Issues with Claire rewrite

SarahBeth

Reaction score
One thing that is missing with rewriting Claire as the original firestarter is if Claire followed Ciara's GPS to the cabin, just how did she get there? She had to have driven as it was too far to walk. Where did she park? If she went there with the thought of being the hero that saves Ciara, then I think she would have parked just out of eye-shot from the cabin, yet in a place that would be seen by someone driving up to the cabin.

Even if she thought that Ciara may have been taken (which there was no reason to suspect that other than Hope's paranoia) and didn't park real close, I think that her car would have been seen by Hope or Rafe. The way the cabin has been described as remote, it seems to me that there would be one road leading to it. Claire isn't so smart she would try and park very hidden.

I don't think tptb needed to make Claire the original firestarter in order to write her cracking over Tripp's bs with Haley. He's a *bleep*. He knew darn well that Claire was super insecure and that she couldn't handle his bs with Haley. He was looking for a way out. He should have just told her he jumped into the relationship way too fast and realizes he doesn't have deep feelings for her after all.

But this stringing her along garbage hurt her worse than that would have. What he asked of Claire was out of the question and he knew it. What he did was cruel. I hope he gets in legal trouble over Haley because he deserves it for the way he treated Claire.

And Haley is a wench. She acts like the world is against her and she is nothing but innocent. Immigration issues aside, she became the relationship wrecker, albeit a doomed relationship, but still. There's no way Haley actually believed that any woman would be ok with her entering into a legal marriage with said woman's boyfriend even if it were a ruse. All her blabbering thank yous to Claire were sheer bs. If she were that desperate, she would have accepted JJ's proposal, married him and dealt with it.

Now I can buy this being the straw that breaks Claire. I don't buy her being the original firestarter. I could buy it if they had wrote her as the firestarter from the day it happened and how she has tried to forget about it but can't and now is going to crack even harder.

I know we don't see the cars our Salemites supposedly drive, nor the limos, but they do mention something every once in a while.....i.e. I parked my car out back, my car is right out front, let me get the car; will have the chauffeur drive you home, come back for me.
Those females on Days, who wear nothing but idiotic spike heels at all times, could not get very far on foot

Okay..... so I will confess to not watching the show 100% when I'm home or when I watch via the DVR I might also be playing solitaire, dusting, making dinner or reading the newspaper while the show plays.....

So that confession over.... if Claire was able to find Ciara via her phone's GPS system then WHY IN THE BLAZES couldn't Salem PD or her highly protective mother use that same feature?????:huh::huh:

Claire had claimed her phone was connected to Ciara's phone app.

I don't know, I thought Hope & Rafe found the crashed motor bike, then smelled smoke which led them to the cabin. However, this story and characters' comments have changed at times......?????

The whole marriage thing with Tripp and Haley was irritating to me. It was unreasonable of Tripp to put Claire in the position he did, and it made no sense that Haley refused to marry JJ but instead, married someone else's boyfriend. Still, I can't feel any sympathy for Claire, ever. She has the same character flaw that Sami always had. I don't think she is able to feel any remorse for anything she does or empathy for anyone else. Once she gets caught at something, she'll say she knows she did wrong but it never seems sincere and she turns right around and does the same thing again--or worse. She is so completely self-absorbed, she can't relate to others or to situations the way normal people or do.

I am thinking the writers did not know who they were going to make start the fire, and as the storyline progressed they had to come to a rush decision and make Claire be the culprit. This is probably the most poorly thought out story-line I have seen. So many holes and things that just don't add up.

Back