Win it. They let you practice, and tells you what to have on hand to play with, and the winning can go to one million real easy.... or sometimes not so easy... but very much fun....

I wish you all would quit reminding me......but I was supposed to be a contestant on Password. And my partner would have been Betty White. So...I wake up the morning of the tapings....with a super migraine, was sick all day, most of it spent in the bathroom. I used to LOVE that game.

Days Pretender, thanks for the offer to teach me to embroider. I think I'm a lost cause and at this stage of life I have no patience for working at tedious things with my hands/fingers. Even texting makes me want to smash my phone so I do almost none of it.

I have a metal detector too. Have only used it around home. There aren't many places around here that aren't private property. I got it because my son wanted to look for meteorites here on our place. His brother had found a piece that was worth some money years ago. We haven't found any more so far though.

PC_Salem, it's too bad the original Route 66 is not still around for you to see. It had lots of fun, quirky places to visit. I hope you get to go visit some of the fun places of today.

Back