My pictures

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
So I'm posting the pictures so far from New Orleans. Enjoy!
537827_10200328683564306_60287983_n.jpg

My school, Loyola University New Orleans

531898_10200328691124495_1073638041_n.jpg

Jackson Square

This was from a few weeks ago in northern California:
Big Sur
1098258_10200328701444753_1099929667_n.jpg

LOL, you already had donuts on the corner at Cafe DuMonde. There used to be an open market there on Sundays, I have a small plaque, made from an old roofing slate, showing a pic of a bldg. at Royal St, on the corner. Beautiful black wrought iron balconies. It may have been called the Lace Bldg. The slate was from the mid-1800s. It hangs on my wall, and sorry, I ddi mean Cafe DuMonde.
Also, if you ever can, take the horse & buggy tour, which will take you all around the French Quarter, with the driver pointing out a lot of historical points.

I love old buildings. Thanks for sharing your world with us.

go here, report back. LOL

25th annual Vampire Ball in New Orleans, at Generations Hall on Friday October 25th, the weekend before Hallowe'en. Anne Rice will be in attendance this year. She has been living in Palm Springs, CA.

She and her son, Christopher Rice, will also be signing books that weekend at Garden District Books at 2727 Prytania Street.

DD, May you study hard, live honorably, eat heartily, take pictures that interest you, and it will please us to the core, and most of all, think "Spectator Friends", and send us copies, we will love each one of the pictures thoroughly, and will be ever grateful for the thoughts of us here.... Most of all Chief, enjoy every moment of your college days. This is only the beginning of a whole new life for you. You will surely get the most out of life, and doing it the way you are doing it is going to make your life even better.... Enjoy....

Way to go Daysdegrassi! Hope you have a great time while you're away at college. What a wonderful city to be in!! But stay away from Bourbon St! LOL. At least until you're old enough, hahaha. Otherwise, I'd suggest going to Pat O'Brien's and having a hurricane YUM! But since you can't do that, you should go on a haunted cemetery tour and I think they do swamp tours too. Also, go to Drago's (downtown at one of the hotels - forget which one - and I think there is one in suburb of Metairie) for the charbroiled oysters (SO GOOD!) and I think the place is called Red Fish (on Bourbon St, yes I told you to stay away but go there if you like fish) they have really good food there too. Enjoy! :)

Yeah I'm definitely waiting till I'm 21. Drinking isn't my thing now. Some girl here already puked in her closet and slept there after a night of partying-a girl in my grade, mind you. Doesn't sound fun to me...

Good for you DaysD... it's not fun either.

I hope you're get a chance to post more pictures of your
adventures in New Orleans.

Sometime, daysdg, when you are in a restaurant around the French quarter, or Jackson Square, and you see muffuletta on the menu....aaahhh, have to order it. Tis round, a sort of submarine sandwich, but lots of cheeses, meats, and is really delicious. It is big, at least mine was, no idea if a doggy bag is able to to given there. It was invented/brought there to New Orleans by Italian immigrants. Yummmm.
And don't forget......The Streetcar named Desire. I had to say when I saw a streetcar, no longer in use, shoved to the side, with DESIRE on the destination plate, made me laugh.

Back