John & Marlena Speculation

@Pallison........:rotfl: good one.....And then he :wink:

Not bitter just damn mad that this show has so gone down the tubes and that they feel the need to get rid of two wonderful actors who have brought so much joy into peoples lives. I guess I am just one of those people who tells it like it is and that offends other. When I see someone wronged I go after whoever did it and "that's a fact"!!

:OT: I guess I just can't help but ask why you even continue watching the show...
If I despised something as much as you seem to despise watching days I wouldn't do it. Unfortunatly things change...it's called life.

Then again, I don't get as attached to fictional characters as much as some others do....

Wait, wait...I've got the perfect ending....Marlena accepts John as he is, especially knowing he is developing some feelings and is trying really hard, they agree to take off together to get to know each other better and find their way and after they say goodbye to everybody they turn to go out the door to leave, close up of John looking back, and HE RAISES THAT EYEBROW...!!!!

:rotfl: Been along time since the raised eyebrow!!!

:OT: I guess I just can't help but ask why you even continue watching the show...
If I despised something as much as you seem to despise watching days I wouldn't do it. Unfortunatly things change...it's called life.

Then again, I don't get as attached to fictional characters as much as some others do....

I only watch it for J&M and after Jan that will be over.

AS for for being attached I enjoy them and their story. When they are gone I will be sad but yes that is the sad part of life. I of all people understand change after loosing my Dad, 2 cats and job and home in 7 months time, so I understand change. What upsets me is that it didn't have to be this way and TIIC are to blame for this.

Many people love these characters there are more youtube sites and montages of J&M than any other characters that I know of and It is tribute a to the joy and the entertainment they have brought to their loyal fan base

I am just a passionate and extremely loyal person when I like something and nothing will ever change that.

Wait, wait...I've got the perfect ending....Marlena accepts John as he is, especially knowing he is developing some feelings and is trying really hard, they agree to take off together to get to know each other better and find their way and after they say goodbye to everybody they turn to go out the door to leave, close up of John looking back, and HE RAISES THAT EYEBROW...!!!!

I love that ending PAllison. That would be great.

Heck I alsmost never watch, I just watch the show on youtube...and only J&M scenes. Of course things change...but there's good change and bad change. Good change is something like...a love triangle by throwing someone new into the mix...bad change is when you get rid of the love altogether. I love these two particular fictional characters, but I admire the actors even more. If you get right down to it, I'm not a loyal DOOL fan, I'm a loyal J&M fan. No offense. :)

Heck I alsmost never watch, I just watch the show on youtube...and only J&M scenes. Of course things change...but there's good change and bad change. Good change is something like...a love triangle by throwing someone new into the mix...bad change is when you get rid of the love altogether. I love these two particular fictional characters, but I admire the actors even more. If you get right down to it, I'm not a loyal DOOL fan, I'm a loyal J&M fan. No offense. :)

Yep you are so right on!!!

I get that...I really do. But unfortunatly it is Days of Our Lives...not the John & Marlena show.

I watch DOOL for everyone but the newbie brats but will have to admit that no other couple can hold a candle to John and Marlena.

I do kinda like your ending PAllison, especially the eyebrow part but I think it needs a little more romance. I would settle for NuJohn trying really hard with candles, strawberries, champagne and perhaps Marlena coaching him a bit on a couple of her preferences and him responding "good to know."

Romantic pillars that have been reduced to support posts trying to hold up a rickety roof in dire need of repair. Get out the tar and buckets.

Days is not the John & Marlena show, it is an ensemble show, and there are a lot more support pillars than just these two characters. Days has managed to stay on the air without Marlena for 5 years, when she CHOSE to leave, and kept their viewing audience, even attracting new viewers.
Actors/characters we love have come and gone, and come back again over the years. And instead of trying to paint Days of Our Lives as this barn about to fall down because 2 people are leaving, we should be happy it is still there, strong, and safe haven for others.

Days is not the John & Marlena show, it is an ensemble show, and there are a lot more support pillars than just these two characters. Days has managed to stay on the air without Marlena for 5 years, when she CHOSE to leave, and kept their viewing audience, even attracting new viewers.
Actors/characters we love have come and gone, and come back again over the years. And instead of trying to paint Days of Our Lives as this barn about to fall down because 2 people are leaving, we should be happy it is still there, strong, and safe haven for others.

:clap: Thank you!

"Days is not the J&M show"...ya I think I covered that already. Notice I did not say THEE two pillars. As for Marlena being gone for 5 years...the writing for other SLs was better then than it is now. Everyone else can be happy that the show is there...that's fine, I'm happy for those people.

You are right on NH!! I expect by spring the barn will come crashing down. Sad way for it to end.:(

Once again...this is not the John & Marlena show. I find it very hard to believe that the show will come crashing down because of them leaving. Not everyone is watching the show just for them!!! As I have said before...if that is all people are watching for then they are not "true" DOOL fans.

Not to be obnoxious...but I started the thread as speculation on how John & Marlena will leave, not the ups and downs (and to me it's all down) of their leaving.

I'll go back to my original theory - and think of the irony....10 years ago, EJ was the baby that Kristen tried to pretend was really John's son after she lost the baby. Now, Nicole will be doing the same thing to EJ. Doesn't that seem insane? Could it be this event that gets John to remembering? If not that, what?

I feel confident that if J&M are going off into the sunset happily, then he'll be remembering who he is, and we'll get at least one more "That's a Fact". I just hope that we get at least a few days of a happy reunion, and not John remembers...we're outta here.

Not to be obnoxious...but I started the thread as speculation on how John & Marlena will leave, not the ups and downs (and to me it's all down) of their leaving.

I'll go back to my original theory - and think of the irony....10 years ago, EJ was the baby that Kristen tried to pretend was really John's son after she lost the baby. Now, Nicole will be doing the same thing to EJ. Doesn't that seem insane? Could it be this event that gets John to remembering? If not that, what?

I feel confident that if J&M are going off into the sunset happily, then he'll be remembering who he is, and we'll get at least one more "That's a Fact". I just hope that we get at least a few days of a happy reunion, and not John remembers...we're outta here.

Obnoxious??? Far from it. You definitely are not being so. I tried to get the thread back on track, but it keeps getting kidnapped, as have other threads as well.:(

No one really knows if Nicole is actually going to try and pull off the exact same stunt that Kristen did, but what if John discovers her with a "pillow", and it triggers a glimmer. Seems familiar, per se. Remember how that ONE time, when John saw the name Roman Brady on a door, it triggered something briefly?

I don't think John has enough emotional investment in EJ to care and we are at the mercy of the writers so your guess is as good as mine. I would like for them to go out with a romantic bang but will not hold my breath. I'm pretty sure fireworks are not in the budget.

Back