New Establishing Shots/Models

Here are 2 old pictures from Beth's Days of Our Lives Page (no longer online):

The DiMansion:

dimeramansion.jpg

Marlena's old penthouse:

jmpenthouse.jpg

Here's the Police Station:
View attachment 9207
This is too impressive for the hopeless Salem P.D., which rarely catches crooks (where’s Clyde?) and is known for incompetent or corrupt cops. As for the one for the hospital, who knew that the place had emergency facilities. Based on what’s seen on-screen, there’s no emergency room. All patients are wheeled past Maxine’s old nurses station and then deposited in the same one or two rooms where they are seen by the same few doctors who are masters of all medical specialties.

I know many here are impressed with all these skyscraper pics of buildings supposedly located in Salem. Well maybe Chicago has some in their downtown area, but Salem was always depicted as small town America.

Being from Chicago, where I was raised, and having lived and traveled all around it........No idea where the blazes Salem could be. I mean it is close to Chicago, they go to Cubs games (yay, Cubs) and will mention a play or something. But they truly need establishing shots that do not resemble New York or Chicago. They don't need 80 story bldgs......20 will do quite well. O.K. Lost cause, I know. But If as big a town as their "shots" depict. there would be a great many cops around, plus bus stops, taxis, and huge crowds of people outside. Lots of political activity, churches, schools of all kinds. Sorry, just hate that the Days folks want to have it both ways, show big town, but pretend in storylines it is small town, ......even medium size. LOL

By the way........I live in a small town, as I have said....around 2500.......but believe it or not.....it's description notes "the City of" .

I really liked that Days used a location shot of a lake. That was neat!

robin, are those the establishing shots they showed for the DiMansion and K-Mansion, or were you just joking around?

I appreciate the effort the show is putting forth. They're probably using stock imagery they purchased. And besides, Salem has several major corporations, multiple millionaires, a University, several private schools, a synagogue, multiple churches, and two large hospitals.

Its size, like everything else, depends on DUH PLOT.

Gosh it must be a city with at least a million people by now. Lol
It could also have 250,000-400,000, still have a small town feel in places, and still have taller buildings.

We should acknowledge that the town probably has more than the 47 people we regularly see and the 21 background actors.

Back