Movies we watch over & over

so many people say "it's a wonderful life"...and I just hate that movie. it's so boring to me. I don't get it, I guess.

My favorites:

Dirty Dancing
Top Gun
Wizard of Oz
Disney movies, but favorite Disney movies: live action or cartoon Beauty and the Beast, live action or cartoon Cinderella, The Little Mermaid (I'm seriously so excited about the live action coming out in a few months, this one is an all-time favorite and I'm feeling like a kid again waiting for it to be in theaters). Also the actress playing Ariel is STUNNING. Gosh, I can't wait!!!!! I love Moana and Encanto, I'm just mesmerized by the colors and the songs.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carey. I have it memorized basically and still want to watch it again. Hilarious!

Shrek, the first one.

A Walk to Remember. This one makes me cry. I'm still gonna watch it again.

Hocus Pocus (both 1 and 2). Love those Sanderson sisters!!!!

I thought the first Fast and Furious, and maybe the 2nd one was good. My husband is obsessed with all of them. He also loves Tombstone as an all-time favorite of his. But I question the why. WHY is there like a million Fast and the Furious movies? Aren't they on like movie 9 or 10? Is it not all movies about fast cars? Just how different can the plot be? Not like I'm one to talk. I watch Days of Our lives where we've seen the same stories about 60 million times just this year. Haha

I think "It's a Wonderful Life" is so very different, and ends up teaching a lesson we don't think about. A man is frustrated, and depressed over something he did not do, but takes the responsibility for it, and doesn't know what to do, wishes he had never been born. And he then sees what life would have been like for his loved ones if he hadn't. Maybe we all at some time wonder "what if" we'd never been born. Who would our spouse have married, who would our friends have hung with, had good times with. Who would have occupied our home, who would Have been the date for the person we went to prom with. Who would have gotten our pet, our job, headed up the scout troop, etc. etc.

And then the guy is happy and grateful for his life, his family, friends, and lets them all know it. And finds he is not alone when problems arise, they all pitch in to help. I think a lot of us have been given a helping hand at one time or another in our lives.

I am seeing here movies I have not watched/seen, so thank you my friends. I look forward to checking them out when they show up.
Forgot to Include Meet Me in St. Louis in my "over and over" list, plus Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid.

Oh I know the concept of "It's a Wonderful Life" and think it's sweet. I just think the movie is the most boring thing ever. I'd rather eat paint than have to sit through it again. But yes, the idea is very sweet. I find other movies that remind me that life is wonderful and worth living for. Shrek basically has those same qualities. 2 people that pretty much think the worst of themselves end up finding each other beautiful and wonderful. There. Shrek is my version of "It's a Wonderful Life", haha.

With that, I can hear Donkey saying "we'll stay up late swappin' manly stories and in the mornin'. I'm makin' waffles!"

I think I'm enjoying the responses to, and ideas about, these movies more than I do or would enjoy watching some of the movies.

DaysLady, one time after our son was grown and living on his own--but before he was married--he came to visit us and brought the Grinch movie, which he thought was the most wonderfully entertaining thing ever. I can't get into any movies with creatures that don't resemble real people or real animals, regardless of how adorable or bad or whatever they are supposed to be (E.T. is a good example). But my husband and I agreed to watch the Grinch movie to please our son and to be spending time with him on something he liked. Oh my goodness! I thought the movie would never be over! I almost couldn't make myself sit through it.

I think some of the preferences here may be a generational thing. :)

I don't have a movie I watch over and over. I watch some Disney movies and others more than once but not every year.

Here's the link to TCM and the Oscar movies they will show in March

Oh my goodness, I laugh hysterically through Jim Carey's Grinch. We quote it all the time. "That's it! I'm not going!" hahahah or "hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, *gasp* LOATHE ENTIRELY!" Actually, that particular quote I say while watching Days sometimes.

I don't think it has anything to do with generations. Different people like different things and it has nothing to do with the year they were born.

Oh, no, not the only one.......but admittedly, only the good ones. Like Magnificent Seven, Red River, McClintock, Butch Cassidy, Fistful of Dollars, The Good, the Bad & the Ugly, and more. Don't see westerns being shown very often, but they do show them.

Often, while eating my lunch, I'll watch one of the old 30 minute shows. Today I was watching, "Wanted, Dead or Alive," with Steve McQueen. I always liked him a lot so today it made me think of another movie--a non-western one--I've watched several times. Love with the Proper Stranger, with Steve McQueen and Natalie Wood. A cute love story.

Back