If you can't say something good...

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
While many of us, myself included, take out our frustrations with the show, the characters, the editing, the chintzy sets, etc, etc, etc, it's been awhile since we had a thread about the things we love about the show, and why we have continued to watch, lo these many years.

In the past, we have had "Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down" threads and "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" threads where negative comments/complaints were balanced one-for-one against the positive ones.

Let's do this one cold turkey and make it a positive only thread. It can be about anything, even the actors, since it won't be bashing. Friendly reminder: We can't comment on the private lives of the actors.

Who's on first?

I really like Jen Lilley (Jeannie Theresa). I think she does a great job of playing Theresa as evil, vulnerable, conniving, hurt, etc. I also think she's one of the the prettiest girls on daytime TV.

And, I adore Ari Zucker (Nicole); she can't do anything wrong in my book.

I love Nicole's haircut (which I know I have already said elsewhere).

I think Casey Moss (JJ) is really a very good actor, look forward to seeing him, even if.....nope, nothing negative is going to be said. LOL

And Anne Milbauer is really a fun character. Her scenes are never dull, whether she is complaining, sucking up, plotting, bragging, or supposedly drunk. Love it.

Jen Lilley as Theresa, Casey Moss as JJ, Nicole, and Anne Milbauer are all good. Other highlights are Victor delivering his one-liners, and the two Laurens -- Lauren Boles as Ciara and Lauren Koslow as Kate. The appearance of Rory also always brightens up even the dullest episodes.

I love Victor and his one liners. I love Nicole, the actress (and the character) are wonderful. I love Lucas. I like Adrienne more and more. And I could get on board with a pairing between Lucas and Adrienne. I love that some of the vets are used more often now (aside Lucas and Adrienne, there is Victor). I love when there's some comic relief (like when Theresa was drunk at Salem U).

I am new to this board and I never thought I would ever see anything positive here.

I think Days has a great cast, especially the vets. I know that Maggie is not a very popular character here and many names are used to make fun of her. I think Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) is a wonderful actress and I have enjoyed her portrayal of Maggie over the years. Even when she is given terrible scripts she tries to deliver. I enjoyed seeing Maggie come into her own after Mickey's death and start a new relationship with Victor. I am hopeful that the new writers will let us see the real Maggie again.

Thanks and good bye.

Oh, the vets are all a class act, in my opinion. They can make lemonade out of the sourest of lemons.
Adrienne just showed us exactly what I mean last week. She was just outstanding. Days is lucky they have the veteran cast members, and that they have stayed with the show, even on recurring.

I just want to say first off that this show has a pretty decently good cast. Most of the actors on the show are pretty good and I do enjoy a lot of them.

Anyways, there are a couple of highlights for me: I really love J.J. and I believe that he is a good person who just happens to be screwed up and Casey Moss (J.J.) does a very good job of portraying his anguish and sorrow. I can relate to him on some level. I also like Lucas and Adrienne, although I kind of have a hard time telling Adrienne and Kayla apart sometimes.

I also love Sonny and I believe he's a good man and very loyal and devoted to his husband. Watching him seethe in pure anger as Will was trying to explain away his actions was pure delight. Freddie Smith (Sonny) is definitely an asset!

I also love Nicole too and I really like how spunky and vivacious she is. I just wish she wasn't stuck between the same guys all of the time.

I also love Marlena a lot and I generally see her as a warm and kind-hearted person, albeit professional. I also like Paul a lot too and even though he's made a horrible mistake with Will, I see him as a very decent and upstanding guy in general, although maybe a bit devious and manipulative at times.

I also think Eric Martsolf (Brady) is a decent actor too and he shares some pretty strong chemistry with Jen Lilley (Theresa). I think the day I actually fell in love with them was when they were talking at the park and Theresa expressed her sorrow and regret at hurting Brady and his dad.

Speaking of which, I can't say enough how much I really love Theresa. I like the way Jen Lilley (Theresa) draws you in with her eyes and she's able to convey pretty much any emotion she might be feeling in the moment. Every time I feel angry at her and she pulls out that sad, puppy dog eyes look, more often than not I tend to feel for her. I just can't bring myself to hate her anymore.

It's funny how she makes you feel so many emotions at once, anger, disgust, pity, compassion, etc. One minute I want to slap her and next minute I want to hug her. She definitely does manage to make the character work and she makes you want Theresa to do better and to root for her. And she's also very interesting to watch on screen so she definitely has that screen presence and charisma. I think she's about as adept in drama as she is in comedy, and she's especially good in comedy as demonstrated in last Friday's episode where Theresa was sloppy drunk. She's a joy to watch.

Certainly in terms of acting, I think Ari Zucker (Nicole), Casey Moss (JJ), Jen Lilley (Theresa), Judi Evans (Adrienne), and John Aniston (Victor) are all absolutely superb.

As far as overall storylines, the return of Stefano and the DiMera Enterprises story is intriguing and I am very interested to see the continuation of the Brady/Theresa baby story. I'm also looking forward to Sonny's return and seeing where things go in that storyline especially as it relates to Paul and his possible paternity story. So, yes there are a few things I am enjoying.

I think Days has a great cast of really talented actors. I give them kudos for what they've had to deal with in terms of storylines and whatever else.

I love Victor's one liners, Rafe as leading man, Marlena, John, Justin, Kayla, Lucas, Hope, Aiden, Stefano. Vets rule in my opinion and I also think they are timeless and appeal to all demographics.

I love that Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) and Kristian Alfonso (Hope) pretty much look exactly the same as they did 25 years ago. Beautiful women.

Lauren Boles (Ciara) is a gem.

I love that the Horton home set is still around and used on a near daily basis.

I like the "escape" that the show brings me each day. I like the snarky moments, particularly involving Victor or Nicole. I like the occasional funny pop cultural references that are inserted into the dialogue. I like all of the actors. I like something about each character. I like that they continue to use Tom and Alice's house. I like that they keep the tradition of the Christmas episode.

I like this thread! It's easy to complain... but often more difficult to point out things you do like. Good job, KathyLu!

I agree with all above posts!

I think Days has the best looking Soap men, and yes even the scruffy Doctor!

Impressed with the acting by the actors who play Nicole, Theresa, JJ, Sonny, Chad and enjoy Rafe, Aiden, Ciara, Victor, Stefano and even creepy Clyde is fitting in his role well!!

I LOVE the Horton Christmas tree and ornaments. I always get sentimental!

I am new to this board and I never thought I would ever see anything positive here.

I think Days has a great cast, especially the vets. I know that Maggie is not a very popular character here and many names are used to make fun of her. I think Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) is a wonderful actress and I have enjoyed her portrayal of Maggie over the years. Even when she is given terrible scripts she tries to deliver. I enjoyed seeing Maggie come into her own after Mickey's death and start a new relationship with Victor. I am hopeful that the new writers will let us see the real Maggie again.

Thanks and good bye.
Kate, I think you'll see more people love Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) here. This isn't Daytime Royalty, where you say you're a fan of Molly Burnett (Melanie) and people look at you like you kill puppies for a living. (Sorry for the analogy, but it's the best I could do on short notice.)

As for my positive comments, even though I don't watch most of the show currently I will ALWAYS respect the show's cast for making something out of nothing on a regular basis. This goes for people like Suzanne, Lauren Koslow (Kate), John Aniston (Victor), Melissa Reeves (Jennifer), Ari Zuker (Nicole) and others. Days has one of the best ensemble casts in all of TV.

Back