Olympics opening ceremony discussion

I'm done...thought it was over but he torch lighting comes nexg\t...was hoping foor Jude, as all join in...but sleep is upon me...lol

Looks like I missed the party! I've read all your posts though, and probably wouldn't have had the attention span to watch though all of it. Reading your comments was just about right for me. I got in on the bicycles with wings. And now there's the torch thing.

Earlier, my d-i-l said she told my grandson, age 6, that they were going to watch the Olympics at 7:00. He left the room and came back with his shoes on and asked, "What time are we leaving?"

Really, it all was rather spectacular. Meridith Viera did an interview with that Danny Boyle who created the entire show, asking how he EVER got the queen to agree to the stunt. He said she really has a dry sense of humor and agreed readily. and the announcers were really impressed themselves. Twas amazing.

And so, we finally learned what each of those persons with the gloves were carrying in the parade of athletes. One of those petals.....they were laid in particular places in a circle, and later lit with the torches, then up in the air and became that cauldron. Wow! Fabulous.

Am betting lots of reruns today. heck, I saw a rerun of the Queen & James Bond stint on ABC today.

Back