Peggy McCay (Caroline)

Oh, what a sad way to start my morning as I just found this thread. :sad:

Thank you for posting all the lovely tributes to this fiercely loving and talented woman. R.I.P. Peggy McCay -- you are missed. May God comfort and strengthen your family & friends.

Last edited:
stephen_e_nicholsWell Peggy, this is unexpected. The last time I saw you, you talked about how eager you were to get back to work. You said it with such conviction and longing. Don’t worry, you gave the world plenty. Gave your audiences inspired performances and your fellow actors your strength and inspiration and absolute love of the work. I will miss you sweet, Peggy. I am so grateful for the time I had with you . Sending love to your loved ones. Rest In Peace. #days#mamabradyforever

She posted several pictures

• katemansiOh Miss McCay
    There’s quite a bit I have to say.
    A word this morning came to me when I heard the news : hutzpah.
    When we first met, you weren’t so sure...but one press trip did it. We sat together & I listened as you practiced your rap. Yes a rap. I asked why rap? You said - “because I haven’t done it yet, have you?” I can still recall the way you fearlessly took that stage in your 80s, fearless & brave, to go beyond self comfort for the sake of growth & a good challenge. Every time I saw you in the makeup chair there was a giant ear to ear grin, a welcoming hug & then the same exact sentiment - “so hows the work?” Peggy, you had an endless & intense love affair with acting. It inspires me to this day. Like a kid in a sandbox, she truly couldn’t wait to roll up her sleeves & get to work. Watching Peggy portray her character’s Alzheimer’s while I felt I was losing my grandfather to it, brought me understanding, patience, and comfort. We talked often about how important that storyline was & the loneliness of being trapped in your own mind. You set the bar high. And up there, heaven just got a hell of a lot

• fun.

tamarabraunSad to wake to the news that Peggy has passed. Peggy McCay was kind, talented, strong, full of spunk and a true professional. I didn’t know her well but did have the pleasure of working with her once. I was nervous to run lines with her. She was a legend and so respected. You didn’t have to know her personally to know what a force she was. She must have been 80 when I worked with her and she was more with it than I was in my 30’s. #RIP Peggy. #legend#grace #respect #daytime

Back