I can't wait until August!!

oldsoapie

Reaction score
Today's show was such a waste of time and talent. Jennifer running to Daniel to whine, JJ running to Daniel to whine, Paige running to Daniel to whine. Eve blaming everyone but herself for the fling with JJ. Theresa acting her usual self.....Oh PLEASE!!!! Hurry up August and new writers! About the only decent part of the show was Hope and Victor and they weren't on long.

Is it me or should Eve and Will start a club??? Eve lost her daughter, Will his husband, yet apparently what parts Eve and Will played in those losses were not their fault. Amazing. I understand it's a soap and you have to have some strife, but this is pretty much the same story just different actors.

I'm just afraid that come August/Labor Day, the changes needed/wanted won't be there.

We need a countdown clock.

lol, soapie. Here is what I think. Or at least am really hoping, big time. When the present writers left, and the new writers came aboard, there were scripts already written, not yet filmed. Yes, lots were already filmed and we have been seeing those. I am thinking that by the end of July, beginning of Aug. we will, of course, still be seeing the previous writers' work, but perhaps some tweaking here and there, in order for there not to be an abrupt change in whatever story directions we would be seeing at that time.
I think the new writers came on board in mid-Feb. It would work out, then, that there own credited work would start appearing the end of August.

Does anyone (Jason47))?? know if any of the breakdown or dialogue writers such as the Cullitons are still on the job with the new head writers? In my view, these folks make up valuable components of what we see and hear on a daily basis and they need to be top notch too!

Does anyone (Jason47))?? know if any of the breakdown or dialogue writers such as the Cullitons are still on the job with the new head writers? In my view, these folks make up valuable components of what we see and hear on a daily basis and they need to be top notch too!

The August script cover I have still has the old team in place, so that's no use. Plus, the scripts no longer list the dialogue writers on the cover anymore. They just list the head writers and breakdown writers. We do know Melissa Salmons is still with the show. She's been tweeting with fans this week and said she is currently writing the New Year's Eve episode!

Even though I watch the show every day, I just cannot get into it right now. I have resorted to watching old clips from the 80s and 90s to get my Days fix. I sure hope the new writing in August will pick up the pace and write about characters and storylines we care about again.

What is the difference between a breakdown writer and a script writer?

I do think overall Ms. Salmons is a good writer however, she needs to tone down her opinions of certain couples on social media and instead focus on the couples and storylines that are the heart and history of this show.

I know Jason 47 can explain it better than I can......but, headwriters do the bible, or "this is what is going to happen. Breakdown writers then break the story into scenes, depending on how long the story is to go on. And script writers do the dialogue.

i.e. The bible may say, surprise birthday party for Paige where Paige , The breakdown writers then break that down into several scenes, Decorating, guests arriving, Paige's arrival, the cake brought out, Paige's fury, etc. Dialogue is inserted into each scene, the meaningless chatter, the rage, anger, shouting, etc. etc.

the writers are listed at the end of the filmed episode when we view it. I think Jason only meant that the script he perhaps has seen for a period in the fall, isn't listing the dialogue writers. I am sure, when we see the episodes, they will be listed. Union rules.

Glad I chose to go Days-free until the new writers come in.

Jason, I wish whoever's in charge of the scripts would reconsider. It's always good to know who wrote the day's script!

The script writers are listed in the credits, so fans will still know who wrote each episode. They just don't happen to be listed on the script covers.

Back