SONGS

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know, we all probably have songs that we like, ones that might be special for some reason to us, but are there songs you just love for no reason, or maybe for some reason, but can listen to over and over and over, a zillion times in a row maybe.
I know we all have groups or individual singers who we like listening to, no matter what they sing. But not always the singer of something we would listen to over and over and over in a row. Do you have such songs. Three is the limit. And, I don't always know the artist or band......but I sure know the song. O.K. you can add just one honorable mention. Love ya.

Kokomo......The Beach Boys (you know, ARuba, Jamaica, oooh, I wanna take ya)

The Time of My Life (from Dirty Dancing, you know, the Last Dance)

Softly, As I Leave You...Matt Monro (tho Frank Sinatra does a good job as well)

Honorable mention - Somewhere, from West Side Story

I have no idea why, but truly, I can listen to these over and over and never tire.

I love these three

I got a Feeling that tonight's going to be a good night( black eye peas )

How do you like me now ( Toby Keith )

From this moment on ( Shania Twain )

Ooh..there are so many.....especially when in the confines of my own car. I've gotten more than one funny look from someone in the lane next to me at a red light!

Born To Be My Baby - Bon Jovi
One Fine Day - Chiffons
In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride

Bonus: The Prayer - Andrea Bocelli & Celine Dion

Be Mine by Robyn
I can't make you love me by Bonnie Rait
I rather go blind by Etta James (maybe just anything by Etta James. I love so many of her songs and repeat them a lot)

Honorable Mention: Never Tear Us Apart by INXS

Petrified - Raul Esparza (from Boy George's "Taboo")

It Was A Very Good Year - Frank Sinatra

At Seventeen - Janis Ian

Honorable Mention: Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

So many indeed. Here are a few of mine :

- Somewhere out there, Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram, because I used to sing it while my husband and I were waiting to go adopt our daughters in China.

- The story of my life, Neil Diamond
- I need a hero, Bonnie Tyler (plus, it makes me think of Bo on his motorcycle) :love:

- the soundtrack for the movie Out of Africa, it always makes me dream.

- The music of the night, Phantom of the Opera, as I used to dream I played Christine, nothing less. :)

- Hello, Lionel Richie and The Lady in Red, Chris DeBurgh, two of my favorites romantic songs.

And so many more I could spend all day writing the titles.

Guess I'd be cheating if I said anything by The Beatles :) So I'll say Something By the Beatles (actually more of a George Harrison song ) LOVE it
I also like At Seventeen - Janis Ian
If you leave me now by Chicago...have always loved that song ...I love Chicago but that song probably my favorite of theirs the early stuff is best. IMO

I could go on Ok....Honorable Mention Love's first kiss Michael Nesmith or anything by Fisher...oops sorry

As a Christmas song, I love "Santa Baby". The unremorseful greedy sexiness of it just makes me smile. Plus I love to imitate it by doing a growly imitation of Eartha Kitt.

I was actually thought about starting a Christmas song topic, but it was before Thanksgiving.

I love all Christmas songs even when country people sing.

I love Trans Siberian Orchestra, Mannheim Steamroller.

Some of my fave songs are "Feliz Navidad" with Jose Feliciano .
Bing Crosby and David Bowie with "Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth"
John Lennon "Happy Christmas/War is Over"

"O Holy Night," when sung by the right kind of male tenor voice, gives me chills.

I like "Snow" as sung in the movie White Christmas.

So many others, but I mostly like the older, traditional Christmas songs, both hymns and secular. I have a Johnny Mathis tape that I like a lot.

For Christmas songs I like........
Little Drummer Boy that was my dads fav.
Twelve days of Christmas
Special songs.....

These Eyes by The Guess Who
Young Girl by Gary Pucket and the Union Gap
The Crockadile Rock by Elton John

You know, my radio stations have been playing sooo many Christmas songs, and some are really stupid variations of the 13 days of Christmas and I hate them.
But...O Holy Night is also my really favorite hymn. sometimes I am moved to tears when I hear it. Beautiful hymn. Also really like Manheim Steamroller, and the TransSiberian Orchestra. Just heard song by them both a little while ago.
Bing Crosby's White Christmas (and I have heard a lot of versions)
I have an Christmas Album by The Rat Pack that I really like.

I love this group. Too bad they don't have a CD only MP3.

I used to be a nightclub DJ so I've had to play many songs over, and over and OVER until I hate them. However, there are some I'll never get sick of. Here's a few:
Runaway - Bon Jovi
Losing My Religion - REM
Kiss From a Rose - Seal
Killer Queen - Queen
Telephone - Lady Gaga / Beyonce

For Christmas:
Christmas Eve/Sarejvo - Trans Siberian Orchestra
Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
Greensleeves - Winter Solstice collection

I have to agree with cowgirl " O Holy Night" my son sings this and he does an Awesome job, he has a southern Gospel sound in his voice. My Mom loved this song and she never got to hear James sing it. He started singing it about 4 years after she died. Also love The Little Drummer Boy.

Back