• Yes

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming Guy Wilson (Will) for the storyline; I think he's doing a fantastic job of portraying Will as a despicable, immature brat. What I was trying to say was that I can't imagine the version of the character that Chandler Massey (former Will) played before doing this.

The Will back then did some dumb things (working for EJ and always yelling at Sami, even though at times, that was justified, lying about Arianna and Gabi's pregnancy), but he was so in love with Sonny and also had no self-esteem. The way Will's character changed when Chandler Massey (former Will) was replaced never really showed as deep of a love for Sonny--this Will always took him for granted and put his career first.

I'll support Daysde's notion a bit here. I firmly believe that the writers have shifted Will to reflect Guy Wilson's talents. Soaps often recast in order to take a character "in a different direction." The opposite sometimes happens, too, and I think that's what happened here. Just my opinion.

For what it's worth, I would hate this story for its implausibility and cheapness even if it was Sir Laurence Olivier and Dack Rambo in the leads. :)

It is amazing how people are saying for Sonny to kick Will out. If Will is kicked out into the cold also goes Arianna since Sonny has no legal claim to her and I know Sonny would never do that to her.

It is amazing how people are saying for Sonny to kick Will out. If Will is kicked out into the cold also goes Arianna since Sonny has no legal claim to her and I know Sonny would never do that to her.

We all know Sonny wouldn't kick Will and Ari out on the street. He's nothing like EJ Dimera! I'm pretty sure Sonny would go stay at the K-mansion if he thought he couldn't be under the same roof as Will.

The poll is closed but yes I think they should divorce, not because of Will's infidelity but because as good as the story was, Will was too new to discovering himself and coming out to be tied down to marriage so soon.

It is a soap so they like many in the past, present and will in the future can divorce now to later reunite maybe even remarrying. It brings to mind that saying about "If you love something set it free. If it does not come back it was never yours to begin with".

I'm torn about this. On the one hand, I really want Will and Sonny to work through this with therapy both individually and together. I do think the marriage is salvageable.

On the other hand, Eric also needs therapy to deal with whatever it is that's causing him to be so angry and hateful. But the writers haven't written that. So I have no faith they can effectively write this for Will and Sonny. Also, this does seem like a typical situation where you have 2 young people getting married too quickly. I know it works in a lot of cases but the are also a lot of cases where you see divorces by age 30. People mature, don't mature, choose a different career path, etc.

What I'd like to see is Will and Sonny separating temporarily while each gets individual therapy. Then as time goes by and they miss one another, bring them together for therapy. I'd like to see Rafe get temporary custody of Arianna during this time so that she had a grounded influence in her life. Plus it gives him a storyline--let him meet a me potential love interest during this time as well.

Remember when Bo and Hope went to therapy to deal with Zack's death (after they reunited when Hope was pardoned for the Nighttime Hope stuff)? Lasted a few episodes, at most.

Like you said, Heather, I don't trust the writers to do that type of story any justice for Will and Sonny.

I didn't at all expect that Days' first gay couple wouldn't make it a year before one of them cheated. I have always thought that tptb were trying too hard to write Sonny as just the perfect guy (even though you know I feel he was too eager to help Will out of the closet).

But now that Sonny has screwed up royally by putting all the family funds up for the club that failed, it pales in comparison to how Will has treated their relationship. I almost wish that Sami was back so she or at least someone would call Will out for his hypocrisy on her infidelity to Rafe and the way he royally raked her over the coals for it. I hope that Sonny hasn't even scratched the surface of giving Will, hell but he won't because of Ari.

The couple was having problems long before Sonny used their savings. Will was always too busy to talk with Sonny, (article about DiMeras) and then whoosh, he was off to CA, never calling, or answering his phone. He would answer Gramma Marlena, Daddy Lucas, but never Sonny's. Oh, once in a while he would, then was TOO BUSY so hung up in 20 seconds or less.
I also am hoping that Will has to do more than say over and over "I'm sorry, I love you".

Back