Murder She Baked

Yes Heather4cu, that is the one I was talking about for September 2015.

I'm shocked it got such high ratings. Most of the feedback I've seen on social media has been negative.

that's interesting about negative feedback.

LOL, well, I would guess that a lot tuned in just because of Alison. Soaps have a larger following than then given credit for. Curiosity, sure. And Alison did a lot of promos for several months.

But the amount of promos she did were no different than the amount of promos that other name stars do for their movies. The Garage Sale Mystery series with Lori Loughlin was far superior to this movie and I'd think Lori Loughlin would be more of a household name simply from Full House, even though she has done other successful series as well.

I'll be interested to see the ratings for the 2nd movie in the Murder Mystery series.

I never saw a single promo by Lori L. ...not one. I saw a lot fromAlison Sweeney. Plus the regular Hallmark channel promoted it as well. I never even HEARD of the Garage Sale Mysteries until this thread.

Lori had been doing the tv talk show show circuit as well for her movies and all the new Hallmark movies get the same level of promotion on social media and on the air. For the past 2-3 weeks, I've been bombarded with promos for Candace Cameron Bure's new movie airing this Saturday called "Just the Way You Are".

There are 3 Garage Sale Mystery movies that have aired since 2013. A 4th one is coming later this year. The 1st one aired on the Hallmark Channel with the most recent 2 airing on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Never saw Lori once! Admittedly I don't do the talk show circuit shows, too many. But I do check their guest lists for someone interesting to me. I have seen commercials for Candace Bure's new movie ......but that is on the regular Hallmark channel. Not the Movies and Mysteries one. I have even seen promos for it on other channels as well.

I finally saw the movie last night. I enjoyed it, but I kept wondering why
no one was wearing hair nets when baking. And how she could afford
a big house.

But then you have to pay for that, too. I cannot do streaming, anyway.

I enjoy these cozy mysteries that allow Alison Sweeney (former Sami) to show softer, more romantic side. There's nothing too complicated or dark about them, just nice little mysteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back