Monday, February 4th

hey, I can't give you the exact name for HIPAA, but it is for Health Information Privacy Act, I'm not sure what the other P is for, but it basically is saying that no one cannot give out any personal information to anyone unless you say they can.

Even before HIPAA, it was verboten for any healthcare worker to disclose any patient info to anyone without the patient's express permission. HIPAA just outlined penalties and required healthcare provider employees to attend classes on what constitutes a breach and what that could cost their employer etc. It also made it clear that strict confidentiality applies to insurance companies etc. and required written agreements be signed by patients to allow healthcare providers and such other entities in the healthcare system to share their medical info while processing their claims etc. as well as outlined for the patient what recourse he/she has if a breach occurs. So there ya go!

And if she is his mother, then Belle Black Brady is another DiMera married to a Brady and Claire is a DiMera heir;

Aye, yi, yi - can we PLEASE clear this up - if the egg switch post on here is correct - then Claire is NOT Shawn and Belle's child - she's Philip and Mimi's. Right or wrong???

Poirot - help me out here!?

Claire belongs to Belle & Shawn. She was born long before the egg switch occurred.

Aye, yi, yi - can we PLEASE clear this up - if the egg switch post on here is correct - then Claire is NOT Shawn and Belle's child - she's Philip and Mimi's. Right or wrong???

Poirot - help me out here!?

Claire was not a result of the egg switch storyline - she was born way before that happened. She was conceived when Belle and Shawn slept together in a barn (without either of them remembering it), which I believe happened just before Belle and Philip got married. When Claire was sick and needed a liver transplant, it was Claire's, Philip's and Shawn's blood work coupled with the fact that Zack's liver was a match for Claire that led to the conclusion that Shawn's her father.

I know there's been a lot of speculation, but have we had a reliable spoiler (other than Martha Madison's/Belle interview oops) saying that Santo is definitely John's father? Colleen has already mentioned that she never married, but that doesn't necessarily mean she didn't try to have another relationship and gave birth to John as a result. John being a DiMera seems the most logical explanation for what's been happening, but still...

I know there's been a lot of speculation, but have we had a reliable spoiler (other than MM's interview oops) saying that Santo is definitely John's father? Colleen has already mentioned that she never married, but that doesn't necessarily mean she didn't try to have another relationship and gave birth to John as a result. John being a DiMera seems the most logical explanation for what's been happening, but still...

Yes, there is an interview with Drake Hogestyn posted on this site and he says that Colleen is his mother and Santo is his father. It was from SOW or SOD I think.

"Kassie............
I am sick sick sick to my stomach to think that Kayla is actually pregnant. that is one storyline i wouldn't mind if they just forgot about. "

Why does this make you sick?

Lytninstrikes--- Why do you think John kills her? I was under the impression she dies of "natural causes".

Lexie, Lexie, Lexie..................

Also, if Lexie has told Kayla/Steve about Bo's illness, has she violated HIPAA here? Or is that ok because Kayla is also a doctor?

AND, didn't she tell Roman that he (and Abe?) could help her with one of her patients that was very sick. Did she reveal it there?

I know that John will not hurt Marlena.This show is getting better and better.I love the new John.But i know that he will be back with Marlena.This show rockssssssssss

Also, if Lexie has told Kayla/Steve about Bo's illness, has she violated HIPAA here? Or is that ok because Kayla is also a doctor?

AND, didn't she tell Roman that he (and Abe?) could help her with one of her patients that was very sick. Did she reveal it there?

I think Lexie did tell Roman what was wrong because he said that he would tell Steve & Kayla. Then Steve walked up later and Roman said he had some news that he & Kayla needed to know about. And then Steve was suddenly talking about flying to Ireland to tell Bo. So this would be considered a HIPAA violation. So it seems that Roman knew the details because Lexie wasn't around when Roman told Steve about it. And I think this should answer your first question since Lexie didn't tell Kayla directly (even though she is a doctor).

I know that when I see the Dr. I have to fill out a form asking who can be told of my medical condition. Maybe Bo put Roman on the list. Since Roman is not a medical person, he is not confined by HIPAA rules, Right??

Boy, I had to get special permission just to get a printout of my cholesterol report!

AND whenever I have to have any sort of test or something at the hospital, I have to sign interminable forms to give permission to give the info to my insurance company etc.

I doubt Bo would list Roman as someone to be told anything, and not his wife. Nope, ........perhaps his employer......but that would be Abe, not Roman as the person in charge over all.

I Broke My Hip-pa!

Boy, I had to get special permission just to get a printout of my cholesterol report!

AND whenever I have to have any sort of test or something at the hospital, I have to sign interminable forms to give permission to give the info to my insurance company etc.

I doubt Bo would list Roman as someone to be told anything, and not his wife. Nope, ........perhaps his employer......but that would be Abe, not Roman as the person in charge over all.

perhaps, bo did list roman as his employer contact when roman was in charge during abe's absence.

Maybe Lexie figured that since Roman was family and she is so close to the family that Bo would not sue so went ahead and told Roman.

I work in the medical field. I know all about HIPAA. I even took classes on it. Lexie violated the HIPAA policy by telling Steve and Roman and anyone else for that matter. If Lexie were to tell Hope of Bo's condition she would have still violated HIPAA. Under HIPAA, medical professionals are not to disclose any results to anyone other than the patient, even if the spouse wants to know. If the spouse wants to tell them that that is their business. Medical professionals can be fired and sued for violating HIPAA. :)

Does this mean perhaps that Lexie could not only lose her new position, but her job as well? (yeah, and pigs fly, don't they?)

Maybe Lexie figured that since Roman was family and she is so close to the family that Bo would not sue so went ahead and told Roman.

I think that's exactly what Lexie did. She's always butting in at inappropriate places and that's just plain wrong ~ even among friends. I know it won't happen but I wish someone would report her and she would be disciplined for real.

Actually, I think the writers need a course in the HIPAA act. But on that note, being single, I filled out a paper that gave my mother access to any and all medical records of mine. Before I did that, they didn't like her calling to just make an appointment for me!!

LOL, I, too, think the writer's need a course in HIPAA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if they never heard of it before, they probably are being bombarded with it now. LOLOL

Back