Monday, July 16th

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Monday, July 16, 2007

Tony is sitting in a car, having called Stefano out of bed to join him, claiming he has to lay low. He breaks the news to Stefano that he had to eliminate Elvis, who has left the building permanently. Stefano has a roaring fit. (not good for such a sick man). He rants on and on, but Tony claims Elvis was becoming a liability, was a traitor, and could no longer be relied on to be true to the DiMera plan to eliminate every last Brady. He says with Elvis out of the way, they can easily take the babies. Stefano gets out of the car, clearly upset, what has Tony done? He gets back in the car, scolding, and suddenly Steve pops up in the back seat. (What, do these cars have some secret entrance thru the trunks or from underneath, LOL) Tony orders him out of the car, they go back and forth a bit, and Steve tells them that the booby trapped gun trick aimed at Elvis did not work, that John Black saved his bony butt. Tony is not happy, talking of how John is a thorn in his side, and woke from his coma just to irritate him. Steve agrees to leave, commenting he was only trying to let lthem know what the Bradys were up to. That gets the attention of both Stefano and Tony, as Steve proceeds to tell them that the Bradys do not think he is really Tony, that he is someone named Aaron, or no…..Andre’, that is it, Andre’. Tony laughs, as Andre’ is very dead. There is banter back and forth, and one can see the wheels turning in Stefano’s head. Steve begins talking of some sort of sports championships of the past and who won them, mentioning that the winner of one was Joe Dugan. Then talks of the 1972 sabre championship. He is brushing off Tony’s collar, Tony gets irritated, Steve says he has a dandruff problem, lol. Tony again orders him to leave, and Steve finally agrees. Tony talks sarcastically of the ridiculous idea he is not Tony, and tells Stefano something about dancing on the grave of every single Brady, one by one. And they could even be more efficient, and do in more than one at a time.

In Vegas, (frankly, this storyline cannot be over too soon for me) the plane has landed, Max wants to see the trunks, Jeremy sends Jett off to the hotel, drags up a trunk for Max to check out. Of course it is filled with clothes. The buyer appears a bit nervous, but Max is satisfied, the guys pays off Jerk, who gives Max his share. Max leaves, the buyer is happy that Max did not insist on checking the other trunks. Jerkemy assures him he knew Max wouldn’t. (We all knew something else was going on!). At the hotel, the room is once again filled with stereotyped flight crews (shame on Days for this portrayal) who are partying like last time. Stephanie & Chelsea anxiously get online to do a search on Danielle. They learn she lives in Ohio, born in Dallas, and is married to a guy named Mark Prentiss! Chelsea worries about telling Jett, and goes to join him in the hot tub. Jeremy comes in, gifts Stephanie with a necklace to match the earrings he gave her a couple weeks ago, and they get all smooch. He sees Max & Jett talking in the hot tub, and gets worried. Jett IS asking Max about the side business, and Max finally admits the deal about the fake designer clothing. Chelsea arrives, wants to talk to Jett alone, Max leaves. Jerk questions Max about his conversation with Jett. Chelsea haltingly tells Jett that Daniel is married. Jett does not seem too surprised.

At the Brady Pub a family conference has been called. John, Marlena, Roman, Kayla, Bo & Hope discuss the possibility that the man all are calling Tony is not really Tony. Marlena reminds everyone how Tony was their friend, was kind, and really went against Stefano and the vendetta. I am really giving credit here, as everyone rehashes some past history from 1984, ‘94, 2002 with a few flashbacks thrown in for good measure. Kudos to the writers for trying to bring newer viewers up to speed. Everyone talks of the Salem Slasher, the victims killed by Andre then, including Stefano’s daughter Renee’. They talk of the plane crashing on the way to the photo shoot on the island, of Daphne dying, Tony’s rage, the fight with Andre’, the attempt to pull Andre’ from the quicksand. (yep, flashbacks). They talk of Aremid, and how Tony rigged the gun to shoot himself (supposedly this was Andre again) in order to frame John, who got sent to the gas chamber. Flashback to this, too. They even talk of how Tony convinced Marlena she was the Salem Stalker a few years ago. Now Anna walks in, and talks of how this man is not Tony. She has slept with Tony, and it is not him. Tony’s kisses made her light headed. (O.K. yes, the camera frequently concentrates on Roman’s reaction to all the gushing statements, lol) and how romantic he was, etc. But if this man now is not Tony, then where is Tony. John says he either is dead, or locked up somewhere, like Lexie was. They decide they will try and search for Tony. John is hesitant, but finally says they can count him in.
Now Steve walks in, mission accomplished. He has some DNA (hairs) from the man who says he is Tony, and Anna has brought envelopes from letters Tony had written her. (that girl saves everything, doesn’t she, lol). Steve tells everyone he knows for a fact, the man in that car was not Tony DiMera. Cause he did not know who won the European World Cup Sabre championship in 1972. And the person who won that…..was Antony DiMera. :shocked:

Barb

:sun: WOW now we is finnaly getting some where :-D now I can really lay back and check out the real DAYS again lol. The vegas thing should have been over with after the first few mins haha very dull indeed. Hmmmmmmmmmmm whats going on with Belle/Shawn/Philip sago. It would be very nice to See old Vic back in the story line again I'm sure he could shed some light this Colleen/Santo thing and Tony/Andre. Remember Victor knows a lot but keeps it him self so I wouldn't be surprise at all if he knows a thing or 2....

John Aniston is no longer listed in the credits, so am guessing we are not going to be seeing Victor for a while. Frankly, it would not bother me at all if that trio with Claire in the middle was only on every couple weeks for now. But ......I know there has to be more than one story going on.

I truly get rather confused, because Stefano is supposed to be this weak and dying man, yet gets raging mad (blood pressure, heart???) with no problem. And if he needed that kidney of John's so badly, why does he still need stem cells??

I think I had remembered reading somewhere a while ago that John Aniston was sick. I think that is why he hasn't been on the screen...not too sure though.

He's coming back! Finally! I read in TV guide and on Dustin's Days Page that Thaao Peghlis is really playing Andre and will be finally called Andre on Tuesday!!! Yay! My favorite character is back!!!!!

I'm new here. Thanks, Poirot, for the "days ahead" update. I can't watch Days from home, so I love keeping up to speed on your website.

About the Vegas/Beach scene, I think we can count on that being wrapped up in late August/early September. They always throw in some teeny bobber story line to catch the attention of high school/college students in the summer! So once school starts again, these annoying story lines will probably fade away.

I really can't believe that we been seeing Andre for all these years. When Tony showed up back in 2002, I believe that was the real Tony. He wasn't completely bad. He loved his sister Lexie and helped her when she needed him. I believe that the whole thing with Andre came with the Salem Stalker storyline. Somehow he probably was left on Melaswen or some other island. Remember also they did a DNA test to prove that John and Tony were half-brothers! DNA would have proven that Tony wasn't really Tony! So we saw the real Tony for those years. I believe that the real Tony didn't even know what was going on with the Salem Stalker storyline and it was Andre who planned that all along, he had Tony 'die' at the hospital and probably took him from there to the island in some secret room.
On another note: We know that Anna can tell the difference between Tony and Andre, but wouldn't Celeste have some sort of 6th sense or psychic vibe about Andre??

I agree - I Tony had a Nice streak going there for awhile - with Anna - with Renee - and then there was Andre' his polar opposite!

The story with Vegas is Boooooooooooooring...and can't wait for that to be over. I can't stand Jeremy Horton - I still would love to see Mike and Robin come and knock a little Horton sense into him!

I haven't been able to watch DOOL on a daily basis while on my summer vacation and love being able to keep up to speed here.

I do love Steve's character right now - he does keep me laughing.

NO, I think they are going to totally reboot the character. And in order to do that, he will have to have been on the island since 1986. Remember, outside of "sending" divorce papers to Anna, he wasn't "heard" from until 93. It will be Castaway Part Deux. Now.. in that case, does that mean the divorce from Anna was invalid and that means they are still married? Interesting.

Anna does say something about him being on the pier, and then she never heard from him again. The group at the Pub realize that the man they have been seeing just is not the Tony they all knew......and hey everyone. They may be very short, but you are going to love the flashbacks...I especially liked the young Tony and Anna. She talks of how romantic he was, and how lightheaded she felt whenever he kissed her. Poor Roman. LOLOL

Roman does not stand a chance.

John better be a good brother to Tony.

Tony has a lot of catching up to do.

How about instead of ths irratating and boring storyline with Chelsea, Max, Stephanie, Jeremy and Jett, that they do more storylines with Belle, Shawn and Claire? Seems like that one has pretty much come to a halt.

I find Belle and Shawn as irritating as that Fly High bunch. I could use a Philip fix though without Shawn and Belle.

I hate that Victor isn't on the show right now, hopefully he will return soon, healthy. Secondly, the question Steve asked about the European Cup thing was a tip off to Stephano, surely he knows his own son won something that significant. also, his reaction to steve sayinng that the Brady's think he is Andre` was also a tip off. He is so gonna get busted, and punished by Stephano. I can't wait. Days is actually becoming interesting again, less the Vegas crew, hopefully that will be over soon.

God! Finally someone figured out that 'Tony' is really Andre!!! I had the sneaking suspicion for awhile, just from his actions, and how nasty he is, because Tony at his worst was never this nasty! And I knew when they said Anna was coming back that she would be the one. Yay! And Steve is Steve again! I missed him more than any character who ever left. And I can not wait for Stefano to slam Andre with his own special brand of revenge. And I totally agree about the 'fly high club' joke of a storyline LisLang, I think it will taper off after the summer, at least I hope so, I want Brady/DeMira action, with lots of Steve!

On another note, totally un-related, thank you all of you who have supported me in this difficult time of loss. You are all so sweet. I love being a member here and listening to everyone else and their ideas. But your support came at a truly needed time, and once again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I,ve always thought that Tony was Tony up to the time he was attacked by the tiger. Because up yo taht time he was acting like the old Tony. It wasn't unitl we found out who was behind the whole thing that he started acting like a complete psycho.

It should be interesting to see what happens with the "feud" now that everyone is suspicous of Tony not being Tony, but Andre. Maybe the Dimera's will team up with the Brady's to get the real Tony back. Will this maybe be the start to the end of the vendetta??

I know that this miget be a really really long shot.. BUt i am wondering since Jett has his gf undercover.. If there is a chance that maybe he is working with the FBI or CIA or something like that and he is just waiting for the right time to bust Jeremy... I would love to see that happen. I am sooooo over that entire story line too!!
I was soooo happy to see Alice on the 4th!! She looked lovely as ever...

Hope you guys are having a great summer!!!!

Back