O.K. Tell me what's the problem?

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When we began this board, we wanted a safe place for Days discussions. No cussing, no attacking opinions not ours, various forums to express thoughts and ideas on different things. Truly went great for some years, but, it doesn't seem to be doing as well, & I don't know why. Is something missing. Is something not being provided?

Yes I see members who no longer post, tho I know they still visit. Is there a reason? The show itself? The forums? Boredom? What are we not doing/providing that is disappointing? Hey, this board is for you all. You can PM me if you would rather not elaborate here. But would really appreciate some feedback.

Thank you.

While I am not posting as much as I used to, I continue to enjoy coming here to read about days, comment when I want to, and like to get caught up with many of you on donuts but I'm not seeing disrespectful comments, opinions or others attacking each other.

In my opinion, my comments are met respectfully when someone disagrees, and hope mine come across respectfully too. I think people come to the defense of others and sometimes I may be called out for an expressed opinion of mine but if someone doesn't like it, at the end of the day that's their issue.

I like this board and not seeing what you are.

for me I'm not watching as much as I used to. It used to be on the dvr and I'd get to it while HB was cleaning the kitchen after dinner then we'd watch our normal night's shows.....
I post and then see that it's really snarky so I remove it.... or don't hit post......
The show is terrible..... slow, repetitive ..... major shocks leaked weeks to months ahead of the big reveal.... so who cares...I know I don't anymore.....

but I do come here and read frequently..... I'd be lost without some of my online friends....

Seems Days has hit the bare bottom. I tune in now and then depending on the spoilers with what is coming up, not the site, Poirot. It's the writers. They have ruined all we know and love about Days.

Poirot, I'm not sure exactly what you are asking about. Are you saying there are a lot fewer people using this board? I am aware of a few people who have left over the years for one reason or another, but it seems to me that those who are still here truly value the service provided AND the opportunity to chat with each other over DOOL and other life stuff.

I was reading this site several years before I joined. I mostly read the spoilers and enjoy the variety of comments. I just appreciate almost all the comments even if I don't totally agree. Everyone has their own opinion. I love DOOL and have watched it since the beginning in 1965. I'll never stop watching no matter how bad or long a story is.

I have never noticed anyone being rude. I've been corrected a few times when I've been wrong about something but it has always been done in a nice way. I truly enjoy this board because everyone is super nice and we all share a love of Days of Our Lives. I've watched Days since the beginning (yeah, I'm old!) and it's hard to remember everything from years ago but someone is always there to refresh my memory.

I guess I was just feeling that hardly anyone was posting anything, tho I would definitely say for a sweeps month, it has been a drag, disappointing for most story. It has not helped that NBC pre-empted so much for so long, especially in the eastern & central time zones. Well, you have eased my mind somewhat, ...I know we have lost posters...full time jobs, a move, a big life change, illness. Thank you all.

Sweeps month has not been very exciting. We figured most of it out a while back. The writers are really into recycling so it's not hard to see what's coming next. For example, we all know Ben will not die. We all know Ciara will rush in at the last minute and save him. We all know there's more to this tired old baby switch so maybe we will get a bit of a surprise there. I'm sure posting will pick up again if the writing improves enough to make us really care.

It is certainly not the message boards, it is the show. I love this board and the comments people make about the show. One of the main reasons I still have any interest in Days is the fact that I can come here, read the spoilers as to who is coming on or leaving, upcoming storylines, and comment/snark about the current show airing. I have watched this show since the mid-1980s, and through the years the show has had its ups and downs, but the last few years have been more down than up.

I read posts everyday, however I don’t post myself much because the website comes up as not secure. So I don’t like to sign in. Not sure if that’s the case with anyone else.

The website comes up not secure for me too. Maybe someone can look into
that and fix it.

Back