O.K. Tell me what's the problem?

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that. I've never had problems here.

I love this site, actually started with Dustin's Day Ahead page. Have watched the show since the mid 70's, but missed a lot then, due to school, pre VCR days.

I don't post often, mostly due to time constraints at work, but do chime in once in a while. I read Donuts daily and enjoy your discussions, but haven't joined in.

I do miss seeing some past members post. Rew, Little Sweetness and others, makes you wonder what has happened to them. It does feel like a community and I very much enjoy reading and appreciate everyone who contributes.

Thanks for all you!!

I love this board, and would know nothing about the show without you, I don't have a DVR anymore to record it, and I never seem to find the time to watch it online, despite knowing that I can. I post when I can about the show, but not being able to watch sometimes makes it hard for me to comment.

Some of you have become like my second family and I treasure that as much as the show summaries. :love:

I love coming here and reading the posts, the spoilers etc.

I don’t post often anymore because of the show. I lost interest in the show when they put Sami and EJ back together, I actually stopped watching for awhile. Now I come here and read the daily updates to see if the show is worth watching for that day. Most of the characters and couples that I have rooted for have left the show or is leaving the show and I guess for me my interest is just not with the show like it was.

But I love this site and you are all doing a great job

I have posted many times that I am done with the show because of poor, sloppy writing, ridiculous plots, and bringing back dead people, etc. And yet, I still come here to read the daily spoilers and comments. I was recently on vacation for more than a week and didn't see the show at all, and I didn't miss it. But, the first thing I did when I came back was to read the summaries from the shows I missed.

I know that there are other sites for summaries and spoilers, but this one feels the most like a community of friends and people who enjoy talking to each other. I agree that there are several fewer people watching, but that has noting to do with this site, in my opinion. And I appreciate the rules we have here (no combo names, acronyms spelled out, etc.), because they add to the level of professionalism and respect you have established here and I am very grateful. Thank you to everyone who helps keep this going. We really do appreciate it (especially the part where you watch the show so we don't have to. I know it has to be incredibly frustrating, so THANK YOU!).

It is certainly not the message boards, it is the show. I love this board and the comments people make about the show. One of the main reasons I still have any interest in Days is the fact that I can come here, read the spoilers as to who is coming on or leaving, upcoming storylines, and comment/snark about the current show airing. I have watched this show since the mid-1980s, and through the years the show has had its ups and downs, but the last few years have been more down than up.
Totally agree. It's not this board. It's very well run and has good content. It's the plots. I've noticed on days when an episode consisted of dreary filler, relatively few people posted, but when it was much better than usual, there were plenty of posts. The same goes for the spoilers. When they are little more than misleading blurbs, there aren't too many posts, but when they preview something interesting, the number of comments picks up. Thus, if the writers stop giving the viewers wretched nonsense like Steve-ano, Princess Gina, Kristen-Brady, Gabi/Gabby and start providing some real relationships and romance, there would be many more posts on the board.

I guess I'm not the only old person on here. We love characters and get involved in their stories and feel bad, when they fade into the background or leave. It certainly isn't about the Hortons and Bradys anymore. I remember when Bo and Hope left in 87 I kept watching because I was so sure they would be back.

One trouble is, new writers want to create their own characters and sometimes just plain don't care established ones. I think some us got spoiled a while back when we read spoilers and could complain to writers and Corday. We followed actors all over to personal appearances and I think that has come to a halt too.

My ramblings for the day!!!

I read on here a lot but rarely comment. Every day, I'm just dying to see the recap of the show even though I will be home in a few hours and be able to watch for myself. I check the spoilers out frequently and enjoy reading the comments. My lack of commenting is normally because I don't feel like I have anything interesting to say.

I agree with what others have already said. I think I've said before that I probably wouldn't still be watching Days, if it weren't for this board. I rarely miss a day coming here and usually stop in several times a day, depending on what's happening in my little corner of the world. Sometimes I try to back off from posting because I feel like I'm hogging the space but I guess it's hopeless because here I am, all hours of the day or night. I appreciate being able to come here more than I can say.

The website comes up not secure for me too. Maybe someone can look into
that and fix it.
Kat,

There's really nothing to "fix". There is nothing insecure about the site itself. Especially since we upgraded today.

A year or two ago, the browser authors got together and decided to change their settings to try and force everyone in the world to use what they call "SSL Certificates", (Secure Socket Layer certificates). The problem is -- for the average hobby site such as this is -- that licensing and running SSL Certificate can be rather expensive.

The problem is that -- expense aside -- this is an issue caused by the settings in your browsers, NOT anything to do with the site itself.

If you guys *really* feel the need for me to investigate and maybe invest, I will, but I really hate the idea of spending money based on the flexible whim of the same consortium who're selling SSL certificates to begin with...

Wayne

Wayne that's ok. I was just letting someone else know that I see the same thing they did about
not being secure. I haven't had problems here so far

Poirot,

From my perspective, and I'll admit that I'm probably biased, I think you and everyone is doing a great job managing and operating the site. There is a normal ebb and flow to forum sites like this, and there are probably a million factors including the average length of viewership for the show itself. It's incredibly rare that any one person's life allows for them to stay devoted to a single show for "20+ years".

Take me for example. I started watching the show 20 years ago because my now ex-wife walked in the room while I was desperately ill one day and says "I'm going to watch Days, if you don't like it, feel free to get up and change the channel"... I was hooked. I also had a mostly sedentary work-from-home job back then which allowed me to spare an hour to watch Days at lunch. Fast-forward these 20 years, and it's seen me divorced, moving from job-to-job post 2008, indeed, moving between 5 different cities for these jobs, and working jobs with a much faster pace, and moving to Government work.

Then, 17 years later, getting remarried and moving to Florida (for another job) during which time, I can usually barely find an hour a day to focus on things, let alone Days...

The "problem" if there is one, as I see it is not with the fantastic job you guys are doing, but with the fact that viewership of Days itself is down. As their audience gets older, the show isn't bringing in younger viewers to replace them, so it's a natural event to see things slow down.

The only thing we can try to do is to figure out how to get the word out and get new people involved with the site.

For that, I'm absolutely open to ideas...

Wayne

Watching and loving the show.

The order of this forum has a vibe.
Corrections are understood, to maintain the vibe.
The vibe is why we are all here

Y'all are good people and the site needs the vibe.

There is no problem with the site, I love this place. My problem is the show. Current Days is getting on my last nerve. The characters they push as "heroes" are anything but. Everyone is miserable all the time and villains never pay. There are (many) episodes I simply can't force myself to watch.

Back