Moving

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Well my friends we have begun to move. We are staying at an apartment in between with no internet. So it wont be until at least the 20th that I can start catching up. And I am so ready for what's gonna happen next week it's not even funny. If I get lucky and can log on here or there I'll fill you in on the moving fun. Otherwise see ya in a couple of weeks.

Oh, am sure it is gonna be a barrel of laughs, SaraBeth......Hope you are able to pop in at times, but in the meantime........best of luck, have fun. (Moving is always a good time to get rid of the stuff(junk) you have held on to forever thinking you will use it sometime. LOL

SaraBeth,

k14280674.jpg

with the move and, ultimately, good fortune in your new home.

Good Luck with the move SaraBeth,

We moved from CA. to WA. 31 yrs. ago and will NEVER move again!!! We had with us.... 2 Amazon Parrots, 5 Collies, 1 Doberman and a little Terrier. Also a Horse! Could have been a complete wreck but went pretty smoothly. Moved In Dec. and from sunny CA. to a record Ice Storm. No power, No phone, and we celebrated both our Birthdays and Christmas dinner in front of a Rroaring Fireplace. Never been so cold in my life!!! :rotfl:

Well we did the cross country move 8 years ago. It went well. So far we are off to an interesting start. We were going to stay at a friends apartment but after the first night there was a note that the rent was late. So we checked in to a hotel. Not one I prefer, but it has a weekly rate. We still have some stuff to move. Its going into a storage facility. Our house closes friday and the house we're buying closes the following Friday. However I have internet and although I will be behind I can see the show here and I can say hi to all of you fine folks as well.

SarahBeth, I hope the move to a hotel is the only bump in the road with your moving process

It is a shame you could not "rent" your house from the buyers for a couple of weeks...You could have then stayed in it while moving most everything out to the storage place, and when you close on your new place, would have a few days to move the few remaining things, sweep up, and off you go.

One of my Grandmothers used to say she'd rather take a beating than to have to move. I think I agree with her.

when we bought our house here in Az, we were in outage working 12 hour nights, 60 & 72 hour weeks. We had got most everything packed and put into storage, we also used one of those PODS things for the furniture and some boxes/totes of other things. We had some totes of clothes, food/dishes/etc. that we took to an apartment (really *icky* place, but they take in outage workers for a month or so) I took off a few days to do what cleaning I could, until the electric bill switched to the rental company, then I was only able to wipe down stuff in the day - the water stayed on, I just couldn't vacuum. I worked harder cleaning that house than I would have at work!

SarahBeth, I hope all goes smoothly now for you, and wish you many years of happiness in your new home!

We accomplished alot today. So we won't be down to the wire. Nothing weird today. I did watch yesterdays show on my laptop while cleaning. We gave one of my very best friends our fridge for their son. We emptied the fridge and freezer and took the food to where our son is staying. He chose to stay with his bandmates until school starts. So they were real happy to get two coolers full of food. We rented another storage unit. I am glad to say that we are back on track timing wise so last night and today while busy has been less stressfull.

Oh my my my we have all of our stuff in storage and we closed the sale of our house today. The cats have been boarded. I am having a stiff drink and sleeping in tomorrow. We are going to close on buying the new house on Friday.

Well, we may have hit a snag. Without going into detail, there may be a delay of a couple of weeks. We are discussing a lease agreement but if the delay goes on too long we will lose our rate lock and pay a daily penalty. We will find out more tomorrow evening. So I am flying between anger and stress right now. I want to yell at someone, particularly the two parties that are causing the delay.

I hope things work out tomorrow for you

Well it looks like the contract is going to hell. We may make a major concession because not only do we want the house, but we need it. Being in a hotel doesn't afford us the time to play screw around. My feeling is they signed a contract with a provision in it that they are unable to fulfill, thinking that provision would be taken care of by their insurance company.

So, letting us move in while they fight with the insurance company doesn't help us any if they lose the fight, which is the way it's going now. They sent an email saying they were in no position financially to fulfill the provision. We could move in, but after a month they would charge us month to month and it could still fall through and we would have to move again. I'd still like to slap the teeth out of someone.

It changes by the hour. A concession on both sides is in the works. Let's hope they sign.

Back