November sweeps

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are things on Twitter about Nov sweeps. Hopefully, someone will get the Soap Opera Digest
and give us summaries for what's happening

SOD has said that Days is keeping everything under wraps, and won't divulge anything about their "big surprise" . Evidently they want to spring it all at their Day of Days.

It's just a big write up for, the most part, the first week of Sweeps (through a portion of November 8). What's in store for the final 13+ episodes of Sweeps post-time jump has yet to be revealed!

Writers of late, all over, seem to have a facination with time.....either jumping forward or backward. The recent Manifest (prime time) deals with a plane that lands normally at an airport................5 years after it was due to land! For those on board, it is exactly a couple hrs. after they boarded, it is 2014, they are all the same ages........But when they land, they are astounded to find it is 2019, their friends, siblings, parents, have all aged, but they have not. But whether cartoons, one episode of a series, dreams or nightmares (Hello Rod Serling & Twilight Zone) or just the jump ahead final episode, to end a series (as they did in Desperate Housewives) they sure do love to have their characters "escape" the present. :)

With Manifest.... which I watch... I knew they'd be playing with time lines going in......

but this with days..... with their random edits and such... they've been playing with time lines for years Gabi at home mourning the loss of her husband after a long day at the hospital.... while others have moved on to a different day.... Characters change clothes mid scene......... so I'm not so sure it will be an improvement.....

The "major storms" mentioned in the article seem more like the same old: the Gabi threat to Lani's wedding, trying to stop batty Jordan, and yet another "secret" baby. As for the radical changes, how about:
  • To impress Sarah, Xander decides to run against Abe in the special mayoral election;
  • Victor names Ben and Ciara the co-CEOs of Titan;
  • Banned from the K-Mansion by Victor, Brady and Kristen take up residence under a bush in Salem Park;
  • Adrienne and Jenny suddenly remember that they own the Spectator and abjectly apologize to Anne Milbauer for leaving her unsupported all this time;
  • Jack decides to make amends for his misdeeds by taking Salem U.'s Medical School's quickie course and becomes an instant M.D.;
  • Kate apologizes to Lucas for all the bad things that she's ever done to him and frustrated by her stalled career decides to become a nun;
  • Nicole dumps unemployed Eric, takes a quickie nursing course, and goes to work with Haley at University Hospital;
  • Maggie suddenly recalls that she owns Chez Rouge and starts to spend most of her time there, leaving Victor to rattle around the K-Mansion by himself;

Except Marie left the convent decades ago and never returned.

I know, but the way they fit older characters into their narrative, while we knew nothing about it, she returned, and it now in charge. I'd love to see her in charge of Kate.

It would be nice to see Maree Cheatham as Marie again.

Yep, seen it as well, and based on the article in SOD it seems possible. We know 1 person doesn't make it - but if you go back to the Spoilers Jason posted - Adrienne was not in the picture. Spoiler # 58 in Spoiler !! Date announced. Pasting the picture so we can all see ...no Adrienne

74494386_1561431433999125_6390444275934429184_o.jpg

Back