I'd like to talk about Ben's phone tracking app

I'm not sure how advertisers know what you discuss to have their ads pop up.
But somehow they do it. It might be those "cookies" in computers :)

I'm not positive, but I suspect Abby's phone has an Android operating system - I've not noticed any iPhones on the show for a long time. That said, *any* operating system can be bypassed by a dedicated user, or a smart hacker.

Those tracking apps do exist, icons won't necessarily show up on the home screen or any side screens, icons can be hidden from your app drawer (on Android, not sure about the Apple ecosystem though, but I suspect it's possible), and some apps don't even *have* icons.

If any of you have an Android phone, go to your settings and scroll through your app manager for all apps (not downloaded apps, but *all* apps) - you'll see things there that you can't find in your app drawer. Most of them are going to be part of your phone's ecosystem (if you're running on an HTC phone, you'll see quite a few), or part of the Android system, but there will be others that are "helper apps" for other apps you've installed, or will be apps from your service provider.

Verizon loves to install other apps with software updates that you might not notice.

Just a comment about "things we discuss showing up in ad banners". There are things called "spybots" that continually scroll thru every website there is, picking up info. And thus the info is transmitted to Google, Bing, etc. As I type this, there are 12 "robots" present.....or so says the info on the side, along with what members are here. LOL. Thus, the ads.
You go to a dept. store site, Amazon, Walmart, E-bay, Zappos, Overstock, etc. looking for a piece of cookware, jeans, lawn mower, shoes.......and next you will see ads for the item practically anywhere you go, that displays ads. LOL

:back:

It really is a shame Ben let Clyde talk him into putting that thing on her phone, but worse is that he uses it, whether on his own, or at Clyde's urging.
I would tend to feel that while Ben may care a lot about Abby, he really is more interested in showing up Chad, or just getting the best of Chad.

I do detest that app. It is a gross invasion of someone's privacy. I wish Ben would just take the thing off her phone. However, I am not holding my breath. I think at this point, he and Abby are staying in this relationship for the wrong reasons. They should not be getting married.

Last edited by a moderator:
The smart phone apps are a quantum leap beyond the old as the hills snooping methods. Why, I have known people who have actually followed a love interest in order to get a look at the competition. And have heard of people hiring private detectives to do their snooping for them! :rolleyes: Sadly, privacy can no longer be presumed.

On Android, an app that does not come from the app store can not be loaded unless the individual's phone has been set to accept third party app installation.

This stops Trojans from being downloaded without the owners consent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand Ben at all. I mean I heard what he said during his last conversation with Clyde, he believes the baby is not his and thinks the only reason she is marrying him is because she is just trying to cover up what she did. Then why is he marrying her? He clearly does not trust her or her motivation for accepting his proposal in the first place. That is not the basis for a happy marriage.

During today's show, he even gave her a glimpse at what he really thinks, that she's just marrying him to have a father for her child. She still didn't get it. I wasn't watching a whole lot until the last couple of weeks, but she never has come clean about spending that night with Chad, right? She should have picked up that he knew right then and there.

I cannot wait for Abby to find out about that app. Followed by a shot of her taking Ben's phone and smashing it into a million pieces. As she slams the door in his face after having told Ben, she is leaving him.

I like your thinking and I pray to the Soap Gods that this exactly what she does when she finds out about the app. But I'd like for her to smash it upside his head. Very insecure there "Benny Boy"? I love when Chad calls him that. Chad always knows which buttons of his to push and every time Chad provokes Ben he plays right into Chad's hands just like he wants him to.

Back