Life without Food

How I pray Little Bradley is starting to feel better, and that head way is being made. He remains on my Major Prayer List as well as you Days Lady. I believe all of us need all the help we can muster, and He has promised to be there for us if we but ask, and we shall receive...God loves you Lady, and Bradley has got to be one of His very Special Persons.... Hang in there Lady.

I have absolutely wonderful news! YOUR PRAYERS ARE WORKING! Just before I posted here asking for more prayers, Bradley had started to feel bad again- they had stopped some foods and limited him to basically only formula for a bit to help him... then after I posted asking for prayers, Brandi got a call that the doctors would like to do Bradley's endoscopy and colonoscopy the next day since they had an opening (he was scheduled in December- but they bumped him up randomly. )
The results returned. I'm in tears typing this- only God could have done this. This is only explained by God's healing hands and the power of prayer.

This from my sister in law Brandi:

"Thank you to all prayer warriors as we continue our journey with Bradley. He went in to his scopes last week feeling very doubtful that we would get good news. I got the call today and had to have the nurse repeat the results because I thought I heard wrong. ZERO yes ZERO eosinophils were found in his colon and esophagus. Eosinophils are white blood cells linked to allergy and should not be present at all in the esophagus or colon. They can cause damage to these areas. This is proof that the feeding tube, specialized formula, and limited foods is working. I was so excited I cried and told her multiple times this was the best news. God is so awesome, so great, so powerful. It will continue to be a long, slow journey especially since we will be entering the category of foods we know he has shown allergic to in the past. But we are so blessed and so thankful for everything."

They are going to let Bradley start trying the foods he was once allergic too because the cells causing him pain are GONE! Keep praying they stay gone, pray for him to be brave and for him to try these foods again. The feeding tube is working- but he still has a long way to go.

baby in prayer.jpgOh Lord Please.jpg

This is wonderful NEWS Days Lady... Bradley will feel so much better now that the nasty and unwanted cells found in the esophagus and colon, are now down to zero... This is really the greatest of news. We love to hear how all the Babes in Christ's hands are doing, and to know that there is nothing that can shake Him loose from the ones who need Him the most... His Babes.... I am so happy for you.

OK prayer warriors... update on Bradley:

introductions to foods did not go well. He ate black eyed peas and plain white rice (these were recommended by the doc to start out with)... He was so happy to finally get to sit at the dinner table with the rest of the family and eat something just like we do.

However, he reacted poorly. He was struggling just to breathe only 30 minutes after dinner. He is ok now, and doctor's are trying to figure out what to try next.
Please keep praying for my sweet nephew Bradley. My heart just hurts for him. Oh, the things we take for granted! Just to be able to put something in your mouth and chew it and swallow it is a blessing.
Never take one single bite for granted!

My heart aches that this was not the secret key to the success of Bradley's eating problems, but how fortunate we are that God selected this time in history to place all of us here to live and learn from each other, and that certain things were in place so Bradley could at least start again, after a short respite time.

They will keep trying sweetie, and sooner rather than later, they will find just the correct combination, and then our little Bradley will glow, and grow, and just be like he wants to be..... like the rest of the children. Even though the heart aches for actuality, the rest of me is praying for the future success of this endeavor, and I am convinced that the rest of this story will be SUCCESS
baby in prayer.jpg .

Drats a setback. I'm sure that there will be a combination that will work and Bradley will be able to have a teeny amount of food with the family at the table. Continued thoughts and prayers to the family and for the medical staff working with everyone to find something workable.

good news is he can breathe ok now and is back at school. bad news is they are waiting before allowing him to eat by mouth again (just formula through feeding tube for right now). Just because all of that last week was so emotional and hard for him, he's so depressed sometimes. It's hard seeing an 8 year old in pain. Bradley says "Someday I get to go to heaven and I won't hurt and NOBODY has to eat because everyone is always full!" :) Bless him.

He is right and I do wish him well- but I really hope I beat him to heaven. I hope he lives to be 100 years old! And I hope he quits talking like that. :( His mommy does a good job of looking all strong and positive- but I'm sure, that as much as it hurts me to hear him talk like that- it has to be devastating to her.

Please pray for my sister in law- she's quite an amazing lady and I love her.

Oh sweetheart...that is wonderful news. I knew that the one thing we have to have is patience, and the dieticians have to know the different combinations of foods, and what they do in combination with other foods.

No two are the same, and when it comes to what that little fella can handle, and that will nourish him to the degree that the Doctors want him to be, will take a lot of trial and if there is a set back, handle it, and try another. I know from my past honey, there is any number of combinations of ingredients, and chemical components, that will do their part to make a strong Bradley.

I am just beside myself that at least he can be a "little boy" and enjoy a few of the things he has been denied for so many years. Even one or two years to us, does not seem like a long time, but to a little fella, who only had the dream of being like the other boys all that time, is an eternity.

God loves him sweetheart, and will assist the powers that be to come up with the correct combination... We love him too.

rose.jpg

Wow....I just read this whole story and my heart hurts for your family. I pray God opens door for Bradley and that he finds joy in life. I pray he finds strength, God's strength, to deal with the differences in his life surrounding food. Thank you for sharing Bradley with us. God be with you all.

Here is a wonderful blog post my sister in law wrote (a local blog group asked her to write some blogs for them, sharing her and my nephew Bradley's story)
http://columbiasc.citymomsblog.com/taking-away-food-the-decision-to-tube-feed-my-child/

This past weekend, Bradley's church had an Easter Egg hunt, and without being asked- ALL of the children gathered around and traded out their non candy eggs for Bradley's candy eggs, so that he had a basket full of eggs with toys rather than eggs with candy that he can't have.

It was the sweetest thing and I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it. Bradley has so longed to be like the other children... but he is finding out that he is loved just the way he is. And he may not eat like them- but he can love like them.

God is love. God is love.

Back