RUMOR - upcoming storyline

It would make the most sense, unless Rolf was able to grow a new heart in a FrankenLab somewhere. Or Julie actually got psycho Dr. Shah's heart instead of Stefan's back then.

IF this is the case, I want to see a crazy story where Julie and Stefan are drawn together because his heart beats in her chest. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
If Rolf can grow new hearts, this clears the way for the return of the drooling Love Doctor, Daniel Jonas himself, to return to Salem without demanding his old heart back from Brady. And this would be just the right time for the Love Doctor to reappear. With Dr. Trippy gone and Sarah half bonkers, poor Kayla is short of help. And with all the bedtime action currently under way, the handsome Dr. DanTan would have numerous opportunities to jump right back into Salem's non-stop boinkathon.

There are very few funerals in Salem because Dr. Rolf has all the dead people in cold storage. He thaws them out when he needs an essence or spare parts. Apparently, the not-so-good doctor can regrow donated organs that have been donated. Maybe he just goes to the recipient and takes the organ back. Who knows? More importantly, who cares!

I have many thoughts on this debacle. I prefer Stefan. I think he was a better character—especially since they're hellbent on making Jake an executive instead of letting him be a mechanic. BUT what in the ever loving blankety blank is this mess of killing and swapping characters to hang onto actors instead of writing good stories and knowing what they're doing with the story? The escape hatch of Rolf's psycho science lab is the worst feature of Salem.

More and more spoilers indicate that this is what will come to pass. Especially with Gabi saying that Stefan was the love of her life. At least it is the same actor so it won't be like a new recast person. Still stupid.

They really flopped it because of the shooting schedule. I agree with Tina, the use of Rolf is getting tedious.

Why did it never occur to them to have Stefan have a family emergency (you know, his real family who raised him to be a billionaire) that took him out of Salem for a while? Then when they realized the recast changed fans' perception (along with no longer writing him as Abby's stalker), he could return.

Instead we get secret twins, swapped organs, goofy Frankenscience - but only when the actor is suddenly available again.

It's why I don't even care who killed Abby.

Dumb question: If Rolf does bring back Stefan Zero, how long will it be until he starts badgering the mad scientist to resurrect Abigail so he can be reunited with his beloved alter, "Gabby?" Sure. this would be a sick plot, but it's no worse than much of the dreck that the writers have already foisted on the long-suffering viewers.

Last edited:
Adding Stefan’s “essence” doesn’t make him Stefan. It’s still Jake. This is so annoying. Since they love love triangles, a Gabi/Jake/Stefan triangle might have been interesting. Maybe the actor doesn’t want to play twins full time, but they could limit the frankenscience to just reviving the dead and bring back Stefan. Or have a swap of Jake and Zombie Stefan that gets slowly discovered by Gabi. She can discover Jake’s being held somewhere and have to make a choice. Lots of options for bringing back Stefan, who never should have been killed off, without this “essence” nonsense. They need to stop killing characters for temporary convenience.

Back