I just got a serious ego boost!

b2curious

Reaction score
Last summer/fall a young man came into the office needing some help from one of the sections I was helping out. They were busy and it was something I could handle, so I did. A short time later, he friended me on Facebook, I'd ignored the request at first, until he mentioned I hadn't accepted it, so I did. Well, I had Facebook up a little while ago and he instant messaged me and very quickly in the conversation, asked if I was married. When I inquired why he asked, he replied "Cause ur hot." He further said that if I was single, he'd ask me out. I'm 42. He's 24, that's 18 years younger than me! Wow, do I feel flattered.

It's always nice to be complimented so I'd be quite flattered. Then I would be a little weirded out being friended by someone my kids age that I really didn't know who started asking personal questions. Then again I keep my friends list purposely short because I only want to share with close family and very close friends and a couple of the kids friends I've known for years.

Don't ya luv it? B2, ya gotta look in the mirror next time, and just smile...in fact, a big grin.
Ya still got it, girl. In spades!

I always laugh at the car commercial where the girl says her parents only have so many facebook friends. I also purposely keep my friends list very short (43 as of this weekend)...........my relatives, friends, friends' relatives who are like my family, and good friends I met through the Spectator. Even with that, most of my personal info isn't there because my friends & relatives already know different ways to reach me. Phone calls or messages through facebook and the Spectator work great because they come to my phone through my email.

Hmm, Guess I should add that I have over 150 Zynga game buddies. They're people who play games together, but all contact is through Zynga. They get none of your personal info or are able to get to your facebook. Only game info is sent through "send" and "accept" buttons for "gifting" of energy, special help, etc.

That's funny. Cuz all my "neighbors" in Zynga games are in my friends list. I just eliminated about 7 or 8 who don't seem to be playing any more. But they are all in my Friends list, for sure. You supposedly cannot get a neighbor unless it is a friend first.

And sorry b2........this is off topic from your thread, which does mention Facebook, but not game playing. LOL And I am not going in that corner either. LOL

Last summer/fall a young man came into the office needing some help from one of the sections I was helping out. They were busy and it was something I could handle, so I did. A short time later, he friended me on Facebook, I'd ignored the request at first, until he mentioned I hadn't accepted it, so I did. Well, I had Facebook up a little while ago and he instant messaged me and very quickly in the conversation, asked if I was married. When I inquired why he asked, he replied "Cause ur hot." He further said that if I was single, he'd ask me out. I'm 42. He's 24, that's 18 years younger than me! Wow, do I feel flattered.
I didn't mean to reply, but Like. That is a bit much of an age difference. My daughter is about 12 yrs older than her present "friend" and another lives with a guy younger than her oldest son!!!!!
So--who knows!

Hey!!!! I'm 42 also! LOL. As of this past Wednesday. I STILL get looks from guys. And it's kinda weird when they are old enough to be your little brother. SIGH>>>>>> Okay, I mean SON. GADS!!!! That is soooo weird saying that! LOL. And I am NOOOO cougar. These youngers today just don't get it...and I don't have the time to teach them all they need to know. :p:p:eek:

That's pretty much my take on it took. My husband occasionally teases me, saying some young guy is good looking and asking if I want to trade him in on A you ger model. I keep saying "He's just a pup. I don't want to train a puppy."

Back