If you could vacation anywhere...

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
A lot of people here have been complaining about the cold weather. So I thought of making this thread. If you could take a vacation now, anywhere, regardless of distance of cost, where would it be? Would you embrace the chill and go skiing? Would you go swim on a tropical beach somewhere in the Pacific? Would you go gambling in the desert of Las Vegas? I'm interested to hear your responses!

Oh man, my 4 most favorite places to vacation where I have already been are (in no special order because they're all special to me):

Palm Springs, California (little brother lives here)

San Diego, California (I love Old Town, the naval visitors center, the Pacific Ocean, etc.)

Toronto, Ontario (closer to me than New York City for the theater/theatre - saw Phantom of the Opera there many times)

London and Oxford, England

LilO, have you been to Stratford Upon Avon?? That was a huge disappointment to me. A several hundred year old house next to Shakespeare's home was turned into a Burger King!!!! The river Avon was full of trash, and the people were just down right rude. I could go on, but my blood pressure would go up.

Yes, I've been there. 1981. Sorry to hear about your experience!!!!!!! That is very disappointing. I stayed at a very charming bed and breakfast for a week and attended a few plays. I had a great time. I really can't imagine a Burger King there of all things!!!!

RS, my history teacher last year told me the same thing about the Burger King...how upsetting. I'd also love to visit the UK sometime, for all the history there and it looks beautiful. Here's where I'd choose:
-Honolulu-my birthplace and hometown...no place else like it:love:
-Miami/Ft. Lauderdale-been there briefly. I would love to explore it more, and head down to the Keys:D
-Jamaica-I've ALWAYS wanted to go! It looks gorgeous
-the Maldives-Looks SO pretty! It's a very long flight, but looks like it would be well-worth it
-Alaska-haven't been since I was a baby, and call me crazy, but one day I want to put my foot in the Arctic Ocean to say "I've done the beach in Alaska" and see what people say! LOL

No unfortunately would love to have gone she did one show in Sydney,people lined up from early morning and you don't get tickets you just go there and hopefully see ,there were thousands there waiting by lunch time.

I'd also go back to London. So much more to see. Was to Stratford on Avon. We were touring Anne Hathaway's home, straw thatched roof, straw mattress on the bed, everything sooo old and told vehemently not to use flash cameras, so of course some jerk did. And then, of course the people in charge were very angry. Couple years later, it burned down.
I remember being all alone up in the Tower of London where Anne Bolyn was held until she was beheaded. Totally creepy.

Been to Disney World twice, but really would like to go back, to see the whole enterprise again, they keep adding. Disneyland in California is a lot smaller, but really, has all the same things, especially "It's A Small World", which I truly loved. But in Florida, Disney World is one thing, plus Epcot, MGM, so you really have a lot to experience. Loved it.

I love reading about those kinds of things: Stonehenge, pyramids in Egypt and South America, etc. That wouldn't be a vacation for me, though. I'd want to be hands on working as a archeologist's assistant or something. That would be just fascinating!

If I was rich, I'd just do it all, lol!!!!! Let one thing lead to another and another and another...lol. I'd like to stay for a while at each place so I could really pick up on the local culture/people. That's what I like.

Back