Play Games?

K

ktspirit

I've been trying to follow along with the word game played here, and I get the jest, but have questions. It seems fun, so I want to know if there are specific rules, how you keep from posting over each other to keep it running, etc. I know, curiosity killed the KAT, yep my actual initials are KAT, lol.

I just started chiming in & doing what everyone else does!
You just take the emphasized word and make a sentence phrase etc with it.
Emphasize a word your self & the next person uses that word.
the person who uses the original word in a sentence along with the emphasized word ends the thread & starts a new game.
They get to pick their own word to start the new game
I hope if there are special rules, someone will let me know also!
I'll stay tuned on your post to see if I am missing the boat on anything at the Game thread.
Hope this helps a bit.
if not meet me in the corner...I think Rew might be mixing up a batch o' something soon!:drunk:

LOL, I'll take rew's batch o' something! I haven't actually studied and researched this game thread, lol, but I guess there's no order to post in, and maybe if two or more people posted close together, then the last one could just delete and try again?? Anyway, I admit I do tend to over-analyze things...lol.

KT has it right...and it rarely happens that two people post at the same time, but when it occasionally happens, the 2nd person to respond just goes back in and picks up with the new last word. I hope that made sense. LOL.

Ok, I'm trying this game, but why is the thread title not in bold print like the others?? Also, is it part of the game to add words that keep others away from the end, or is it just a who cares thing, LOL. I know, I know, I tend to try to figure out what the point is, lol.

Heck, I just posted at the same time as someone else today. When I saw that mine was 2nd, I went in, edited my post to continue the game with the new word.

It is sometimes interesting where the words lead you. I think the game is a variation on the one I have seen both Johnny Carson and Oprah do on their shows. They whisper a word/short sentence in someone's ear. That person whispers what they heard into the next person's ear, and it would go down a whole row of people, maybe two rows, and the last person says aloud what the word/sentence is. Gotta say it would get hysterical.

But here, it is interesting to see where individual minds go. When the thread gets too long, someone usually tries to steer the "word road" into a direction that will elicit getting the orignal one back. We have had it done in 37 posts, and have gotten close to or over 100. THAT is too long.

Well, it seems fun. I enjoyed looking at a couple of past threads to see what was going on, lol. Thanks all!

Back