Oh, Jennifer????

Nope, I'm with Jen on this one -- although I think she's using the JJ/Daniel thing as a cover for her real beef, which is these clandestine meetings with Kristen. All he'd have to do is reveal to her why he's even talking with the town villainess, and Jen would totally be on board. But no, Dr. Dan's reverted to his egotistical, "I'm the only one who can fix this" side. And maybe his "love the one you're with" side as well.

Many have been complaining about the Jen/Daniel romance as being boring and a downer -- seems like the writers have found a way to break them up for good. I'm hoping they have a new dude (Rafe seems to be available) waiting in the wings for her.

Rafe and Jennifer? Heavens, no! He's too young for her, and he doesn't deserve her haggary! Plus, he already shared Kate with Daniel.

Maybe the Halloween stalker was Liam?? He'd been in that town following Jennifer ALL that time?:rotfl::rotfl:

But seriously, I think both of them are idiots. It was stupid of Daniel to dump Jennifer over the truth about Nicole, but I blame bad writing for that. He should've had just never reunited with her after how she believed he slept with Theresa. He was also kind of dumb for putting everything with her off--she was right in saying he never tried to work things out. It's a shame, because I used to think they were good for each other when they were first together.

Jennifer, however, has reverted into her terribly annoying, shrewish alter ego, Haggifer. I LOVED when Daniel called her out in doubting him over the Theresa debacle. But NO!!!! She can never accept responsibility for how she acts. Jack is dead, as someone here said. She should be glad JJ had a good male figure in his life. And if JJ wants to come to his mom for anything he will, or she can ask him what is going on in his life. Instead, she goes behind his back and gossips with Daniel. Totally immature and inappropriate. I, for one, can't wait till she finds out about the Dan-Kritter hookup. She'll blow up for sure! But the hag deserves it.

Daniel didn't break up with Jenn over the truth about Nicole. He broke up with her because she felt he lacked good judgement when it came to Nicole, was too easily manipulated by Nicole and ultimately she didn't believe he would ever tell Eric had Nicole refused to.

After that break up they never got back together and almost every time Jenn saw Daniel she pounded him with the same things proving that she didn't believe in him as a good human being. This final conversation only served to cement the fact that Jenn neither trusted or respected Daniel.

I just wish at the end Daniel would have said "I broke up with you months ago, maybe now you will get that".

I think Daniel understood how it looked to Jen, and he could not tell her because actually, he was protecting her son. A fact Jennifer never has really appreciated, though JJ did, and thus developed great trust in Daniel. Something his mother does not have.
And I think that if Daniel really thinks about it and her......just what would their life together be like if....perhaps they married. She still would resent JJ confiding anything with Daniel, would constantly want to know what he was talking about with whomever was with him when she followed him.
Jennifer said something to the effect that Daniel did not trust her enough to share with her these things she wants to know. As The Writer noted, Jennifer's scorecard in "trusting" Daniel's judgement is a big fat zero. Isn't she the one who followed him out to Horton Island, then got the appendix attack and the makeshift operation? Nosy Jen was sure he was up to something else.
I think it was in Daniel's nature to give Jen another chance after the "Theresa" debacle, and that is what the writers intended back then.

I am just wondering if Jennifer will really confide all she said and did in Mama. Jen really believes she is in the right, is being so generous to Daniel, and that she is being mistreated by him. For her to run and tell Eric what she heard while eavesdropping was unconscionable. She did not believe to trust Daniel to tell Eric if Nicole did not. So she ran lickety split to spill it all. Never having a word with Daniel first.
Suppose she just came thru the door right at the moment. There is both Daniel & Nicole, and now Nicole would know that Jennifer also knows what she did. She HAS to tell Eric, because now for sure he would find out via one of these two.
But heck, then we would not have Dan & jen break up, make up, break up, makeup going on endlessly after that, would we.?

That's the thing, as far as the Nicole situation goes. Jen, if she trusted Daniel, did not have to go to Eric. She could have either walked in and confronted Nicole or walked in after Daniel left and kept Nicole from leaving via small talk and nonsencical conversation until either Daniel or Eric arrived. I still believe Jen acted out of jealousy, in the hopes of destroying Daniel and Nicole's friendship, all while judging Nicole's similar behavior (shredding the papers.)

In any case, I think when Daniel said, "You think I don't play by the rules. I think you're too rigid," that summed up exactly why Daniel/Jen could never work long term. Sometimes opposites don't attract. Sometimes, like in this case, they're just too different and always in each other's way.

I was just gonna post that in order for any comments by Laura to be impactful, I think we need to see a cameo from Laura. Then I saw your comment about Alice, Teaspoon. That would have been great. I really do hope this brief absence moves these storylines forward.

My question is has Jennifer really changed that much? When I first started watching this show in late 1989, she was chasing after Jack and was quite persistent at it. Yes, I loved Jack and Jennifer as a couple and she was pretty tame once Jack admitted his love for her, however, Jennifer always was the more open, dominant personality in that relationship. For awhile she and Daniel seemed to be on even keel, but then she became more outspoken again and that's when the negative comments about the character seemed to start.

Take this scene with Jen and Eve. Does this really seem much different from the dialogue she has right now? The only difference to me is that now Jennifer directs her anger at Daniel whereas in this scene it was to Eve instead of Jack.

I agree, Heather. I think the big difference in the scene you posted is not only that Jen didn't get angry at Jack, but that she was automatically on his side. She did not believe for one second that Jack would willingly sleep with Eve. If she were to walk into Daniel's apartment right now, even though Kristen has a history of drugging and raping people it would not even occur to her for one second to question what happened--she would automatically assume Daniel was sleeping with Kristen to punish her.

So is Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) out, since the November sweeps have Dan and Nicole back together?

edited to add character name....JS

You know although it will never be brought up on the show again we can go further back than when Jenn believed Daniel slept with Theresa as the point where Jenn began to see Daniel differently.

I have to say that I think that when Jenn learned that Daniel had a relationship with Nicole when she was pregnant is when Jenn learned Daniel wasn't DrMcPerfect. That is when Jenn lost respect and trust in Daniel. However Jenn was so wrapped up in having to "save" Daniel that when events led to Nicole almost killing herself and Jenn subsequently reuniting with Daniel all was forgotten.

SarahBeth, you are so right. I kept wishing that the FIRST Nicole issue would have been brought in Daniel and Jennifer's conversation. They keep talking about the Nicole/Eric stuff, but Jennifer's issues with Nicole and Daniel go farther back. I wanted Daniel to bring it up and throw it in Jennifer's face that even when she was supposed to be grieving for Jack, she couldn't stop trying to control Daniel's actions.

Someone should point out to Jennifer it's not much of a relationship if you go running around trying to control your boyfriend's interactions with other women.

I actually thought Jen was fun when she first came back but WOW no more. She's a self centered, self righteous, know it all, holier than thou snot. She must like the sound of her own voice because she never shuts up long enough to hear how idiotic she is. I used to work with someone like her, even the supervisor couldn't get a word in edgewise. She was gone in 4 months. My mute button has Jennifer's name on it

Rafe and Jennifer? Heavens, no! He's too young for her, and he doesn't deserve her haggary! Plus, he already shared Kate with Daniel.
Jen turned Dr. Dan into whiny little boy so I'm thinking she'd have Rafe wetting his pants.

Agreed RF. And they should cc Paige on that memo, too. :)
Paige is turning into a Jennifer clone. She's soft and gushy on the outside but once you're hooked you'll break your teeth if you nibble.

Who hasn't shared Kate, or Dan for that matter.

Beloved Jennifer has turned into a neurotic, over zealous. jumping to conclusions, little witch.:rolleyes: Jennifer/Daniel has become the most horrible situation. I did love their coupling, but unfortunately, the writers hate happiness in any form.

JJ looks to Daniel as someone fatherly that he can confide in. Yes, Daniel was absolutely right in respecting what JJ confides in him. Telling Jennifer that it is up to JJ to tell his mother, is right as well. Jennifer become a jealous, old woman in every respect or should I say, NO RESPECT.:( ShaSha

replaced disguised cursing....JS
I love the interaction between JJ and Dan. He is so genuine and caring with JJ and as far as I have seen gives the young lad sound advice. At least Dan is there for him----unlike Queen Jen

Back