I'm Back After Surgery

backtodays

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have been MIA for the past week. I hemorrhaged at work and had an emergency hysterectomy to remove a large fibroid tumor. Apparently my little friend was the size of a grapefruit and had my stomach the size of someone 4 1/2 months pregnant. And I thought I was just really gaining a lot of weight LOL.

I lost a lot of blood and had to get two blood transfusions (4 pints of blood). Thank God it was not cancer!!! I was scared to death when all of this happened because the tumor had busted out of my cervix and compressed my organs and entered my vaginal wall. The doctors told me they had never seen one do that. My doctor said a normal hysterectomy takes 45 minutes to an hour, but mine took 4 hours because I kept bleeding the whole time and had a ton of scar tissue from my c-section with my son 17 years ago. All of this was so crazy and unexpected. Thankfully my organs appear to be in good working order as well. I had two great surgeons!!

I came home from the hospital on Tuesday and will be at home for the next few weeks. Of course, DAYS is preempted for two weeks...my luck! Anyways, just wanted to say hey since I haven't posted anything in a week or so. I'm catching up on all the posts and still have one more episode to be completely caught up. Going to get some writing done as well on my next novel in progress.

Welcome back, and thank the good Lord it all went well, and you are on the recovery road.

Backtodays, I'm so glad to hear you are doing well after such an ordeal. I hope your recovery continues on an even note. Enjoy your time off as much as you can under the circumstances.

Glad you are back ! Thank God indeed for your recovery. Still, take care of yourself and take your time off to fully recover. Oh, and have fun writing ! :hug:

What an ordeal! Glad you are OK. I just had breast cancer surgery--have to have more tissue removed. Have no idea what treatment I will need yet. The only pain I have is from bruising. Pretty much a stinging sensation. But, I'm doing fine.

I have to have a little more surgery, then I can finally find out what treatment I will need. Sure long and drawn out! Thank God, I'm not in pain.

Wow you ladies are going through the ringer. I'm so glad it's getting better.

I swear this is the most expensive year for us medically ever. We went through our medical spending account last month.I've had a couple boughts with diverticulitis. Still trying to figure out how to eat all the fiber I need to. The last one really sucked. The meds make you nauseated, dizzy, tired, makes your saliva taste rotten and generally feeling like poo. So this time I got a stronger med for nausea which I think is what caused the allergic reaction. I got what started with a couple of hives so I took some benedryl. 6 hours later and another dose of benedryl I was head to toe in hives and my whole trunk section was one big hive. So I called the doc at 8am and told him to get me in now or I have to go to the ER. He gave me a steriod shot and a round of oral steroids.

So I originally went to the dr because of the divirticular issue as well as having them check out a tumor they found on my adrenal gland. Doc says we need to see what I'm overproducing and orders a couple of tests which I ended up having to wait till today to go do because the steroids had to be out of my system for a week first. Get this... One of the tests*****those of you currently with stitches need to put a pillow over them NOW********is a 24 hour urine screening.:eek: Oh this is an absolute joy to do yall.:sarcasm: They give you a big orange bottle to take home and put all your pee pee in. You ask how do you do that? :confused: They give you a little specimen cuppy and tell you to pee in that and pour it in the bottle. Not that bad you say. Wrong. There are few times a day when that cuppie is NOT enough. So picture youself squatting with the SMALL cuppie and having to stop, wait a moment (because you can't loose a drop), pour into the bottle, and repeat till your done.:eek: Good grief that isn't easy. You begin to cross your eyes at this point. But here's the trick for any of you that may ever have to do this.:p When the cuppy is getting full start to stand up and it will help you stop. :eek: Now for the guys don't think you have it easy because the directions say don't urinate directly in bottle as some tests require an acid in the bottle and it could splash up and cause injury.:eek: Oh and here's the worst of it. You have to refrigerate it.:eek: Good grief. So I was very stealthy and actually got through the 24 hours without having to tell the kids what was in the bottom drawer of the fridge. I would check the hallway and do my Mission Impossible walk to the fridge to get the bottle. My son said whats in the fridge? and I told him "something from the doctor". He said ok and proceeded to make his lunch. It's not like I was gonna yell "It's my pee". :D

:rotfl::rotfl:Oh my, that is an interesting situation. Though I could just see my husband, in the same situation, looking at our daughters and saying exactly that "It's my pee," just to see their reactions. Me, I'd probably be a little more tactful "It's a urine sample for the doctor." Either way, their reactions would be hilarious. My 18-yr-old would wig out and move everything she might possibly be planning to eat, to another shelf and then darn near sterilize it before eating. My 10-yr-old would probably think it was funny, because she’s still at the age where bodily functions are funny. Then, she’d remind the 18-yr-old it was in the refrigerator – often and repeatedly, just to watch her freak out about it. :) We warned the older one, years ago, that she needed to quit messing with her sister, that when she got older, she return the favor. Well, our younger daughter has become a master and exploiting her older sister's weaknesses.

Back