Positive thoughts

missharleyquinn

Reaction score
I thought it might be nice to start a thread about the good things on the show as of late. Anything that makes you happy, be it stories or wardrobe.

I've noticed the lighting has gotten way, way better- especially Friday. We had sunlight coming through John & Marlena's window, a lot of sun in the square. There was even light in the coffee shop from the window. Nicole's office the other day seemed to have office-type lighting, not just a couple of lamps here and there.

We are seeing a lot of different places, even if they're just half-sets or limbo sets. Not everyone is living in Salem Inn or meeting in town square.

Hair, makeup and wardrobe seem to be a little more toned down (by this I guess I mean more realistic). Everyone looks great, but they don't necessarily have hairstyles that they'd have been in a salon for hours to have (Abigail's ponytails, for example).

I'm enjoying that even when they are reusing the same set in an episode, it still looks different

I'm loving Steve/Kayla, John/Marlena and other vets getting much needed screen time and purpose

Rafe being a detective again

Parts of Hope's house being seen and more of the Brady Pub

Oh, I agree about the lighting. It's much more realistic to have "sun" shining through windows as the lighting than a bunch of standard set lights overhead. Although, there were some scenes with Kayla and Steve, I think (or maybe it was Joey), in her office where the lighting was very harsh and too bright. But overall the lighting has been great as has the sound effects and other production values (like Chad's hazy memories from the night Serena was killed).

I like the longer scenes and the fleshing out of dialogue in them. I think longer scenes lend themselves to more character-driven story lines as opposed to plot-driven.

I like that the new writers have taken their time with relationship building so far but have been quick to fix the stupid mistakes of the last regime (i.e. Rafe back on the force, Kate dumping Clyde, Nicole being more self-assured and self-reliant, much less Daniel, more vets, etc.).

Most of these are things we have moaned about, so I really like the fact that they have paid attention to these smaller things (lighting, makeup, phone rings, outside noises, ordinary things. I have a good idea for all those too short dresses, use them as tops over slacks, capris, etc. :wink:
Josh Griffith (co-headwriter) said in an interview how happy he was to be writing for a show he always watched, loved, and his first thought was.....what would I like to see. I think making Albert Alarr an exec producer was a stroke of genius, as both he & Josh like to be down on the floor, watching the filming. Josh said being there, you see what is working, what needs tweaking, or to be discarded. Yayyyyy.

Realistic and varied cell phone tones/rings. Oh, and everything mentioned above - seems as if everything from staging, lighting, producing, sound effects, directing, writing, wardrobe, hair and make-up and acting are showing vast improvements.

positives -
* Ej is still dead! (knocking on wood- let him stay that way!)
* Patch is back on my screen. (Can I get a Hallelujah, please?)
* the spoilers that I'm not allowed to say in daily days. ba dum tiss.
* finally read Friday's episode- so I can add - BO IS BACK ON MY SCREEN! yay, now if we can get him rescued, that'd be great. haha

This is tricky! I like a lot of the show right now- heck, I like all of it, so long as they keep EJ dead and far far away.

Last edited:
Nicole's dresses are still too tight! If she wants to run a business she needs to look more professional, not the profession she is dressed for currently....if you get my drift...

Back