Red Squirrel

Squirrel was able to come and post last night...in the Donuts thread......so for those of you who don't read it......this is an update from her......

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Good evening everyone. Doc thinks this nasty type A flu is just about whipped so started treating the pneumonia. My temp is down from 104 F to 100 F. Now I'm just my normal crazy instead of incoherent crazy.
Still in isolation. The staff has to gown, mask, glove, hair covers, and booties to come in my room. I have no idea what some of them look like. Others are long time friends of mine or my brother's.

Tried to upload a photo from my phone, but I keep getting an error message. It is on Facebook for those of you who can see it there. Maybe Poirot, Myst, or Katmouse can figure out how to get it here. It is of a painting that was delivered to my room today. It is a canvas with flowers made from the handprints and footprints of a precious 5 month old little boy. His mom made me an honorary great aunt before he was born, and I love him to pieces.

Typing this with my left hand is tiring. My right hand and wrist are immobilized. Long story. Will tell it tomorrow.

Shirley,
Glad you're feeling better now, and I hope that you will be able to go home soon. But at least keeping you in the hospital will stop you from overdoing it when you do get home! :rolleyes:
Hugs,
Joan

Well, Squirrelly was doing well, feeling much better yesterday, but has had a bit of setback, though her temp has not gone back up. However, she is not feeling good, has some stomach and other issues, they don't know if it is due to new med, or some food. She does have a lot of allergies.
But she not only had that TypeA really bad flu, but has pneumonia as well.

Thanks for letting us know Poirot. It might take awhile
before she's up and around.

What a beautiful painting. I love the colors. Hugs and prayers. Get Well soon

Turns out it WAS some new meds, (they were giving it orally instead of via IV,) so now orders are in to return to getting via IV. Poor gal. She is still in quarantine, with everyone who comes in for any reason all covered up.

She's always been so kind, caring & light hearted. I hate reading this set back she has but will keep her in my thoughts for comfort & strength.

Get well soon RedSquirrel. :)

rs, just posted this in today's donut post http://www.salemspectator.com/threads/1-29-2015-donuts-and-sausage-biscuits.26183/#post-539881

Hi everybody. Thank you for all of your prayers and good wishes. I'm getting sprung this afternoon. I have some restrictions for the next month, but I'm ok with them.
Doc told me to order lunch because I won't be out of here until 1:00 or 1:30. Yep, right when Days is on.
Already talked to my cousin to let her know. She's driving 1 hour in freezing rain to come and get me. She said she's even going to clean out my fridge while at my house. There has to be some nasty slimy stuff in there after 8 days. Cucumbers and sour milk come to mind. Oh yuck!
Then she's going to do grocery shopping for both of us.

:) Now, Now, Squirrelly. Everything is going to be all right sweetie. I was just sitting here wondering if they had to get a vet to come in to care for our favorite Squirrel? If not, Glory be to God, sorry I did not get to write to you sooner, but I had a small teeny weeny heart problem my self, and had to persuade the Doctors to give God a chance, and let us use the meds that is available to keep my one artery open, and they left me home, but can only be up, and on the computer for a short time.

God loves us, and has a major Hand in our healing. Luckily I had a fine Christian man who turned out to be one fine Cardiologist, and so he left me stay home, and things are healing, so the praise goes once again to my wonderful Father in Heaven. He loves all creatures sweetie, and most of all, He loves us, His children, and will be there for us. Got to leave for now.

angel prayers.jpg

Back