Sarah is already annoying!!!!!!!

SarahBeth

Reaction score
She hasn't been in town for a month. All she knew of Eric before she came to town is that he is the drunk driver who killed her brother. They have hung out just a couple of times. And now she thinks that Eric is the right person to raise Holly. If anything, she should think that Nicole was nuts to fall for the guy who killed her fiance. I am over this character already. Her advocating for Eric makes me want to puke.

Also it is ridiculous that anyone thinks that Eric who has no real bond with Holly and is not related to her at all, should be raising her. Holly doesn't know him at all. They never spent any real time together. If not Maggie as her guardian, the next person to have a bond with her is Chloe who carried her, birthed her and is the mother of her brother, which would be a much better choice.

Nicole made Eric promise to take care of Holly because she was about to be burned alive. She was not of sound mind at that point. And the last person who would have any real knowledge of Nicole and what she would have wanted for her child is Sarah, who never even met Nicole. Sarah needs to shut up and sit down.

All she knew of Eric before she came to town is that he is the drunk driver who killed her brother. They have hung out just a couple of times.
Granted, they've had no contact for decades, but they spent a lot of time together as little kids. So she did know him as more than the drunk who killed her brother (that she never met).

The thing is, Nicole loved Eric very much, he was the love of her life, and ....she did not say to him, make sure Chloe raises Holly.....she wanted him to do it.
As for Sarah.....I do not know why the show has rushed her insinuation into family stuff so soon after her arrival, especially with her being gone from Salem for years and years.

Poirot the problem is that Nicole was about to be burned alive and not of sound mind so she said that to Eric in the heat of the moment. She didn't take the time to think it through and go to a lawyer to establish Eric as who would care for Holly if anything were to happen to her. She did however establish with a lawyer after much thought that she wanted Chloe to care for her and be raised with her half-brother. I have gone through the process of establishing guardianship when I die and it takes a lot of thought and is a process so that it's not a in the heat of the moment thought.

Well, yes, Nicole did.......after Xander blackmailed her into marrying him, and she thought he would probably kill her, she wrote out the letter to Chloe. She gave it to a lawyer in Nashville. She did not, though, make a legal document, done by the attorney, specifying that Chloe was to be guardian. And she did say, in her letter to Chloe, that Brady destroyed any chance she had to be with Eric, which is what she wanted. But Brady forced her to leave Eric in the lurch, disappear. This is not an easy thing for anyone. Nicole loved Eric, and what makes you think she was not of sound mind? She knows she wrote that letter, and she could just as easily said to Eric to help Chloe raise Holly, but she didn't.
However, this thread you began is about Sarah, suddenly sticking her nose into things, and I do agree that the writers on Days have pushed the character too quickly into things which don't concern her.

Well Nicole taking the time to formulate a plan to write a letter and secretly find a lawyer that Xander knew nothing about is a lot more thought than "Oh dear God, I am going to burn to death" after having to stick her baby through a hole to keep her from that fate. Those are completely frantic thoughts which means she was not of sound mind.

As for Sarah, there's nothing that they can do to make her have a truly informed opinion of who should raise Holly other than Maggie. And why the heck is Maggie so willing to give her grandchild to an unrelated man to raise when she just got her back in her life. It's not like she doesn't have the time or the resources to give her a great upbringing.

Another thing that Sarah said that was very troubling is that Eric needs Holly. So what. Eric's needs are of zero consideration in what is best for Holly. I wanted to throw something at the tv when she gave that as reasoning. Yep, Sarah is annoying.

What do you want to bet that Nicole gets resurrected only to come back to Eric and Sarah in love raising Holly together, after possibly having a quickie marriage in order to get custody. But I think in order to do that they would have to kill off Xander and he is just too good of a bring-back-the-bad-guy for a short run character.

Then again, the towel came out today and that is usually an indicator of an upcoming triangle so we may have to endure Sarah being something Eric and Brady will feud over in the future.

Well, any legal professional will say there is nothing legal about anything that Nicole did. As Dr. Baker noted in another thread (and he is one) what kind of attorney did Nicole seek out in Nashville. Her letter to Chloe is not legal in a court of law.
As to Sarah, she needs to step back and out. Her mother is in her 70s, would be hard pressed to raise an active toddler, thus......yep, the ever present nanny.

Yes there would be a nanny but when isn't there in the K mansion. lolol

I actually think Sarah does have a right to insert herself in this situation as she is Holly's aunt. I'm surprised that she hasn't thought of maybe raising Holly herself maybe with her mom. I know I would have wanted to raise my nephew God forbid something happened to his parents. I'm not sure I understand the bond that Sarah and Eric have. I don't think that had been written well, it feels very rushed and forced. I think Sarah as character would be very likable but I don't think the writing for Sarah has been good at all. It is a real shame because I think we were all excited to have Sarah back on the show.

I actually like Sarah, she actually speaks her mind and doesn't seem wimpy. Does she meddle in other people's business, yes, however she IS Maggie's daughter. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as Maggie is quite the busy body into others' business herself.

I have a hard time with this Sarah because the actress playing her is too young. I really wanted them to cast Melissa Archer (ex Serena) as Sarah Horton. She was around the age they needed for Sarah to play. Plus, she had a lot of chemistry with Greg Vaughn (Eric) so that I could have bought them as a couple. This Sarah and Eric do not work well together as a couple in my opinion.

If they really wanted this actress, then she could have been a recast Stephanie or Melanie.

Sarabeth I totally agree with your opinion on Sarah and Eric.

He is always so depressed. She is the most annoying person I've ever seen on Days.

I wish they'd fall in love and take a hike. Permanently. Don't like either one of them, not one iota, not at all.

Hope Nicole comes back and finds a new great love.

In reality, Eric was horrible to Nicole a lot of times. He was condescending and did not trust what she would say to him. He hurt her a lot.

I don't know why she would want him. He killed her child's father for God's sake.

OH yes this is a soap, so reality it is not!

Jen67 I agree she is too too young.

Did Nicole actually say to Eric to raise Holly? I think she said take care of Holly. In other words, get her out of this burning building and get her to Salem where she will be taken care of. If you also remember, Eric didn't do that, Brady did. Eric didn't want to leave Nicole. I think Nicole remembered that letter and meant for Eric to get Holly to her safely.

I don't understand why Sarah and Maggie would want a man that killed the father of the child to raise that child. DUH.

Sarah: Let's see, he killed my brother but what the heck, is cute and I want to bed him soon.
Maggie: Well. Let me think. He killed my son but I want you to be happy Sarah.

Me: Beat me on the head with a sledge hammer if I ever do this please.

She hasn't been in town for a month. All she knew of Eric before she came to town is that he is the drunk driver who killed her brother. They have hung out just a couple of times. And now she thinks that Eric is the right person to raise Holly. If anything, she should think that Nicole was nuts to fall for the guy who killed her fiance. I am over this character already. Her advocating for Eric makes me want to puke.

Also it is ridiculous that anyone thinks that Eric who has no real bond with Holly and is not related to her at all, should be raising her. Holly doesn't know him at all. They never spent any real time together. If not Maggie as her guardian, the next person to have a bond with her is Chloe who carried her, birthed her and is the mother of her brother, which would be a much better choice.

Nicole made Eric promise to take care of Holly because she was about to be burned alive. She was not of sound mind at that point. And the last person who would have any real knowledge of Nicole and what she would have wanted for her child is Sarah, who never even met Nicole. Sarah needs to shut up and sit down.
This whole statement is so true that I just wanted to post it again SarhBeth! Thank you.

Did Nicole actually say to Eric to raise Holly? I think she said take care of Holly. In other words, get her out of this burning building and get her to Salem where she will be taken care of. If you also remember, Eric didn't do that, Brady did. Eric didn't want to leave Nicole. I think Nicole remembered that letter and meant for Eric to get Holly to her safely.

I had the same thought. Nicole saying take care of Holly did not mean raise Holly. I thought it meant make sure she ends up safe and loved...probably with Chloe!! Eric is not especially selfless here.

Sarah is worse. She has been an annoying buttinsky from the beginning. I cannot take her seriously as a respected physician, ever since she got drunk and behaved like a complete fool upon her arrival. The flowered dress, with the cutesy peter pan collar and cuffs...is that supposed to make her look like a good little girl? All in all, the character serves no credible purpose on the show. Too bad.

Last edited:
Maybe Nicole’s letter to Chloe was notarized which could be revealed later if the
lightbulb in the writers brain actually goes on.

Back