Ice bucket challenge

SIGH...I haven't figured out what I am going to do yet! I must be creative...Those of you who know me, remember my posts...I am quite silly... And quite original, if I my boast a bit. LOL. Maybe I'll share the video here, so y'all can see what CTG looks like! heh.

I don't. It reminded me of the time she was on Fear Factor and had to eat the bugs. She has admittedly said she freaked out then. She sounded the same way when Dolvett picked her up. She had no intention of getting soaked, hence the small cup of water versus a bucket. Now that I see she was dressed up, it makes sense.

I saw that Fear Factor episode. She had to lay there with those snakes and bugs crawling all over her, and could not scream as the bugs would crawl in her mouth. Ugh, it was horrid. And then, when she was out, they had her eat a couple. (but they get to spit them out, or they throw up or something, out of camera range)

I also think she did not expect what happened.

Michael Zaslow, who played Roger Thorpe on The Guiding Light and David Renaldi on One Life To Live, died from ALS in 1998. When he was diagnosed, it was in all the soap opera magazines, and that was the first time I ever heard of this horrible disease. He founded ZazAngels, a foundation to raise awareness about Lou Gehrig's disease. There is also a book, Not That Man Anymore, about his struggles with the disease. I have not read it, yet, but I plan to do so.

There was a tv movie on a few years ago about Jennifer Estess, a young woman who had it and died at age 40. She and her sisters started the Project ALS charity. That is how I learned about it but as a Yankees fan, I've seen The Pride of the Yankees numerous times as well where it deals with Lou Gehrig's diagnosis but not the aftermath.

One of the guys on the morning show I listen to, did the ice bucket challenge. He decided to go big, or go home. A friend of his had access to a front end loader, so they filled it with ice and water and dumped it on his head.

https://www.facebook.com/edgelittlerock/posts/10152294283828862

They'd mention on air that morning that he was going to do it that day, I sent them a text saying that I'd seen too many challenges that were wrong (no mention of donating, how to donate, or even ALS) and to make sure that Patrick did it right and included a link to this article

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/08/i...-remember-why-youre-pouring-ice-on-your-head/

I'd seen a challenge a few months back, so I knew how it was supposed to work. Like RS said, it's been going on among police and fire fighters for months, and I saw it on one of the police facebook pages that I follow.

And since the U.S. State Dept has put out this reminder “Federal government ethics rules prevent us from using our public offices ... for private gain, no matter how worthy the cause is" the Arkansas Army National Guard sent out an email today reminding folks that they can do the challenge on their time, out of uniform, with no mention of military affiliation...

I know not everyone is doing it for ALS - but that's okay. At least there is an awareness of the disease. I've never witnessed it firsthand, but I've know about it a long time. It's a very sad disease. So, if you can, please help out. Dump ice on yourself, you friend, heck, maybe the dog.. (just kidding) just be involved and donate.

Miley Cyrus did it but not with a bucket of ice & water. She did a rice bucket challenge.

In CA I read they are banning the ice bucket challenge but don't know if that's true or not, or why. Maybe because of heart conditions or the drought or even the accidents happening with electricity.

It's great how it brought about awareness. It took a while to take off & go viral. The guy who started it didn't get a lot of YouTube hits at first so started to involve family & friends & it caught on.

I think some folks figure "waste of water" in Calif, which is suffering this drought. It is not banned, but Angie Harmon of Rizzoli & Isles posted a video, and made sure she was standing over a patch of ground/garden that needed water. LOL, as she had someone throw the water at her chest, not over her head. LOL

I didn't think the ban was true. It seemed weird that an entire state would ban something done for a good cause.

A friend of mine went to Detroit the past couple days for the Eminem/Rihanna Monster Tour & tonight was the last night (the Detroit leg was a 2 nighter concert). At the end of tonights show Eminem (Marshall Mathers) did the challenge onstage. Awesome!

Right! So many of my friends & family have done it. I'm surprised no one did it on the VMAs last night. I've seen people donating to ALS, Make a Wish, Children's Miracle Network, Wounded Warriors & other foundations. It's great that good causes are benefiting from this.

Back