Is Chloe doing the right thing?

Should Chloe tell Nicole the truth, in spite of her feelings about Deimos?

• Yes

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
I've been thinking about the way Chloe is handling things with Nicole's daughter, and thought we could use a thread/poll on it.

This is from another thread, and I agree with TobyJ that this whole plot is bull.
Instead of going through all this bull, Chloe should have told Nicole that Holly is her and Daniel's baby but given her an ultimatum, either Holly or Deimos.

While I agree that Chloe should have been honest with Nicole from the beginning, I, frankly, don't think Chloe has any right to give Nicole an ultimatum about anything. She took it upon herself to try the insemination again, then kept it from Nicole because of her involvement with Deimos. Chloe should know Nicole well enough to know that Nicole would die rather than let anyone harm her child in any way. Just look at the lengths she went to for Sydney, who isn't even her daughter.

I think Chloe kept the truth from Nicole because the writers hadn't thought far enough ahead as to how they were going to handle the actress' real-life pregnancy, and this is the result. I could see Chloe's keeping it from Nicole until she actually became pregnant, but any longer is downright cruel. Nicole should have been there for the exams, the ultrasound, etc. She should have been able to hold that little girl as soon as she was born (which she did) and know she was holding her own daughter.

Nicole is missing time with her daughter that she can never get back. Once she finds out the truth, I hope she ejects Chloe from her life, once and for all. Nicole has more than paid for what she did to Chloe all those years ago.

Should Chloe tell Nicole the truth, in spite of her feelings about Deimos?

Chloe did not tell Nicole initially, that she was trying again, as she thought it could be another failure, and did not want to get Nicole's hopes up. When Deimos got insistent, with court orders and such, for paternity tests, not even believing the first one, the warning bells went off for Chloe. Nicole HAS been turning a blind eye and making excuses for Deimos's behavior. He has been good at hiding his "business" side from her, and making excuses for anything that was not "nice".

Whether the conversation she heard was business or not, the fact remains he lost his temper big time, and very easily.

But, Chloe did this for Nicole, who helped her big time, who delivered her baby, was there for her when she needed her. Chloe's name is on the birth certificate as the mother, I have no idea if "unknown" is the father on it.....but...

Yes, Chloe should tell Nicole......but preface it. Tell her what she did, that Nicole will have her daughter, as long as Deimos is not a part of that child's life. But Chloe does need to tell her, absolutely, that Holly is her bio child.

Chloe did not tell Nicole initially, that she was trying again, as she thought it could be another failure, and did not want to get Nicole's hopes up.

I know why Chloe didn't tell Nicole she was trying the insemination again, and I agree with that, but I still think Chloe has no right to put conditions on her turning Holly over to her mother. Yes, I know the history, and why Chloe is doing what she is doing, but she needs to trust that Nicole will do the right thing by her daughter. Chloe can't dangle the baby in front of Nicole for the rest of her life. It's a shame that Nicole doesn't have her baby, now.

The real reason Chloe is ticked at Deimos stems from him making plans to be with her and then changing them when he found out that Kate was framing Nicole for his "murder" and realizing that he really was in love with Nicole and chose her instead. The other stuff is just the poo icing on the crap cake.

And what do you want to bet she comes up with a way to get Brady to keep quiet about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was Nicole I would be so mad at Chloe for keeping this from her. I haven't watched today's show yet, so I don't know if Nicole knows yet. But I'm really hoping that she does It's not up to Chloe to decide what's best for Holly. It's not her kid. I am not liking Chloe right now at all.

I agree with you, Heartdays*. However, Chloe is Holly's legal mother and, if she wants to give Nicole a run for her money, it could be a long legal battle. If that happens, I think both Deimos and Brady will step in and do whatever it takes to see that Nicole gets her. Chloe did a wonderfully, unselfish thing for Nicole, but that doesn't give her the right to play God.

I think that Chloe really does want to protect Holly from being raised in an environment with a dangerous and potentially abusive, controlling person. Whether or not it is her right, I don't know. I certainly would like to see Nicole with her child. I don't want to see Nicole to have to escape with her child in order to protect her. I've been there and it isn't nice.

Chloe should tell her, it's not her baby and not her place to decide who is in her life. (Even though I accidentally voted wrong based on the title of this thread I hit no fast and then read the actual poll question)

This entire storyline is dumb though as no surrogate could ever transfer an embryo without the embryo owners knowing.

susala, I agree that Chloe has Holly's best interests at heart; however, that is not Chloe's call. As I said, she is Holly's legal mother but that can be remedied.

Reactions: jgk
Supposedly there was an agreement/contract signed that said Chloe could try again, without permission from Nicole/Daniel. And that is why Chloe did it. As she said, Nicole was so unhappy, so Chloe decided to try, not telling Nicole so her hopes would not be up, only to have them maybe dashed again. And as it turned out, Chloe was told AGAIN that it did not take. When she turned up pregnant, she gave no thought to the in vitro......but then, when testing proved Deimos was not the father...she figured out what happened.

and would have told Nicole, only Deimos kept being a jerk and a problem.

Chloe is Holly's legal mother
We don't know that. In some states the surrogate is the legal mother, who has to relinquish her parental rights and the bio parents have to legally adopt the child. In other states, the bio parents are the legal parents and the surrogate has no rights. We don't know which side the magical land of Salem falls on (yet).

Oh, heck....Salem has it's own rules, whatever conveniently fits the plot.

After all, none of it's citizens have peripheral vision, do they? They sit in a small restaurant (Pub), at a table facing the door, and never notice the Salemite who comes in, listening to the conversation. Nor do they notice anyone sitting at the very next table, and it is someone they know, Same for the bar. How do they ever get a driver's license. LOL

I have a feeling that Chloe will be very reluctant to let Holly go, perhaps they will have to go to Court. Salem is the place, though, where usually, the baby would be handed to Nicole, end of story. And off screen, the last name gets corrected, along with paternity on the birth certificate.

Back