Queen Elizabeth died

Does anyone know just when that playing of the Star Spangled Banner occurred? The people are very emotional, and so many placing hands over hears, tears,.....am wondering if it was when John F. Kennedy died ?

Also, I will say this this....I was very fortunate many years ago, to be standing outside those gates, watching the changing of the Guard. It was a very moving, well executed change. (a DIFFERENT group of guards replaces the previous group......but it is done with much pomp and ceremony. Impressive!

P.S. The queen has passed a year after her husband. It is also 25 years since Princess Diana died in the auto accident.

Does anyone know just when that playing of the Star Spangled Banner occurred? The people are very emotional, and so many placing hands over hears, tears,.....am wondering if it was when John F. Kennedy died ?
Yup, as Kat said, right after 9/11. Apparently the first time a British monarch ordered the guard to play a foreign national anthem in that setting.

And after the 7/7 terror attacks in Britain, the US Marine Band, from what I have heard, played God Save the Queen.

This is one of my favorite pictures of the Queen, taken 6 years ago with her two youngest grandchildren and her great-grandchildren. At that time, Princess Charlotte (William and Kate's daughter) was the youngest.

6535.jpg

No, he has not chosen the name yet......so, Philip, Arthur, & George are the other names (the monarch can choose from his first name or the middle ones.

9/13/01 - two days after 9-11 occurred

They haven't picked his kingly name yet. I don't think he'll be Charles III. Charles I and II had bad runs.
Yes - it's Charles III

Last edited by a moderator:
Back