product placement today (Wed., 6/4)

The midol one in yesterdays was sooooooooooo obvious!!!!!!! Abigail sounded like she was in the damn commercial!!!!!!! i was like are you kidding me right now...only in salem

edited to write out text-speak....write out your words!!!! JS

Not sure if it was product placement or not but I remember back when Bo and Hope had the bounty hunting business, they had a huge Chevy Tahoe or Suburban. I think that was the truck that Chelsea hit Zack with as well. It was never mentioned by brand but it was clearly a Chevy.

I was watching a Hallmark movie earlier and noticed the Quaker products in the kitchen. I've seen this in other Hallmark movies too. Subtle yet effective. They have the products out on the counter or kitchen table and do a close enough shot of the product name without getting too close to it.

That Chinese food commercial could have been done better so easily. At their home, Sami finds the wrapper, asks what's this? Rafe says "sshhh, I was gonna take the kids to your gramma's for chowder, but they did not want chowder, so...this was in the freezer. The secret to your success with Chinese food. Ha. Boy, sure is easy, and the kids loved it. So did I..."

At least, they would not have been in a restaurant. LOL

Galen Gering (Rafe) tweeted this to Eric Martsolf (Brady) and Kate Mansi (Abby):

galen geringVerified account@ galengering3h
My god! does anyone know where I can get some Midol?! @ ericmartsolf @ KateMansi

:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Edited: fixed character name for Eric M. Thanks TheWriter. :)

It's funny, because I saw that tweet and wondered what the heck that was about. I hadn't seen the episode yet, but I knew it had to be some kind of inside joke. Now it makes sense!! :rotfl:

I watched an old show last night from the Hallmark Channel...and when the "boy" proposed to the "Girl", he opened up a ring box and showed it to her across the table... Open, the inside top of the box had KAY Jewelers printed on the white satin liner...which, I would suppose actually is on all their boxes. Not a word about the company was spoken, but visually the print was front and center. This on a nighttime show...I was surprised there was nothing said.

That's what Hallmark Channel does best. As I said with the Quaker products, many of their movies feature Quaker cereals and other products on the counter or table. Sometimes characters are eating the cereal too. But never a brand mention.

I've seen the Kay Jewelers boxes several times as well. I think they became involved back when Dr Quinn Medicine Woman was running in syndication as Jane Seymour designs a line for Kay Jewelers.

@AGUY & WHIZGIDGET....She said "no" and they didn't kiss...and I was relieved because the new guy on the scene was much nicer, caring, attentive, etc, etc, etc!! But they weren't at that point yet....tune in to the end of the show and there was the BIG KISS SCENE!!!

Back