SPECULATION in re 2 upcoming events

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jason 47 has a teaser about a famous actor, outside of daytime, who will be coming on board later this year, and Sportzgirl suggested that perhaps it is Jennifer Aniston, who might have finally agreed to appear with her father John Aniston (Victor) on Days.

Now, there is supposed to be a murder mystery that begins in June, and (grain of salt time) & Corday has said it will be someone least likely (or something to that effect).

A lot of folks think perhaps the victim is going to be Deimos, since he really has a lot of others angry with him, the actor (Vincent Irrizary) is leaving Days, has finished taping.

And it just hit me, when I read Sportzgirl's post..........what IF it will be Jennifer Aniston, and she will be the killer?

Then, I was trying to figure who she might play.........the daughter of another of Victor's brothers? Xander's sister? Taylor Walker, who wants to get him out of her sister's life?

Remember, we really have NO idea who the actor is, could be a male, or female. My mind just went all lightbulb moments at that suggestion. LOL

I was hoping for Julia Roberts. She was a fan of Days and I'd love to see her have a role. Maybe she could be Helena's daughter and Deimos falls immediately in love with her and they leave town together; and it turns out the murder mystery is concerning Eduardo or Dario or someone we'd never expect to be murdered. (Boy, I must be feverish!!)

Oh my. If Days writes for this "celebrity" like they wrote for another "celebrity" (that matchmaker I never heard of) then it is going to be pretty bad.
Or like when they had Frances Fisher (Rose's mother in the movie Titanic) as Sami's nutty neighbor during the fake Rafe debacle. She's a wonderful actress and that was just painful.

Or like when they had Frances Fisher (Rose's mother in the movie Titanic) as Sami's nutty neighbor during the fake Rafe debacle. She's a wonderful actress and that was just painful.

It's really no different than any of these other name actors the show has brought on recently. They have a habit of bringing on actors who are successful elsewhere and then giving them bad writing. Usually they are gone within a year or 2.

I'd prefer the show focus on writing for the great cast it already has rather than this stunt casting stuff.

Poirot, that is a fun idea! IF it is well written, otherwise why would an actress of this status return? And this must be for much later in the year, right, the way they film months in advance?

Reactions: jgk
Let's not recall stunt casting, I'm hoping that's not the case. NBC has enough crummy reality shows, keep them at night, bring an actor to Days if we must!

But it should be well-written and propel story for an actual character. (That is, unless we're talking a Bill Horton recast? I suggest Patrick Duffy.)

Oh, wow, would I ever love to have Patrick Duffy on Days!

However, in re: Jennifer Aniston, I was not talking of her coming in for just a couple episodes. 6 wks., 3 mos. maybe. This murder thing is to begin in June, and not end until Sept., and most of that time will be under the pen of Carvilatti.

But I do agree that having Julia Roberts come in (same scenario) for that length of time would also be fabulous.

Either one actress regardless may actually lure in new viewers. I may whine a lot lately but perhaps they want people to be disappointed to lead up to something. I don't know.

I don't see Julia Roberts doing anything longer then a appearance or a cameo. Not gonna happen with her people schedule and life. As opposed to Jennifer Aniston's father works there and where she started out on Friends nearby, she'd make the time for a soap opera.

While I adore Patrick Duffy, if they were to bring back Bill Horton, he needs to be played by that silver fox, John Martin!

latest

Actually, if it was Jennifer Aniston making an appearance, I truly believe, John Aniston (Victor) will be singing his swan song. Even if Jennifer Aniston doesn't appear on the show, I believe John Aniston (Victor) will be saying goodbye shortly. Just a feeling. ShaSha

Back