SPOILER !! Returning actor (Joseph Mascolo/Stefano)

While I will really enjoy seeing the last few scenes with Joe Mascolo (Stefano), hearing that he died from complications of Alzheimer's, I wonder if he was up to the job to film these scenes?

I will go with the faith that the crew and actors would not harm the man they had come to love over the years. But I must admit elder abuse was the first thing that entered my mind when I read this news.

Reactions: jgk
His wife said he didn't decline (rapidly) mentally until shortly before he died. She also seems like she was extremely protective of him. So I doubt this was a case of the show taking advantage of the actor due to his illness. Plus, the scenes would've been taped around early August.

It'll be interesting to see if the Prague group actually sees Stefano. Or if we (the viewers) only see him. Or if maybe he's a ghost or dream of another character, like Hope, Marlena, Andre or Chad.

On The Bold and The Beautiful, there was a crazy character named Sally Spectra. The actress who played her, Darlene Conley, died in 2007. But they've kept the character alive, by occasionally mentioning that she's on an exotic island, sipping drinks and eyeing up handsome cabana boys. Just thought it was an interesting way to keep the character alive, as well as the memory of the actress who portrayed her.

I believe from the SOD spoilers that he is caught and then escapes again. There is a photo of him in a jail cell.

I'm certainly not surprised but glad this is finally confirmed. This will probably also be the episode that they dedicate to his memory.

JPI_Episode13018_0001603592-1024x683.jpg

Back