Monday, February 11th

Well do we have another case of oops, the ashes didn't belong to [fill in name of character here]? Also, did anyone notice that Colleen had no priest to give her the last rites? A room full of good (and not-so-good) Catholics and NO PRIEST, when Colleen knew for a long time she was near death and she's in Ireland for Pete's sake? Surely the family would have wanted to be comforted by a priest? And cremation is indeed not Irish or Catholic tradition I believe! Also did anyone else notice that Colleen said "You have to sow what you reap?" It's the other way around! LOL Shirley Jones either made a boo-boo, or the writers made her say it? Can't imagine that! Or was it a little tribute to us fans who catch such things!?!?!? LOL
[By the way, I thought Bo kind of checked to be sure Colleen was dead before he covered her. He's a cop and probably could tell.]

Yes, Bo did check........

Thanks Poirot - any other comments? Could it have been that Colleen knew she was dying for so long that she already had a priest there ..

If all of John's memories are gone, how did he know he had a vision of Colleen and Santo?
(I know I'm probably the only one, but I didn't care for that scene, sorry.)

Maybe Colleen didn't feel worthy of a priest because of her "time" with Santo?

Lucas tries to kill someone and he's in minimum security??

Thanks for the writeup Poirot, I did not get to see much of the show today. They all seem to be going back together on Johns plane. It was so sad with Sami and Lucas saying goodbye.

Catholic church does allow cremation now. I do not know about scattering of ashes.
Colleen could have had last rites any time, even before the Salemites arrived. That is not reserved just for the last few minutes of one's life. My sister had it several days before she died.

yes, everyone is returning on John's plane. Earlier this week, Victor told Philip he needed the plane back for Decker, something he evidently had promised him. Phil said it was o.k. he would hitch a ride on John's plane, or else go commercial.

Aha.....well, let's see. John has been made aware that Sami resembles Colleen. So even tho his old memories were extracted, his new ones are in place. I suppose that if he thought he saw Colleen, it would be natural for him to figure the man with her would be Santo.

I am really loving the new John these days. Oh I hope he doesn't go back to brow John soon.

I love the way he is too. Wouldn't it be great if this new John takes over for Stefano as the head of the Dimera clan.

Thanks for the preview, Poirot.

I love this John, too. Drake is doing an excellent job of creating a totally different character. Cool. Also, I enjoy how Marlena is standing back watching this man and sorting out the way he is. I wonder if she doesn't sort of like him, too. LOL.

Of course, Colleen is dead. She is played by an academy award winning actress who took the six episode job at a huge amount of money. There is no way she is coming back. There are new stories ready to pick up from here as you can see, finding Brady and who is Ava (the mysterious woman who has Steve on edge). Then of course going on with Bo's illness, EJ and Sami working out their lives, etc.

ok, here's a thought...i'm still behind - several months worth saved up on my dvr (i'm watching august right now) but i'm trying to keep up with certain aspects of the show but may have missed things along the way...

A couple of you have asked what happened to Santos. Here's something to think about...Andre and his parent!!! Thus far I have not heard mention of another DiMera child (Stefano's sibling). So does this mean that Santos went back to his wife and had another child who eventually gave birth to Andre? That I know of, we still do not know who Andre's parent is. So this would go on with the line of how Andre came into existence and sorta what happened to Santos.

Or here's a real stretch - but we all know how Days could care less about true time lines...is Andre's father John? That would make Andre Stefano's nephew - since Stefano and John are brothers, and it could be revealed that Stefano knew all along and that's why he took in Andre. Age wise it doesn't fit...but this is Days...

I don't know..just some food for thoughts...we know how Days likes to twist stories. Both storylines could work...

Andre is the son of Stefano's brother. After Andre was orphaned, Stefano went looking for him, finding him living on the streets and took him in. This was all established years ago in conversations between Andre and Stefano.

see, i'm not the only one!

Well do we have another case of oops, the ashes didn't belong to [fill in name of character here]? Also, did anyone notice that Colleen had no priest to give her the last rites? A room full of good (and not-so-good) Catholics and NO PRIEST, when Colleen knew for a long time she was near death and she's in Ireland for Pete's sake? Surely the family would have wanted to be comforted by a priest? And cremation is indeed not Irish or Catholic tradition I believe! Also did anyone else notice that Colleen said "You have to sow what you reap?" It's the other way around! LOL Shirley Jones either made a boo-boo, or the writers made her say it? Can't imagine that! Or was it a little tribute to us fans who catch such things!?!?!? LOL
[By the way, I thought Bo kind of checked to be sure Colleen was dead before he covered her. He's a cop and probably could tell.]

i said most of this earlier, and i believe it to be true!
did anyone else ALSO notice colleens eyes opened as whoever covered her...but at the time i didnt think anything of it until marlena said, i wonder why colleen wanted to be cremated when its not the traditional irish way? hmmmmmmmm.....and NOBODY checked her to see if she was dead, for all they know, she could have just passed out! but i believe there is way more to this story and she had this planned....if she was alive, i believe as well santo and even his wife could be alive too! AND, who took her body away anyways??? lol....where was rob and crystal??? the people who worked for her!!! hmmmmmmmmmm....and off topic but i also believe crystal is proly gonna be related to celeste...being psychic and all...UNLESS that was just a hoax

Yes, Bo did check........

I watched that scene very close this morning when I was watching this episode and Bo did not check to make sure she was dead...no one did. All Bo did was fold her arms across her body and pull the sheet over her head. Of course it's possible that it was done off camera, but why??? I think that's something they should have shown if they don't want us to speculate. I'm starting to agree that she could be faking everyone out here. :duh:

I don't remember anyone checking if she was really dead. They would have had to have her pronouced dead. They would have had to call the police before they could have the body. Being days maybe the plan is for Colleen to have faked her death again only to come back at Shawn's funeral and really die in Salem. Just a guess but then Colleen could meet the rest of her family before she dies.

Bo's illness

I am glad that Bo is going to be getting some attention of his own. I am beginning to think that maybe Kayla's baby is going to save Bo's life from whatever illness he has.:)

Colleen's "death"

i said most of this earlier, and i believe it to be true!
did anyone else ALSO notice colleens eyes opened as whoever covered her...but at the time i didnt think anything of it until marlena said, i wonder why colleen wanted to be cremated when its not the traditional irish way? hmmmmmmmm.....and NOBODY checked her to see if she was dead, for all they know, she could have just passed out! but i believe there is way more to this story and she had this planned....if she was alive, i believe as well santo and even his wife could be alive too! AND, who took her body away anyways??? lol....where was rob and crystal??? the people who worked for her!!! hmmmmmmmmmm....and off topic but i also believe crystal is proly gonna be related to celeste...being psychic and all...UNLESS that was just a hoax

Yeah and it sure seemed like she was getting along quite well for a person so near death. Her mind was sharp and she did seem a little tired but not near death. :confused:

There are two things I want to mention. Are we ever going to find out what happened to Brady, and if they are going to be bringing him back. I guess if they find out what happened to him, it would probably be presumed that he died. How did Stefano make John alive again. I think someone had mentioned this, maybe they used Brady's organs to make John alive again and carry out the mission. Who knows? Are we ever going to find out?

The second thing. Who is Crystal? Is she another daughter of Celestes? Who knows? Are we ever going to find out or are they going to keep us in the dark and forget about it. :duh:

I watched that scene very close this morning when I was watching this episode and Bo did not check to make sure she was dead...no one did. All Bo did was fold her arms across her body and pull the sheet over her head. Of course it's possible that it was done off camera, but why??? I think that's something they should have shown if they don't want us to speculate. I'm starting to agree that she could be faking everyone out here. :duh:

That's the way I saw it and wondered why no one checked. I think she will be back somewhere down the line.

That's the way I saw it and wondered why no one checked. I think she will be back somewhere down the line.

yes i still have it taped and we are correct, no one checked....all john did was place his hand on her cheek.....of course we are all gonna speculate when they do things like this!

This episode will be a good one. Cant wait to see it. I just have not figured out what is wrong with Bo and could Hope have the same thing. Or could she be pregnat? I just dont know. The story line is really getting good now and I do hope that it does bring the ratings up. By the way, Thanks for doing the Days Ahead for us. Cant wait to read it every morning. Keep up the good work.
I wonder if they are going to go the stem cell route with Bo if Hope is preg...

ok, here's a thought...

A couple of you have asked what happened to Santos. Here's something to think about...Andre and his parent!!! Thus far I have not heard mention of another DiMera child (Stefano's sibling). So does this mean that Santos went back to his wife and had another child who eventually gave birth to Andre? That I know of, we still do not know who Andre's parent is. So this would go on with the line of how Andre came into existence and sorta what happened to Santos.

Stefano has always been known as the seventh son of a seventh son which means he had several siblings. Andre's parent was never revealed that I can remember.

I thnk Colleen faked her own death.

her death was just too close to her entrance.

I think she got something else up her sleeves...
this was a nice story... and all.but I jsut got a feeling that there is more to her..than just this.

Shirley Jones was hired to appear for six episodes and six only. This was to get higher ratings during sweeps week in early February. The idea the producers would be willing to pay the extremely high salary to have her come back is very slim. After all, what would be her reason for faking her death again? She never had to reveal herself to anyone in the first place and they would have all continued to believe she was already dead. So her faking her death once again is pretty far fetched.

has anyone actually heard of what happened to Santos? I don't remember hearing how or if he died! I wonder if he could still be alive after all Colleen was? Someone else out there is pulling strings on this event and I wonder who.

Yes he died and I doubt after all these years of Stefano getting the revenge that Santo told him to get that he would suddenly be alive. Santo was some years older than Coleen so therefore he must have died sometime back.

If all of John's memories are gone, how did he know he had a vision of Colleen and Santo?
(I know I'm probably the only one, but I didn't care for that scene, sorry.)

Maybe Colleen didn't feel worthy of a priest because of her "time" with Santo?

Lucas tries to kill someone and he's in minimum security??

He knew he had a vision because it is supposedly their ghosts he saw. No memory needed if they were real spirits.

Back