How do you feel about Rafe and Hope?

• Like them

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Hate them

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
@Eras.............Just out of curiosity.....then why did you not choose "other"?

I don't like them as a pair. I really tried to today but no. It's only been 5 months since Bo died, five months since she loved Aiden, yet today she tells Rafe she hasn't been happy in a long time. Gee, 5 whole months. Why not be happy with your children first, not another man?

It's been what, maybe a week, maybe, in Salem time since Rafe said he loved her and kissed her and they are already ready to get naked on the couch.

@Eras.............Just out of curiosity.....then why did you not choose "other"?

I didn't want to use 'other" because I rather would have the negative option in regards for Rafe and Hope as a couple. And in truth I hate anything forced and well that is how I feel about the Rafe and Hope couple storyline in honesty.

I hate them together. I feel them being coupled together is a bit rushed. After a year maybe they could slowly work to come together but she did lose a husband a few months ago and had quite some traumatic events happen in her life for her to be interested in a man. I also don't see that fiery spark between the actors. They are "OK", but I felt that Hope and Aiden were a great match after Bo left. They just had that "IT" factor that not all couples have.

I also voted other, for a lot of the reasons already stated above. I like both Rafe and Hope, just not together. The age factor is a big problem for me, especially since Shawn and Rafe are approximately the same age and I feel that the show keeps Shawn away from Hope so that it is not obvious that Hope has a son that old. But those of us who have watched the show for a long time are aware of the age difference.

I, too always wanted Rafe to have a child of his own. I do want to stress, however, that it does not have to be his biological child. He can adopt. I want Rafe to have a young child that he helps to raise and will call him Dad. Ciara is already grown (and it would be even weirder if Shawn regarded him as a father figure even if he became his stepfather). For a time, he did help Sami with her children, but because Johnny and Sydney had EJ and Will and Allie had Lucas, they did not regard Rafe as their dad, and now he has no interaction with those kids since Sami is out of town with the younger kids and Will is dead.

I feel that there are other options for Rafe already on canvas. Nicole is one that comes to mind and they can either have or adopt a baby together. There is also Theresa if she ever wises up to dumb Brady. She has Tate but she can also have another baby with Rafe. There may be other options in the future.

As for Hope, she needs to deal with her emotional issues and dealing with her daughter as well as Aiden and Bo's deaths before she moves on to another relationship, hopefully with someone in her own age group.

I completely agree. Hope should be dealing with her issues just like Abby is hers. They were both victimized around the same time.

Also, I want to see Hope involved with her son and his marital issues and I want to see her helping take care of her granddaughter and not treating her as a friend of her daughter's. I need to see some solo Hope and Claire scenes.

I also need to see Hope back in Jennifer's orbit. She has always been her best friend not Kayla.

I can't get into the Rafe and Hope pairing, just don't see any chemistry between them. I wish the writers would give Nicole and Rafe a shot, really think they would be an amazing couple.

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate them both together and separate. I used to love Hope but she has changed into a nasty person. She killed Stefano and framed Andre and is a terrible mother to Ciara and Shawn Douglas plus I don't think she ever cared about Chase, she just tolerated him.

That said, I really have a problem with the age difference between the CHARACTERS, as portrayed on the show, and I do like each character on their own. I am not in favor of them being paired romantically, because I do not think it will be something that will last. But I do agree the show just has NO romance........just sex. It truly is a shame the mindset that goes -once they are married that is the end of happy. Baloney. What is at an end is writers' imaginations.
Yeah, Poirot, I agree, but NONE of the couple seem to last any more. I think there are more Rafe/Hope fans than things indicate, and I mean "as a couple". It depends on what you call romance or sizzling or whatever, it is in the eyes of the beholder. My idea of romance is probably much different than someone years younger. I don't mind the age difference either. My husband Is 10 years older than me and we just celebrated our 51st anniversary! And "just because there's snow on the mountain don't mean there ain't no fire in the furnace".

Also, I want to see Hope involved with her son and his marital issues and I want to see her helping take care of her granddaughter and not treating her as a friend of her daughter's. I need to see some solo Hope and Claire scenes.
This is an interesting statement. We have seen complaining about parents being too involved in their adult children's lives and then we want Hope to help Shawn. I'm sure you meant as a caring mother, that a meddling mother hen.

Back