Monday, February 4th

Does it change anything that Bo was having the physical for his job? His job is dependent upon having good results. One could assume then that Bo had to sign a release for the PD to have access to the results. Roman as assistant commissioner would have access that way.

I work in the medical field. I know all about HIPAA. I even took classes on it. Lexie violated the HIPAA policy by telling Steve and Roman and anyone else for that matter. If Lexie were to tell Hope of Bo's condition she would have still violated HIPAA. Under HIPAA, medical professionals are not to disclose any results to anyone other than the patient, even if the spouse wants to know. If the spouse wants to tell them that that is their business. Medical professionals can be fired and sued for violating HIPAA. :)

HIPAA is such a crock. I was in the hospital in November with a broken ankle and the lady next to me in my room was very ill. I knew everything that was wrong with her whenever her dr came in to talk to her. I heard everything from medical treatment to what kind of drugs he was going to give her. Since I could not leave the room I pretty much heard everything and I am sure she heard everything about me too. So much for privacy.

apparently, your hospital hasn't heard of the curtains of inaudioability. salem hospital got some from the old infirmary at HOGWART ACADEMY, and they seem to work pretty well at blocking out any, and all, conversations to those outside the CURTAINS OF INAUDIOABILITY!
(did ya hear that?)

HIPAA is such a crock. I was in the hospital in November with a broken ankle and the lady next to me in my room was very ill. I knew everything that was wrong with her whenever her dr came in to talk to her. I heard everything from medical treatment to what kind of drugs he was going to give her. Since I could not leave the room I pretty much heard everything and I am sure she heard everything about me too. So much for privacy.

I have to agree with you if you are in a shared room there is no privacy in the hospital. Where I work they are putting computers in the hallway and we will be doing all out charting on those computers. (Guess nurses don't even have to sit to chart anymore ) Anyway anyone passing by will be able to see what is on the screen.

I'm a first time poster but long time viewer/reader. Has everyone forgotten that this is Salem where the real world rules don't apply? They can't find anything to lock Stefano up for!?! Max probably won't get charged with "abuse of a corpse" so something as important as HIPAA I'm sure they never heard of! I enjoy "soap world" but I wish they wouldn't be so unrealistic sometimes.

Poirot....thanks for the site, watching isn't always possible but I'm here everyday.

HIPAA stands for Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act and basically refers to some privacy rules for releasing private (health) and identifying information. you can get more info online:)

HIPAA is the Health Insurance Portabilty & Accountability Act. HIPAA is divided into two seperate titles. Title I protects health insurance coverage for workers and their families when they change or lose their jobs. Title II requires the establishment of national standards for electronic health care transactions and national identifiers for providers, health insurance plans, and employers.

When people on here mention HIPAA they are usually referring to Title II which helped set forth regulations on privacy towards patient health records. Lexie telling people that Kayla is pregnant for example is a huge HIPAA no-no and in the real world would have her facing fines & jail time and the hospital facing fines & the possibility of losing federal Medicare funding. Sorry for the wrong response, I work in healthcare so I am well versed in HIPAA :)

Okay.
Just watched today's show and cried like a baby when Colleen and Shawnie saw each other. Thought it was sad when they shuffled Shawn away after two minutes of seeing his sister. What da hell?!?!? Bo sure gave Colleen hell. Someone should have.

I liked Lexie and EJ interaction, but seems like something is up with Lexie...like she isn't saying something. Started laughing when she talked about Kayla being pregnant...due to this thread. Last person she should tell is EJ...like he cares.
Philip looked mighty HAWT! Chloe still annoys me.

Felt sad for Sami and Lucas but once again, I still don't really get that they like each other. It seemed that Lucas was fussing at Sami with his little snide comments ("I'm going away for 10-20 years...not like I didn't pay some parking tickets, Sami." Kind of rude for that moment). At least he owned up that he did it because he didn't trust in their love and was jealous. Pretty crappy explanation for your daughter and why he won't see her until she is 20. But hey, we all know he will be back in a few months.

Sami's reaction to Lucas' incarceration still blows my mind. She refused to testify to help him but yet she lays into him about how he's not going to be there to raise their daughter. At least if she had testified, he'd have had a chance. If they still sent him away after a trial, OK, but at least she tried, but by refusing to testify, she took away any chance he had. And she's mad at him?!? It just blows me away. Her logic and reasoning makes absolutely no sense to me.

Oh and by the way the acronym is actually HIPAA (as opposed to HIPPA). Yup my HIPAA certification sure has come in handy!

Days Rocksssssssssssssss.I love this show right now.

I'm so happy that the vets are on all the time.

I'm so happy that Victor came back.Wish u all the best Julie smile.gif

I loved the scene with Kayla/Bo from today and yesterday.This two has a lots of chemistry as brother & sister!

Back