Interesting e-mails

The one about an inappropriate actor grosses me out.

What really grates me, as far as the discussion at hand goes, is that NBC doesn't seem to make any effort when it comes to promoting Days and helping it along the way. I really hope the ratings get a boom and Days will be renewed in the upcoming months.

In the beginning some talk shows were good. Some were informative. There used to be some I would tune into if the topic looked good...for example Maury Povich and Jerry Springer in the very beginning had interesting topics now it's all WHO'S the daddy and how many fights can we get started. Now they are horrible. I won't tune in to them now. Sorry if I got too far off topic.

EXACTLY! And have to say, there have been several talk shows, headed up by well known actors/entertainers that have bombed., just not lasted. And yes, overkill on talk shows. Game show attempts are a joke, unless it is Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune.
And then, even in prime time, Dateline, 20/20, 60 Minutes........all are truly boring. Trying to stretch a 15 minute news story into an hour. Or trying to make NEWS out of something not newsworthy. Even Oprah realized it, and "retired" her show, it was past time.

Except for Days and local news, I don't ever watch any of the network shows. But this morning my husband's tv was on and I happened to look in that direction (I don't hear it because he hears it through his hearing aids, and I hear mine with headphones), and I saw an ad for Days of Our Lives. I was surprised, as I didn't know they advertised it at all.

I like 60 Minutes sometimes. I like when they have a story that interests me, but it's very rare that the entire hour is full of interesting stories. I much prefer documentaries.

I will admit that sometimes I watch Maury or Jerry Springer just to laugh at the silly names (Chiquanna, Shanautica, Pancake---yes, there are ACTUAL names for some women on the show!!) and stories.

That promo was on regular TV last week, too. It showed Marlena and Kristen struggling and Kristen going out the widow. The voice-over said something about it being an epic battle and to tune in to see what else is coming up.

Well... Hmmm... We would all be incredibly sad if Days were canceled, but where would we go from there?

With this fan base, I could only imagine a scenario where we all started collaborating to continue the story with our favorite characters. "Rolling our own" Days, if you will. We have several dozen talented members here who just love writing "what if" scenes, so it'd be interesting to take the known history of the show, the "now" and work together to come up with a "next time on..."

Wayne

Except for Days and local news, I don't ever watch any of the network shows. But this morning my husband's tv was on and I happened to look in that direction (I don't hear it because he hears it through his hearing aids, and I hear mine with headphones), and I saw an ad for Days of Our Lives. I was surprised, as I didn't know they advertised it at all.
They do promos for Days, but run the same one even after it has happened. Saw a new one today of Sonny telling Will goodbye. Before that, it was Abby has a secret, but Ben has one, too. Oh, there is also one of Aiden with a bloody face.

Last edited by a moderator:
That promo was on regular TV last week, too. It showed Marlena and Kristen struggling and Kristen going out the widow. The voice-over said something about it being an epic battle and to tune in to see what else is coming up.

I thought that was a very odd choice of scenes for a promo, unless they ar insinuating Kristen is returning in the Fall. I wouldn't doubt it.

I too hope the show gets picked up again. They certainly seem to be putting their PR team and hiring decisions behind the show. Hopefully Corday puts his money where his mouth is. Maybe these emails are what sparked him to make these changes.

Back