Queen Elizabeth died

Have to say, the British really love their Pomp & Ceremony. Those involved practiced for 3 or 4 days last week, to insure that it all was perfect! The walks by the soldiers were so long, I have no idea how they lasted for all those hours. And the thousands upon thousands of citizens lined up just to see the casket go by. God Bless them all, may the Queen rest in peace.

Poor little Princess Charlotte broke down during the procession.

b8e4fe6ae5364dd9b49ee0dbb3a60147.jpg

I know how exhausting it is to lose a loved one, several on this board understand the loss, grief but to have to go through this so publicly has to be so much more difficult.

I watched from midnight to 4 am after they removed the Queen from the Abbey, I headed for bed, later watched the remaining of the procession from my DVR this early afternoon.

Just a few of the many facts about Queen Elizabeth for you to enjoy guys!

Thanks to Mr. Google who helped put together this tiny list of some of the millions of great areas of information surrounding Queen Elizabeth her life, family and just interesting facts.

According to royal biographer Robert Lacey, speaking to The Sunday Times back in 2006, the Duke of Edinburgh affectionately called his wife 'Cabbage'. She was also known as Lilibet to many. It has been speculated that the name comes from the French "mon petit chou" which means "my little cream puff". However, the literal English translation is "my little cabbage."

She leaves behind at least four dogs — two corgis, one cocker spaniel and one dorgi (a dachshund corgi hybrid that the Queen is credited in originating). Their names are Muick, Sandy, Lissy and Candy, respectively.

Why blue is the Queen's favorite color. Many have wondered what Her Majesty's favorite color is - until now. Vogue magazine has studied every outfit she has worn in the last 12 months and found that blue is known as royal for a reason. It is also truly that she did not like beige. Given her small stature, Elizabeth shunned from wearing beige as it stopped her from being spotted in a crowd

Queen Elizabeth II was born at 2.40 am on April 21, 1926.

She was the only person in the UK allowed to drive without a licence.

She celebrated two birthdays. Queen Elizabeth II's birthday was on April 21, but she also had an official birthday that is celebrated in June. Sovereigns whose real birthdays fall in colder months have often celebrated later in hopes of better weather.

She was crowned Queen on June 2, 1953.

She was the longest reigning monarch ever in Britain.

As Queen, she was served by 15 UK Prime Ministers.

She never went to school.

She was related to her late husband. Philip and the Queen were married for 73 years and were third cousins through Queen Victoria.

She had her personal fashion designer.

One of the jewels in the crown is a diamond from India.

She was the longest-reigning monarch.

She doesn't need a passport or driver's license.

Back