Not romantic

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Ya know, I just don't see anything romantic in the least about a guy who books a room for a date with a woman he isn't sexually active with yet without discussing it with her first. Sure they were getting moving towards it since they got hot and bothered and talked about how neither had a place they could go back to together.

But to book a room without suggesting it first to see how she feels about it. Bad move. And then worse, the meal he set up that he said was for after. Bad move again.

I was wondering that too Muzza. Is Ben living with his sister Jordan? Or are we supposed to be calling them Ollie and Tammy Sue?

And I agree that this was a terrible idea by the writers. they are writing Abby to be a promiscuous sex addict. It just doesn't make sense when not long ago, she was a "member of the virgin club".

Ben said to Abby that the room he rents...the landlord has a very strict "no guests" policy, which is why they could not go there. And then Abby said her house was out, she certainly did not want to parade him upstairs past her mother and brother. And when in public, even in the park, one never knew who would come upon them, even if just kissing.

I was wondering that too Muzza. Is Ben living with his sister Jordan? Or are we supposed to be calling them Ollie and Tammy Sue?

And I agree that this was a terrible idea by the writers. they are writing Abby to be a promiscuous sex addict. It just doesn't make sense when not long ago, she was a "member of the virgin club".

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Other than rape, another recurring theme on this soap as of late is how quickly people can jump into bed. Abby should have sprinted from that room. Ben gave the impression he was only concerned with a little afternoon delight. The food is for after. Disgusting!

Ben said to Abby that the room he rents...the landlord has a very strict "no guests" policy, which is why they could not go there. And then Abby said her house was out, she certainly did not want to parade him upstairs past her mother and brother. And when in public, even in the park, one never knew who would come upon them, even if just kissing.

This is why it would have been much more romantic for him to ask her how she felt about having a romantic night together alone and they could go to Chicago for dinner and stay the night. Then she could have said there was nothing more she could want and she could get all fixed up in anticipation:love: .

I bet you anything having them in what looked like the Salem Inn will have them leaving together and bumping into EJ and Sami or at the least Maggie or Jenn :rotfl: Although I would have loved it if Ben said something like "I heard your family has a cabin on an island nearby":eek: . That would have made me roll laughing:rotfl: .

Good grief do something that would make them likeable :rolleyes: . Then again if I were going for comedy I'd also suggest that they get busted and hauled into jail for getting it on in what they thought was a secluded spot in the park .

The thing was that Abby was hesitant at first. I think perhaps she realizes that when sex gets involved she starts getting nuts and didn't want to go there with Ben, but she did appreciate that he was trying to do something special. That being said, I don't like how quickly people jump into bed, with the exception of Eric at first (which was treated as a ridiculous quirk of being religious rather than a respectable position)

I just don't like this pairing to begin with. Abigail/Ben do nothing for me and what's worse is Abigail sleeping with every guy that pays a little attention to her after being a virgin until what, almost a year ago?
Amen. Who's next on Abigail's love list -- Rory? (Abigail: "Oh, Rory, I'm so glad I discovered the real you hiding behind your slacker pothead exterior!")

Then again if I were going for comedy I'd also suggest that they get busted and hauled into jail for getting it on in what they thought was a secluded spot in the park.
It could have made for a good scene if Percy (and his binoculars) had interrupted the young lovers in the park by blundering onto the scene of their tacky tryst and saying: "Greetings!"

And Abby thought that was him making it special. More like wham bam and now here's a sandwhich, cheetos and Sprite. Oh he's a real Romeo.
Romeo Ben might have done better with sandwiches, cheetos, and Sprite. How long had that food been sitting in the room before he and Abigail arrived? Nothing says romance like lukewarm food, congealing sauce, and cold coffee.

I get that there are only so many sets but they could have had him walk her into the lobby of the hotel and have her say "your surprise is a hotel room? Don't you feel sure of yourself". But they made it all the way in the room and then she got paused for a fraction of a second. Nope. Not buying it as romantic or him trying to make it special.

I just don't see how the writers believe what they are writing for anyone on the show right now is romantic. Even with Hope and Aiden it was sweet and then they spilled spaghetti on him so she ate all those mints. They had the romance going and they ruined it.

I totally agree that it was not romantic at all. In fact, here's what I said about that in the Daily thread :

"Was it me or was Ben taking a hotel room like that totally classless ? So what was he trying to say to Abigail ? "I'm ready, baby, the room is paid for, let's get it on !". How romantic. :sarcasm: "

It just baffles me to see that Abigail, after the initial surprise, seems to be fine with it now. And I bet it will lead to more. If that had happened to me, I would have turned around and run the other way.

Then again, we are talking about the same writers who firmly believe that romance is what Sami and EJ have, or Daniel and Jennifer, or Brady and whatever woman he's with at the time (I still can't forget the disgusting sucking noises with him and Madison), or Jordan and Rafe, who bore me to tears, same with JJ and Paige. :rolleyes: TIIC would not know romance anyway.

Maybe they should rewatch a clip of Kayla and Steve on the rooftop, after they both waited so long. :love:

Back