Moving

I'm really confused as to who botched the contract and how?
They were botching it, but we finally came to concession on each side. We offered the concession because we want the house and not the long drawn-out brewhaha. It took alot of back and forth but we are all set and just waiting to find out if we close friday or monday.

Well we know that we can. It may not be easy but are motivated enough to make it work.

It's ours! It's ours! Signed, closed, funded and keys in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we went to the house to drop the cats off in the enclosed patio before we signed (we had a lease agreement just in case). As we took a little walk around the house I thought I smelled gas as we went by the meter. I asked my hubby if he smelled it and he said yes. So we stayed in that spot for a minute just to make sure. Yes there was a smell of gas. Luckily I had the gas company phone number in my cell phone. So I called and told them as we left to sign for the house. When we were done signing we went back and the gas guy was there. Apparently when the foundation repairs were done it loosened the the fittings and the piping so the gas guy replaced the piping and the fittings and then re-lit the pilot lights.

No cost to us because it was gas company owned. The foundation repairs had been done before the house went on the market so I have no idea how long it was leaking. The old guy that lived there smoked and it's a miracle he didn't blow himself and the house up. I'm just glad we took a walk around because we were looking to see where we needed to put the fence up for our dog.

great news, SarahBeth. It's good you noticed the problem before you moved in.

SaraBeth.....I truly understand the need for privacy, and why you had not shared your specific concerns here, Definitely the way to go. I am so happy you got the house you wanted, that it worked out, and that you were able to get a potential problem fixed immediately. Good for you, girl. I am so happy for you/
And now, the journey begins......making this all "your own". I am such a fan of House Hunters on HGTV, so am really excited for you. Please....keep us posted here.

Did I mention that moving stinks. It was so hot and the humidity was off the chart. We had to take breaks constantly so nobody would get heat stroke. We have all our things here at the new place, been unpacking and will be for a while. And wouldn't you know we've already had the plumber out to clear the drains because it backed up last night. I still really like this house though. So glad to be out of that hotel after a couple days shy of two weeks.

Just read an article by a "home inspector" in Reader's Digest, who mentioned how sometimes brand new homes have problems....and how drains were all clogged in this one new house because the tile man cleaned all his tools in the sink!!!!

SarahBeth, I'm glad you're moved in your new house. Enjoy

You don't want to hear my horror stories when I moved
when I was alone

Back