Networks Fall schedule redo

Another one watch "The Irrational" or "Found".

Both are interesting shows.

I think NBC probably figured both strikes would be over in time for there to be no interruption to "The Irrational", which only taped 7 episodes. The fourth one airs tomorrow. Maybe they will put in some repeats in the next few weeks so they can spread out new episodes through the end of November sweeps. At the rate they are going, they will run out of episodes as of 11/6. The producers have cut off talks with SAG-AFTRA, so the likelihood of the strike being over before the 8th episode needs to air on 11/13 is getting less likely by the day. They take about 8 days to tape a drama series, so they would need the strike to be over by end of October for them to not run out of episodes.

@robinsoh man, I love this show. I just burned through 1883 and 1923, finishing the last episode over the weekend. Cannot wait for season 5.

@soapkitty loved, loved loved Vikings. Was my favourite show when it was on. Ive seen the first season of the continuation of vikings on Netflix.

There's a continuation? And I don't have Netflix.:cry:

I just finished the entire 6 seasons on Peacock.

Yes, I believe there are two seasons and takes place in the early 11th century. Leif Erikson is one of the main vikings, a descendant of Erik the Red. The series is called Vikings: Valhalla

I think NBC probably figured both strikes would be over in time for there to be no interruption to "The Irrational", which only taped 7 episodes. The fourth one airs tomorrow. Maybe they will put in some repeats in the next few weeks so they can spread out new episodes through the end of November sweeps. At the rate they are going, they will run out of episodes as of 11/6. The producers have cut off talks with SAG-AFTRA, so the likelihood of the strike being over before the 8th episode needs to air on 11/13 is getting less likely by the day. They take about 8 days to tape a drama series, so they would need the strike to be over by end of October for them to not run out of episodes.

To update my post from awhile back. Looks like they did manage to finish taping the 8th episode of The Irrational before the actor's strike, which will air 11/13 and then that's it. NBC just replaced the final two episodes of The Irrational (which have not yet taped) with That's My Jam on 11/20 and 11/27. Specials are airing in its slot for all of December.

Deadline said tonight if returning shows can get back into production in the next week or so (most shows need around 6 weeks of prep before they can tape anything), then a majority of the shows will probably have between 10-13 episodes this season, airing from around mid-February/early March to end of May. CSI and Grey's Anatomy max of 10 episodes. Dick Wolf hoping to still have 13 each of the 3 Law & Orders and 3 FBI's.

Don't know what they'll do with The Irrational, since it only has 2 more episodes to produce and air.

To update my post from awhile back. Looks like they did manage to finish taping the 8th episode of The Irrational before the actor's strike, which will air 11/13 and then that's it. NBC just replaced the final two episodes of The Irrational (which have not yet taped) with That's My Jam on 11/20 and 11/27. Specials are airing in its slot for all of December.

A final update to my update. It turns out they never did tape the 8th episode of The Irrational before the strike. NBC at first put in a repeat of the show for 11/13, but now has replaced that repeat with an episode of The Wall. So, episode # 7 which aired 11/6, as I originally reported, was the last episode made before the strike.

There's a 1981 movie called Looker about models who are being killed. It's a futuristic movie in that the models go to a studio and are scanned from head to toe. Then the studio can just use their scanned image in any commercial they want. At the time, it seemed like a ridiculous situation, but 40+ years later, here we are.

Just Samantha: I remember Looker. Ahead of its time.

Kat: I also like Found and The Irrational.

I understand some shows won't return until 2025. Even the "kids" on Stranger Things said they know they are already too old for their roles. I I admire executive producer Shawn Levy's declaration that he will not employ AI to de-age the kids.

As a sidebar, some years ago I saw Fran Drescher in an Off-Broadway play (using her REAL voice), and she was wonderful in the role. Also quite lovely with fans after the show, willing to stick around and talk.

I'm always on the lookout for new suspenseful shows. Any suggestions?

Currently I'm watching Billy the Kid on Paramount + and really enjoying it. It's also fun for us to watch and recognize locations where they filmed, as it is filmed in the Calgary area.

Also on Paramount we are on season 2 of Evil. I watched all the yellowstone series and loved them. About to start Bass Reeves. And I just watched a 6 episode series based on the book of the same name, The Burning Girls. A mystery surrounding the death of 2 girls in the 1500s that continues today. Really good.

What are you watching?

Back