Poll....what forums do you read?

What do you regularly read/come here to read?

• Daily Days

Votes: 46 80.7%
  • Crystal Ball

Votes: 55 96.5%
  • Today in Salem

Votes: 44 77.2%
  • Donuts

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Other forums

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • No other forums

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of late, have noticed posters asking questions, that have been discussed at length in other forums, or posting information, already posted, ignoring the daily summary, or not even realizing there ARE other forums here,

So, the question is.....Do you read most of the forums, just a few, which ones, and if only one or two, why?

Please post reasons for your choices (you do not have to say what they were.....and multiple is allowed)

Voted

I go to all the forums, but I don't read everything.

Thanks to everyone who keeps the board going :)

Last edited:
As you all well know, I read ALL the forums, and ALL the threads/posts, no secret. And sure, not all at one time, or in one day, we all have lives, jobs, families, homes, other obligations. Just know that, to me, every single post is important, as it is the thoughts of someone who took the time to share with us all.

I voted. I don't have time to read as much as I used to, but I always read Donuts and then Today in Salem, more than once in a day, usually. When I have time I read a few threads in Crystal Ball, and occasionally, Daily Days. Some of the time I also look at the headlines on chapel and Daze and Knights and a couple of others, to see if there is anything I want to check out further.

When I read a thread I start at the beginning and read through the post and then all the comments. If there are already several pages of comments, I may read a page or two at a time, and come back later for another page or two, until I catch up.

A big thanks to everyone who keeps the board running, and to all who add their thoughts!

I read mostly The Crystal Ball, but I look at anything on the Home screen as most recently commented threads. So any forum really, if it's on the home screen, I'm gonna read it. I don't post much in the donuts thread, but I do sometimes. Come here mainly to talk about Days and read spoilers.

Thank you to the moderators.

I voted. I always read Donuts and Today in Salem. I try to read as much as I can all over, although I don't post much, as I'm usually late to the conversation. I love the Cookbook and Just For Laffs, too!

I voted. I usually just read Daily Days and Chrystal Ball. Occasionally read others, but mainly those two. I watch the show daily so have no need to read daily summaries.

I usually just read whatever is visible on the first page when I click on Forums / New Posts. If I've watched a show and want to comment on that show in particular, I go to that summary write up in Today in Salem. I've chosen not to read as many spoilers lately, but sometimes I'll go into Crystal Ball. The other forums I visit less frequently, but certainly will if something catches my eye. I don't normally go there on my own, though.

Thank you, Poirot, for reading every post - that could get overwhelming quickly! I value everyone's thoughts, too, though I don't read them all. I don't think I would know how to go about finding every single unread post! Shew... wow!

Edited to add: oh yeah! I also like to read the Tweetmobile... usually even if I'm not really reading spoilers. Which can spoil some things, but... I've been warned. LOL!

Last edited:
I read threads that catch my eye, regardless of what forum they're in. Some stuff from more TV talk, daze & knights, in addition to the Days-related forums and donuts.

I'll read any forum that catches my eye, usually from the home page. I do get behind often and have posted about something that was addressed in another forum or thread I hadn't read yet.

The first forum I usually read is Donuts, then on to the show, lol.

I voted. I usually come in and read the daily summaries, crystal ball, and daily days, and will join in the conversation if there is something I want to note and it has not already been posted. I also read donuts if I have time but I come in really late so I don't always join in. I will also read other forums if they show up on the home page and it catches my eye.

I read mostly The Crystal Ball, but I look at anything on the Home screen as most recently commented threads. So any forum really, if it's on the home screen, I'm gonna read it. I don't post much in the donuts thread, but I do sometimes. Come here mainly to talk about Days and read spoilers.

Thank you to the moderators.

Ditto that, DaysLady! I love the Crystal Ball but look at all forums.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You again, Moderators.

I voted. I almost always stick to Today in Salem and the Crystal Ball. I started coming here years ago just to read the Day Ahead summaries to keep up once I'd mostly stopped watching on TV. I switched to Today when the Day Ahead feed was cut but my curiosity often got the better of me so I started reading the spoiler board too. That's really pretty much all I have time for but this place is always a nice escape and I really do enjoy reading other people's impressions and ideas. In my opinion, it's a much more civilized space than other boards I've visited from time to time and I very much appreciate all the work that Barb and the moderators put in to keep it that way.

Back